HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:49 PM
▲▼▲▼≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣ ≣≣≣≣≣ ▼▲▼▲
United States, MD, Laurel
Joined Mar 2010
625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly View Post
Just get a devo and you can fly turnigy/flysky, DMS2, nine eagle, wk2801, wk2601, wk2401 rx and devo tx all in one
Sorry, if this has been asked/answered before... Please confirm, that Devo can bind to Spektrum DSM2...if so where can I/we learn more about it....

Thanks in advance.
IndiaHobby is offline Find More Posts by IndiaHobby
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:22 PM
Joined Jun 2011
6,665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Wow Chris,

Thank you so much for this! You don't know how much I'm looking forward to this. I don't want to say I am stupid, but I will say I am an extremely visual learner so something like this is right up my ally. I am truly looking forward to the build log with videos, pics and information. What size lipo's are you using on your Armattan 362? Would 3s 1000mah work? I have quite a few of those laying around.
3s, 1000mAh will get it off the ground but performance will be negligible and flight time about 2-3 minutes. The ESCs I have on this can handle up to 4s batteries. I'll be running 3s, 2200mAh, 40c and 4s, 1600mAh, 40c on this quad. The 4s 1600 batteries will give me the best performance but slightly shorter flight times than the 3s 2200.

Videos are currently processing and uploading. I'll have them up later today. I'll throw in an outdoor maiden flight as well for good measure.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:24 PM
Joined Jun 2011
6,665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaHobby View Post
Sorry, if this has been asked/answered before... Please confirm, that Devo can bind to Spektrum DSM2...if so where can I/we learn more about it....

Thanks in advance.
You'll find the info in this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...11471&page=101

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:33 PM
Grrr :-)
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
435 Posts
wait. the devo tx is DSM2 compatible so I can bind with my parkzone receivers such as my radian?
nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:46 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Too tired/lazy/drunk to read the whole thread, but iirc no. You can heavily modify a devo tx to do that, and you can also modify a 9x to do that. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Yeah, i think i was wrong. Do these radios use sdr? I am intrigued.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Last edited by skitchen8; Sep 22, 2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:49 PM
Honey,just one more thing
Rensselaer,IN
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
wait. the devo tx is DSM2 compatible so I can bind with my parkzone receivers such as my radian?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1728590
spudandretti is offline Find More Posts by spudandretti
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:57 PM
Grrr :-)
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
435 Posts
wow INSANELY killer cool. thanks just sealed the deal my next TX will be a devo just for that
nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:59 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,456 Posts
please refer to the official site for the Deviation firmware to convert your Devo to the all in one tx...

http://www.deviationtx.com/
magic_marty is online now Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:06 PM
<Marty>
Joined Jul 2011
1,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
Too tired/lazy/drunk to read the whole thread, but iirc no. You can heavily modify a devo tx to do that, and you can also modify a 9x to do that. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Yeah, i think i was wrong. Do these radios use sdr? I am intrigued.
no heavy modification is needed....its just a software upload and it converts the Devo to a mass usb storage that Windows detects...can store over 250 model files...only need to do a small mod to get the flyfky protocal and its a very simple mod to do...just solder the module of the v911 tx inside on the devo...takes only a few minutes to complete...i have to say its amazing to have one tx to fly anything i have in my hanger...
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:08 PM
Addict.
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
How does it switch between walkera protocols and dsm though?
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:13 PM
<Marty>
Joined Jul 2011
1,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
How does it switch between walkera protocols and dsm though?
you select it on the model page on the screen of the devo...when you load a model it defaults to the Devo protocal at first then after you select which protocal it saves it and loads it from then on when you select that model...
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:16 PM
Addict.
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
I'm curious as to how it does it hardware wise though
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:21 PM
<Marty>
Joined Jul 2011
1,456 Posts
not sure what you mean? if you mean is there any hardware modifications to the pc board inside the tx then no there is nothing to change on the board its just a firmware and gui update...unless you want flysky protocal then you just simply solder the v911 module inside the tx...
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:27 PM
Addict.
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
No, I mean that the protocol used for dsm and devo are different, I'm not quite understanding how the radio manages to switch protocols without any modifications.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:35 PM
<Marty>
Joined Jul 2011
1,456 Posts
i myself don't fully understand how it works but some how the guy that wrote the codes got it switch between the protocals and remap the controls ect...it works really well cause lots of people are using the Devo to fly there mcpx and mqx ect...in future updates there is going to be telemetry added as well as other features...