lol
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:16 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
I had a bad experience with "pre-ordering" from BG, I did that with the Helios 100, end up paying about $2.50 over current price, and didn't get the product any sooner than anybody else. On top of that, I got a lemon (fail to bind); to be fair, getting a defective product probably is uncorrelated with the fact that I pre-ordered. Just my bad luck.
It's not bad luck. It's just a very poor decision to buy from BG. No offense intended. Not sure how many more of these complaints people need to read before they grow leary of this vendor. Me? I stopped even thinking about ordering from BG after reading about 10 such comments in one months. No offense intended.

Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:17 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
It's not bad luck. It's just a very poor decision to buy from BG. No offense intended. Not sure how many more of these complaints people need to read before they grow leary of this vendor. Me? I stopped even thinking about ordering from BG after reading about 10 such comments in one months. No offense intended.

Chris
It's only 2.50.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:35 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry
It's only 2.50.
Erm.... I was more concerned about the part where he mentioned that the model was a lemon that wouldn't even bind.... Did you fail to read that part?

BG sells everything from sex toys to purses to lingerie and electronics. They are not RC people. They don't even have competent staff to test models working in the shipping department. Considering that between 2 and 4 out of 20 of these cheap models don't work out of the box from the factory, I'd say buying from BG is a gamble. Sure the price is usually low given the free shipping... But just like anything else, you get what you pay for.

YMMV and all that...

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:55 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
378 Posts
Quote:
Erm.... I was more concerned about the part where he mentioned that the model was a lemon that wouldn't even bind.... Did you fail to read that part?

BG sells everything from sex toys to purses to lingerie and electronics. They are not RC people. They don't even have competent staff to test models working in the shipping department. Considering that between 2 and 4 out of 20 of these cheap models don't work out of the box from the factory, I'd say buying from BG is a gamble. Sure the price is usually low given the free shipping... But just like anything else, you get what you pay for.

YMMV and all that...

Chris
To be fair to BG they have been great at customer service. I have ordered lemons from them in the past and they have always offered a refund or replacement. That being said I don't think I would buy an expensive quad/heli/airplane from them but for these cheap toys, when I don't mind waiting, I wouldn't hesitate.
Just my 2 cents.

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:02 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,760 Posts
And yet another person who received lemons... The numbers are staggering. I mean... If people want to gamble it's their prerogative. I personally prefer spending 5-10 bucks more and buying from reputable RC store that actually tests models before shipping. Worth every penny, IMO. I don't play lottery with my hobby money.

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:06 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:

Chris
This is the first negative experience I had with over a dozen orders, and even non-delivered orders were refunded right away. I think it might depend on who is handling each particular case, they must run on a low profit margin given their prices, and I'm coming to realize (and perhaps accept as fact) that nickel & diming just comes with the territory.

Edit: Oh, that 'nickel & dime' reference; I'm in the process of working a resolution with them and they seemed very reluctant to do anything that would potentially lower their profits (like sending me another tx and pcb, or pay for return shipping).
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Last edited by stonecutter; Sep 14, 2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:16 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
I'm coming to realize (and perhaps accept as fact) that nickel & diming just comes with the territory.
+1

Precisely. You get what you pay for.

C.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:00 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,261 Posts
Built my mqx/ladybird hybrid today using the Rakon Heli kit. Boy is this thing tiny! The kit is extremely well thought out. Even though I know it's not needed the cf stuff sure looks cool and once again the design is very well thought out. Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347652677.886655.jpg
Views: 82
Size: 160.6 KB
Description:
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347652710.700253.jpg
Views: 71
Size: 159.7 KB
Description:

No canopy yet as I didn't want to use the lb canopy because they don't actually fully cover the board.

I've only gotten to fly it in the living room for a few minutes. I have to admit its pretty cool!
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:19 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
+1

Precisely. You get what you pay for.

C.
how much would you pay for a bridge in brooklin?

they also say buy cheap, buy twice. i believe in that myself and put the 2nd unit aside for backup. usually not needed though because these chinese cheapies do tend to last. at least in my case.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:37 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,212 Posts
Quote:
I personally prefer spending 5-10 bucks more and buying from reputable RC store that actually tests models before shipping.
Exactly.
The thing I really do not like with the free postage drop-shippers, is that everything is removed from the factory packaging and put into whatever, so they can save a couple of yuan on postage. There are a growing number of ebay vendors that do the same.
Some folks are fortunate and goods eventually arrive, reasonably intact. Then there are those who end up with damaged goods, or it does not arrive at all.
Then comes the hassle of trying to get anything done.
I only experienced this once from ebay, never again. Not worth the disappointment, don't care how cheap it seems to be.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:41 PM
Joined Sep 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
To be fair to BG they have been great at customer service. I have ordered lemons from them in the past and they have always offered a refund or replacement. That being said I don't think I would buy an expensive quad/heli/airplane from them but for these cheap toys, when I don't mind waiting, I wouldn't hesitate.
Just my 2 cents.

Gerard.
I agree regarding BG customer service. I consider them - beside all the usual "problems" that appear out of nowhere when dealing with chinese sellers - honest to their customers.

Buying stuff in my home country did dissapoint me many times. Of course there are a couple of dealers left I trust.

Well each coin has two sides and to quote a malaysian saying "Five fingers from one hand are not the same".
m8ychris is offline Find More Posts by m8ychris
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Feb 2007
535 Posts
Interesting kit, with the MQX board you can now do manual flips with Ladybird sized quad? Let us know how it flies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Built my mqx/ladybird hybrid today using the Rakon Heli kit. Boy is this thing tiny! The kit is extremely well thought out. Even though I know it's not needed the cf stuff sure looks cool and once again the design is very well thought out. Attachment 5155055
Attachment 5155056

No canopy yet as I didn't want to use the lb canopy because they don't actually fully cover the board.

I've only gotten to fly it in the living room for a few minutes. I have to admit its pretty cool!
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:17 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,696 Posts
Talking about Bang good. I got email four full weeks ago my Helios 100 was shipped. Still not here. I ordered stuff from Hobby king two weeks later and recieved items. Another China Jade a week after that and that arrived. Plus I made mistake and ordered some parts from Bang good on another order, God knows if I will ever get them. Only vendor I could find tail motor for 9958. I;'m done with Bang good Well at least I got parts for my S/P 270A. Busted flybar Hobbyking came throught plus got some new 160ma batteries for it also. Bang good needs to change its name to bad bang or we bang you !!
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:31 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
378 Posts
Quote:
And yet another person who received lemons... The numbers are staggering. I mean... If people want to gamble it's their prerogative. I personally prefer spending 5-10 bucks more and buying from reputable RC store that actually tests models before shipping. Worth every penny, IMO. I don't play lottery with my hobby money.

Chris
Just to be clear, the lemons I received weren't any rc quads/helis but electronics. You certainly have a point though, but at the price these things are sold for I don't mind buying 2 and taking the gamble that at least 1 (usually both) are good working models and the other is a cheap source of parts.

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest