HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:13 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
I personally have not tried the 939 bit.
Those V939's must be flown with aftermarket battery (300 or 260 mAh) to show their full potential.

Stock battery is hmm ... crappy ... not normal for WL Toys.
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:46 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
345 Posts
I have both the v939 and the x100 and would easily recommend the x100 over he v939. It is much more stable and responsive than the v939 even when the v939 is controlled with the 9x. The x100's transmitter is light and feels cheap (it is) but it works well (and only needs 3 AA's)

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:13 AM
Joined Jun 2012
49 Posts
The Hubsan x4 seems a lot better than the MJX X100 with its 2 gyro sensitivity setting ( normal and expert) and fully customizable aileron, elevator, and rudder sensitivities along with channel reversing.
Nickz88 is offline Find More Posts by Nickz88
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:18 AM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Hopefully someone gets one to review, it is very hard to trust a manufacturer to be honest about their products nowadays unfortunately.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:08 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
Hopefully someone gets one to review, it is very hard to trust a manufacturer to be honest about their products nowadays unfortunately.
Especially one with very little track record to base our predictions on. Oh well, every company has to start somewhere and I hope the Hubsan quad will fly as well as it looks

and you are right, if a company accidentally labels coreless motors as brushless motors (regardless of the reason) I would take what they say with a grain of salt.

Think I should be able to do a review on this quad as soon as it is available...THEN we'll see if it's worth buying. I can't wait...it has some big shoes to fill!
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:13 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,759 Posts
here is another Ive found.. whoops , soory......its whats mentioned above
http://www.cmfhobbies.com/details.asp?ID=2385
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:21 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,279 Posts
If the X100 has manual flips, then why does it have a flip button?

Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:58 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
If the X100 has manual flips, then why does it have a flip button?

Chris
To me they are redundant. Flipping with the stick and flipping with the button feels the same to me.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:10 AM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
I think he means manual flips as in combining stick movements and throttle to make it flip rather than either just push a button or move stick to endpoint and the software does a flip.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:24 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
I think he means manual flips as in combining stick movements and throttle to make it flip rather than either just push a button or move stick to endpoint and the software does a flip.
Manual flips means you can stall it inverted, for example, and watch it fall inverted. Auto flips can't do that. The quad goes full circle automatically.

So which one is it? Auto, I'm guessing?

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:27 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Manyal flips means you can stall it inverted, for example, and watch it fall inverted. Auto flips can't do that.

So which one is it? Auto, I'm guessing?

Chris
Both auto...The button and elevator stick movement are just different ways of initializing them... Unlike the manual flips found on the ladybird/hoten x etc.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:30 AM
Grrr :-)
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
435 Posts
with manual flips (if the description is correct) you can flip in 4 directions. forward back left right flips with the button its one kind only would be my guess.

I though the benefit of the mjx was that IT had reversing and rates and tuning dials etc.. ?
nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:32 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,394 Posts
Gents,
Yep. On the MJX X100 the auto-flip with the "mode button" is always forward. If you set it to the "Pro mode" then with the sticks you can "auto-flip" in any direction.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Both auto...The button and elevator stick movement are just different ways of initializing them... Unlike the manual flips found on the ladybird/hoten x etc.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:44 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
with manual flips (if the description is correct) you can flip in 4 directions. forward back left right flips with the button its one kind only would be my guess.

I though the benefit of the mjx was that IT had reversing and rates and tuning dials etc.. ?
The manual flips are as Chris described... Basically you could control the quad throughout the flip. You could stop the flip/roll inverted or control the flip/roll rate. These actions are not possible with quads that feature only programmed, automatic flips (Which you have no choice but to let the quad do its thing until it levels out at the end of a flip/roll).

Jim is correct,
The MJX's flip button only flips the quad in one direction while with the stick you could flip it in any direction... But since the user has no control over the flip/roll until the quad is level, these are still considered automatic.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:23 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,279 Posts
That answers my question nicely. Thanks, James.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor