HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:32 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,585 Posts
Measurements for someone to design new canopies

I have a friend that might be able to help design some nice canopies for the smaller quads e.g. V939 and X100. Mine hasn't arrive so he needs your help with the following:

- Thickness of the carbon fiber boom, in millimeters. If you have several, pick the thickest.

- Distance from motor shaft to motor shaft along the same axis (opposing booms), in millimeters. If you have several, pick the smallest.

- Prop diameter and distance of the prop tip from the supporting boom, when aligned, in mm.

- Diameter of the frame that's supporting the main board, in mm. Again, if you have several models, pick the largest.

- Height of the mainboard on the frame, starting from any of the pods boom position.

Please state the quad that you took the measurements. Thanks guys!
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:17 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
vpsporb: I agree! The ladybird (including the V2) can handle winds that my brushless Hoten-X can only dream about flying through... I've yet to own a quad that could do any better.
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,115 Posts
Guys,

A buddy of mine and I spent a few hours videoing a build log for a scratch build hobby grade quad today, as promised. I'll have a series of videos up in a build log thread up by tomorrow. This will show you, step by step, how to build your own quad from scratch. The one I built in the videos is the Armattan 362. Looks like this:

Stay tuned....

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:38 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
As a long-time Ladybird proponent and cheerleader , I would agree that the Ladybird is superb in the wind especially in 6-axis mode.
In 6-axis mode It is sooo stable that once I point her in any direction, I have the confidence in knowing that the wind cannot knock her off-course as the 3-axis accelerometers make sure of that. Also when I am flying high fast circuits around the park, it is very comforting knowing that I don't have to worry about the wind and can fully concentrate on flying and distance turns.

The Ladybird is even very stable in 3-axis mode, I only started to fly in 3-axis mode when I started learning how to flip the Ladybird on Sept. 9th... so I'm noobish to 3-axis/3D mode heheh At the park a few days later it was very windy! but I decided to test my noob skills in it anyways, and was suprised my 1.0 firmware Ladybird could handle flipping and rolling in the stiff winds and gusts so well! Current firmware Ladybirds have much better throttle range/control, so should be even better when recovering.

the video for your enjoyment.... darn kids... *grumble* heh
http://youtu.be/oCSah-__gGU
so anyone looking for a micro "Wind Warrior" Quad that has laser-like flight precision and onboard voltage Telemetry(V.1)... look no further!
vpsporb, you are a good saleman for the Ladybird.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:27 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
can anyone confirm what the latest firmware version is for the Ladybird v1?

my first LB from Helipal came with v1.0. I used the UP02 upgrade tool to update to v1.1 downloaded from the Walkera website, although it still says v1.0 (a bug they still haven't fixed apparently)

my second LB from Wowhobbies arrived less than a month ago and I went to update the firmware, only to find that it supposedly has 'v1.2.' this was a surprise to me, as I can't seem to confirm anywhere that there is in fact a v1.2 or where you can download it. thoughts?
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:50 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
vpsporb, you are a good saleman for the Ladybird.
The man speaks the truth, though, unlike most salesmen.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 22, 2012, 03:27 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Stay tuned....
Tuned in and looking forward to a good read.
Thanks for taking the time and effort to share the project.

regards from patrick in Oz.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Sep 22, 2012, 03:31 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,323 Posts
Wow Chris,

Thank you so much for this! You don't know how much I'm looking forward to this. I don't want to say I am stupid, but I will say I am an extremely visual learner so something like this is right up my ally. I am truly looking forward to the build log with videos, pics and information. What size lipo's are you using on your Armattan 362? Would 3s 1000mah work? I have quite a few of those laying around.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:27 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,878 Posts
Much thanks for the kind words guys.
The Ladybird is really that good! @least with the Ladybird you know it's not the hardware that'll let you down, it will continue to fly better as your skills with it grows. ask me how I know.... heheh 'cuz I really sukd at flying my Ladybird when I first got it.

wow wow Wow! Chris.... looking real good. I like the stealthy black look better than bare Alu. I will have to order a 250 class frame from you in about a week when I have the moola and build-up myself a robust Armattan sport quad. That way I can learn and practice flipping and rolling a larger quad without having to worry about breaking boom/motor mounts on a glass-fibre frame.

weather permitting.... Happy flying all!
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:36 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
can anyone confirm what the latest firmware version is for the Ladybird v1?

my first LB from Helipal came with v1.0. I used the UP02 upgrade tool to update to v1.1 downloaded from the Walkera website, although it still says v1.0 (a bug they still haven't fixed apparently)

my second LB from Wowhobbies arrived less than a month ago and I went to update the firmware, only to find that it supposedly has 'v1.2.' this was a surprise to me, as I can't seem to confirm anywhere that there is in fact a v1.2 or where you can download it. thoughts?
I've ordered the UP02 kit to flash my Wowhobbies fw1.0 LB to 1.1 it's still a few weeks away though... Now they have a fw1.2 wha?

Please update us if you find any info on that firmware.

fw1.0 = needs alot of throttle to hover.
fw1.1 = has very sensitive throttle and will lift and hover with little throttle.
fw1.2 = ??

Thanks.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:41 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Guys,

A buddy of mine and I spent a few hours videoing a build log for a scratch build hobby grade quad today, as promised. I'll have a series of videos up in a build log thread up by tomorrow. This will show you, step by step, how to build your own quad from scratch. The one I built in the videos is the Armattan 362. Looks like this:

Stay tuned....

Best,
Chris
You = Awesome
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:43 PM
Sweden
Joined Jul 2004
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
As a long-time Ladybird proponent and cheerleader , I would agree that the Ladybird is superb in the wind especially in 6-axis mode.
In 6-axis mode It is sooo stable that once I point her in any direction, I have the confidence in knowing that the wind cannot knock her off-course as the 3-axis accelerometers make sure of that. Also when I am flying high fast circuits around the park, it is very comforting knowing that I don't have to worry about the wind and can fully concentrate on flying and distance turns.

The Ladybird is even very stable in 3-axis mode, I only started to fly in 3-axis mode when I started learning how to flip the Ladybird on Sept. 9th... so I'm noobish to 3-axis/3D mode heheh At the park a few days later it was very windy! but I decided to test my noob skills in it anyways, and was suprised my 1.0 firmware Ladybird could handle flipping and rolling in the stiff winds and gusts so well! Current firmware Ladybirds have much better throttle range/control, so should be even better when recovering.

the video for your enjoyment.... darn kids... *grumble* heh
http://youtu.be/oCSah-__gGU
so anyone looking for a micro "Wind Warrior" Quad that has laser-like flight precision and onboard voltage Telemetry(V.1)... look no further!

Wow, really impressive quad and flying... this video makes me want this quad a lot, to bad I can not use my 9x to fly it
zippiz is offline Find More Posts by zippiz
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:52 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippiz View Post
Wow, really impressive quad and flying... this video makes me want this quad a lot, to bad I can not use my 9x to fly it
Well, NOT YET anyway, but if I can believe the stuff I read in a German forum the other day (and I was told by someone pretty knowledgeable that I CAN), then it should not really take THAT incredibly long anymore, before this is NO LONGER a distant dream ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:28 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Guys,

Stay tuned....

Best,
Chris
Thanks Chris! I'm excited!
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:36 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippiz View Post
Just get a devo and you can fly turnigy/flysky, DMS2, nine eagle, wk2801, wk2601, wk2401 rx and devo tx all in one
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly