HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2012, 02:44 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,261 Posts
Kind of off topic of the rtf's, but for those of you that have more experience could you help me in learning to get into a funnel while flying. I have watched the warthox video's which are just awesome, but this is something I'm seeming to really struggle with. I don't know if I'm just too scared once it starts leaning up on it's side to try and get it in a spinning motion or what, but I just can't seem to get into the right position to make it happen. I asked over on the mqx thread but never got anyone to respond and a few others were looking for an explanation as well. Thought maybe some of you guys could give direction. Thanks.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:27 PM
Joined Jun 2012
49 Posts
The V949 is now in stock. http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ne...f-p-49730.html
Nickz88 is offline Find More Posts by Nickz88
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:19 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Kind of off topic of the rtf's, but for those of you that have more experience could you help me in learning to get into a funnel while flying. I have watched the warthox video's which are just awesome, but this is something I'm seeming to really struggle with. I don't know if I'm just too scared once it starts leaning up on it's side to try and get it in a spinning motion or what, but I just can't seem to get into the right position to make it happen. I asked over on the mqx thread but never got anyone to respond and a few others were looking for an explanation as well. Thought maybe some of you guys could give direction. Thanks.
Well since nobody more knowledgeable has answered I'll share how I have done a funnel like maneuver. Basically I bank and yank, that is to say give full aileron deflection, and then yank back on the elevator. Then it is a matter of adjusting aileron and small doses of rudder to keep the side of the quad parallel with the ground while keeping it from dropping too far in elevation.

Maybe not the correct way but it looks cool to me
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:12 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Well for me it was a bit of a steep learning curve. I had only owned a Ladybird and had never built a hobby grade quad before when myrcmart asked me to review a 450 quad and to show how to build it in video. I was clueless but I accepted. Between a few very helpful posters on here, I had it built in one day and it flew fine.

It's really not that difficult, guys. I will try to put a build thread for beginners with complete video instructions from building the frame, to connecting the electronics, pre-flight check and radio settings. Stay tuned. I have a buddy of mine who may be willing to film this for beers as my wife will not be happy having to stand there holding a camera for an hour.

Best,
Chris
Thanks so much for the efforts you put into helping your fellow RC enthusiasts! I'm still learning every day & friends like you make it possible! I can't wait to see the video instructions. They will help me tremendously! Thanks in advance!
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:48 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickz88 View Post
Now the 949 looks interesting to me, but I wonder if there is an BNF version, and how the lights will work with a 9x.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:23 PM
a.k.a. BiggTony
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Jul 2010
297 Posts
I like the v949 a lot, but not for the canopy or lights...... it's the on/off led function. I think I should be able to use that feature to power on the 808 in flight.....or maybe use it as a snapshot function, but that might be more trouble than it's worth since that can easily be done via video editor and I'm certain the power is constant once activated.
dedmonwakin is offline Find More Posts by dedmonwakin
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:35 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,381 Posts
hey guys I ordered the 949 from banggood i was looking for some extra batteries.

This ?
Turnigy nano-tech 600mah 1S 35~70C Lipo Pack (Fits Nine Eagles Solo Pro 328, Eflite MQX, 120SR)

or this?
Tigers 1S 3.7V 600mAh 2.1Wh 15C LiPo Battery EFLB5001S for WLtoys v929 Beetle

the stock ones that came are much higher priced.
Also those are JST connector? so I can build my own parallel charge lead
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:45 PM
Joined Jun 2012
49 Posts
Yes, both the Turnigy and Tiger batteries use JST connectors. The Turnigy batteries are more powerful, but the Tiger batteries are cheaper. It is up to you. $5.24 for 5 tigers.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tiger...426047466.html
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:54 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,381 Posts
Any good reason for have a bit more power? Better loops and rolls? $5 for 5 tiger sounds very good. It worth to pay 3 times more for the nanos? The nano are a bit longer and heavier by the spec provided for both. Also i like the shorter cables from the nano.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:03 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,128 Posts
I tried several batteries (except the Nanotech) and I could not tell any improvements between them.

The ability to on/off light remotely can be quite fun - in the dark, sneak up some where, then suddenly activate the light to scare the sht out of your unsuspecting friend. Then off the lights before flying away... and repeat the cycle. w00t!
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:33 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Thas was the price for only 1 battery. Banggood have 5x $12.25. I will order those !
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:38 PM
Joined Jun 2012
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxFX View Post
Thas was the price for only 1 battery. Banggood have 5x $12.25. I will order those !
No, you are mistaken. The 5001 means 5 batteries. Also, the shipment weight is five times the weight of the shipment weight of a single battery. Each battery weighs 20 grams and the package weight is 100 grams. That is no coincidence.
Last edited by Nickz88; Sep 19, 2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:03 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,212 Posts
What Daxfx said about the price at aliexpress being for 1 battery was actually correct, here is a copy/paste from that page...
Price:
US $5.24 / piece
Bulk Price:
US $5.08 / piece (11 pieces or more)
Shipping Cost:
Free Shipping

... and the 5001 is the model number of the battery, have a look at the pic, it's on the battery.
If you could actually find 5 of those batteries for $5.24 it would certainly be a bargain, especially as it's free shipping.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:32 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,128 Posts
If you can find 5 batteries for $5.24, please don't share in the forums. As it would be an amazingly great deal, it'll be out of stock instantly. Please share the tip through private messages.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:07 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Yes, both the Turnigy and Tiger batteries use JST connectors. The Turnigy batteries are more powerful, but the Tiger batteries are cheaper. It is up to you. $5.24 for 5 tigers.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tiger...426047466.html
dont be surprised if your package arrives with only 1 lipo inside when you expected 5. aliexpress does not have paypal protection so ads can be a little ambiguous and get away with it. also note that the v949 motors will have very short life with this battery. this is not from theory or conjecture but actual experience.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993