HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:10 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
What? Dunno about your quads... But here's one I have that is smaller than the 929: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeZ4o-PQ_0w

Trying to compare these quads to the 929 is like trying to compare a Lada and a Ferrari.

Best,
Chris
Thats a sweet Bambu Crab25 you've built, and some nice flying there.
It's funny... a couple of weeks ago, I also ordered myself a Crab25 frame as a back-up for my X250. Although after seeing yours built and flying, I think I should build it now.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:10 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Thanks, we already know ;-)
mystman is offline Find More Posts by mystman
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:11 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
Thats a sweet Bambu Crab25 you've built, and some nice flying there.
It's funny... a couple of weeks ago, I also ordered myself a Crab25 frame as a back-up for my X250. Although after seeing yours built and flying, I think I should build it now.
Can you estimate the total costs ?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:20 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,404 Posts
Gents,
Mullticopter capabilities and features for data-link and waypoints have been around for about 5 years with the Mikrokopter and UAVX, AeroQuad/DIYDrones/ArduPirate-stuff and waypoint point and click navigation and mission planning. The ZeroUAV flight controller can be real-time waypoint changed via supplied WiFi and your Andorid/I-stuff. For the DJI-stuff and ZeroUAV, you will pay ~$1K or more for the "privilege" of more than a few waypoints, range and commercial usage...The AutoQuad is an open source multicopter project on steroids with an involved initial setup and calibration, but once that is done it is top-of-the-line in multicopter performance and capability at a decent price with no additional expensive charges for waypoint capability like some of the previously mentioned FCBs. There have been lot's of feature and performance improvements since Mike Dammer made the first piezo quadrocopter DraganFlyer in 1999 commercially viable and available.

These cheapo quads are great for wetting our hobbyist appetites of for the more feature-rich and higher performance muticopters. Just like the progression of the Black and White TV>Color>Plasma>DLP>LCD>LED>Laser>Bio-Implants, the prices fall with even better performance
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
I think the TECH is here for this already its just not integrated and or mature yet. I think once the djii gps getup etc.. gets cheaper and or more common your going to see someone make some android or windows software to "uplink" with the onboard unit and give it instructions.

it will be point and click.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Sep 14, 2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:10 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,533 Posts
Hubsan X4 on BG: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Th...r-p-50790.html

I wonder if its price would fluctuate like a stock market, again.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:26 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Just tell me it will bind to FlySky and i'm shot :P
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:35 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Hubsan X4 on BG: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Th...r-p-50790.html

I wonder if its price would fluctuate like a stock market, again.
Will the price raise...should I order now...should I wait....I'm confused
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:29 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,368 Posts
I have a feeling this thing is just an extended canopy that covers center frame and arms. I bet it uses cf or composite arms just like most these quads. The result will just be an overweight quad that performs poorly. Slow. Short flight time. Hmm...

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:31 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,533 Posts
Check out the motors, they look huge as compared to the Ladybird or mQX! When compared to the other quads, it stands out like an Italian sports car - full of power, masculine, oomph!
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:38 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Check out the motors, they look huge as compared to the Ladybird or mQX! When compared to the other quads, it stands out like an Italian sports car - full of power, masculine, oomph!
I think the motors appear to be big causing by the viewing angle. On this site you can see it better : http://www.throttlestore.com/hubsan_...r.aspx?lang=EN

...and if you compare the price, BG is more than cheaper

maybe these are 4mm or 6mm motors (LB 7mm / mQX 8.5mm)
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:02 AM
Joined Aug 2012
14 Posts
MJX x100 battery connector

What kind/size of battery connector does the MJX X100 use -- and where is a good place to purchase the connectors? (I have an MJX X100 on order and I may try to use other 1s batteries with it which may have different connectors.)
jiminalaska is offline Find More Posts by jiminalaska
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:21 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminalaska View Post
What kind/size of battery connector does the MJX X100 use -- and where is a good place to purchase the connectors? (I have an MJX X100 on order and I may try to use other 1s batteries with it which may have different connectors.)
Look for these on ebay : http://www.ebay.com/itm/JST-DS-LOSI-...#ht_1689wt_954
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:27 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
Will the price raise...should I order now...should I wait....I'm confused
I had a bad experience with "pre-ordering" from BG, I did that with the Helios 100, end up paying about $2.50 over current price, and didn't get the product any sooner than anybody else. On top of that, I got a lemon (fail to bind); to be fair, getting a defective product probably is uncorrelated with the fact that I pre-ordered. Just my bad luck.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Last edited by stonecutter; Sep 14, 2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:29 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,919 Posts
$2.50 over current price
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:11 AM
West Borneo
Joined Mar 2009
52 Posts
just wondered how well is hubsan x4 compared to the wl929. I am very happy with WL929 and hubsan X4 looks promising too. ha2
aliank is offline Find More Posts by aliank