SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:43 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre View Post


Srsly tho, that is kind of exactly what I was thinking of buying when I'm more comfortable with my v929. Is there a thread or more info about this somewhere?
+1 thank you balr14, it seems every post you make I learn new things
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:47 PM
Registered User
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
400 Posts
I'm finding this MJX X100 interesting. The TX has some different controls which may be nice depending on how they work (like the 0-100 adjustment knob). Check it out here: http://www.goodluckbuy.com/2-4g-4ch-...-x-series.html
MikeSRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeSRC
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:55 PM
Registered User
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre View Post
Srsly tho, that is kind of exactly what I was thinking of buying when I'm more comfortable with my v929. Is there a thread or more info about this somewhere?
X250 Thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1668441
MikeSRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeSRC
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:58 PM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSRC View Post
I'm finding this MJX X100 interesting. The TX has some different controls which may be nice depending on how they work (like the 0-100 adjustment knob). Check it out here: http://www.goodluckbuy.com/2-4g-4ch-...-x-series.html
I'm guessing 0-100 knob is tied to the "funtion" button to adjust the fun level.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:09 PM
Registered User
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
I'm guessing 0-100 knob is tied to the "funtion" button to adjust the fun level.
If anyone can read Chinese, there's some detail on their website (can't use Google Translate with it as it's a jpeg): http://www.mjxrc.com/X-Series-performance-1743
and: http://www.mjxrc.com/X-Series-Feature-1743
MikeSRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeSRC
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:17 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
2,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Brandigan : although i would "love" to have something like these recent micro quads with as many bells and whistles as possible there is a point of diminishing returns which these companies have to adhere to ....>8 snip .
OK.... All I'm saying is: Current cost to produce + small, cheap improvement = Small increase on current price. Not gold-plated AI-controlled, solar-powered flying robots the size of a grain of rice. Just one little, cheap addition, which is already out there and so the technology is known, and just needs applying.

Cost of making the v929? All of it? probably less than $5 and everyone who supplied the parts made a profit. You can buy a single boom from Banggood with Free P&P for $1.38 and they make a profit, so it's all very doable. Of course, that $0.02 for the compass is a larger proportion of $5 than $45, but the price doesn't have to double at every stage it changes hands.

And you didn't point out any scientists who said something can't be done, and it was anyway. Flying to the moon? At the time Kennedy set the timetable it was thought impossible, but the political need was there and so everyone worked their socks off to hit the deadline.
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:38 PM
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSRC View Post
That is a great thread! The guys there really helped me. I did not know a damned thing about quads, or Arduino, or MultiWii or anything. If you can solder and use a screwdriver, you can build this quad. Now my X250 flies like a dream and the auto-level has saved a few crashes. The funniest thing was when I set the barometer on by accident and couldn't get the damn quad to change altitude. Here's mine (it comes with 12 big LEDs):
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:47 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,270 Posts
$5 to make the v929 ? id say a bit more.

As for flying to the moon , it was already "doable" there was no real need to go there , big difference.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 02:38 PM
Registered User
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
That is a great thread! The guys there really helped me. I did not know a damned thing about quads, or Arduino, or MultiWii or anything. If you can solder and use a screwdriver, you can build this quad. Now my X250 flies like a dream and the auto-level has saved a few crashes. The funniest thing was when I set the barometer on by accident and couldn't get the damn quad to change altitude. Here's mine (it comes with 12 big LEDs):
Very nice build Balr... which slushy-top is that one?
I'm really going to need "top protection" for the hard-mounted KK2 board on mine.
I did a mock-up build of my kit last night, (like building a model again ) and I noticed that I'm missing the wire harnesses to go from the KK2 board to the RX! where do I buy some? FAST! and I'm guessing the ESC wires are to be cut to size... 3 black wires... just soldered to the tabs like the motor wires? and if need reversing, just swap 2 motor wires around?
I'll be soldering the motor and ESC wires today.....

Thanks for any tips!
Bernie.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 03:19 PM
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
Very nice build Balr... which slushy-top is that one?
I'm really going to need "top protection" for the hard-mounted KK2 board on mine.
I did a mock-up build of my kit last night, (like building a model again ) and I noticed that I'm missing the wire harnesses to go from the KK2 board to the RX! where do I buy some? FAST! and I'm guessing the ESC wires are to be cut to size... 3 black wires... just soldered to the tabs like the motor wires? and if need reversing, just swap 2 motor wires around?
I'll be soldering the motor and ESC wires today.....

Thanks for any tips!
Bernie.
That's a McDonalds Ice cream cup cover. The trick was to mount it without adding weight or more hardware. I figured out a way that works great, will share if you like.

From board to RX is just servo cables from any LHS. I have the parts and crimping tool so I make my own to fit.

Yes, ESC wires are cut to fit, soldered to tabs and ESC is folded over wires so they are close to the frame hub.

Yes, you just have to swap 2 wires for direction change. I used alligator clips to make temporary connections before soldering.

If you remove plastic case, receiver may fit under board.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:11 PM
Registered User
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
That's a McDonalds Ice cream cup cover. The trick was to mount it without adding weight or more hardware. I figured out a way that works great, will share if you like.

From board to RX is just servo cables from any LHS. I have the parts and crimping tool so I make my own to fit.

Yes, ESC wires are cut to fit, soldered to tabs and ESC is folded over wires so they are close to the frame hub.

Yes, you just have to swap 2 wires for direction change. I used alligator clips to make temporary connections before soldering.

If you remove plastic case, receiver may fit under board.
Thanks for the quick tips Balr. and yes I would like you to share your Mcdougals top mod please... in pictures would be nice.
Ahhh a de-shelled RX might just fit under there... cool.
Just servo wires huh? nice, now to plan a trip out to the LHS... which is not so local to me unfortunately. *sigh*
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:23 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
gordonzo's Avatar
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
MJX X100 video:

http://e.weibo.com/mjxrc?ref=http%3A...s-Feature-1743
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:27 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
... I also wonder whether the V1 QR Ladybird has been discontinued? If so, it would be pity that a superior product has been discontinued because of the clones.
I still see the mQx and V1 QR Ladybird (and their parts) on sale with no signs of being discontinued. With the Ladybird V1 vs. V2, the V1 has firmware upgrade capability and accelerometers. I have been told the accelerometers help a lot with flying in the wind, so that would be a reason to get the V1 despite the increased cost.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 06:04 PM
Registered User
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
2,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
I know what it means but it is incorrect, misleading, and stupid terminology and it annoys me greatly that people use it. There are no fourth, fifth, and sixth axis and an accelerometer shares absolutely nothing in common with a gyro. Proper terminology would be 6DOF.
6DOF doesn't have quite the same ring to it as 6-axis does it?
That is probably why these are named that way.
Firehawk989 is online now Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 06:14 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Even six axis would be okay, my beef is with the term six axis gyro because there is no such thing.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suggestion Personal attack Rule as it applies to Trader Talk Thread Titles porcia83 Site Suggestions / Complaints 3 Jul 27, 2012 11:58 AM
For Sale Quadcopter Parts Sale Thread mfkubak Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 10 Jul 26, 2012 02:33 PM
Discussion Why are there so many heli threads in the Airplane Micro RTF forum? Bowerz Site Chat 38 Dec 15, 2009 06:43 PM
Wattage RTF Micro Flyer (thread #2) Skyshark Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 233 Sep 17, 2009 02:22 PM
Wattage RTF Micro Flyer (thread #1) Bleriot Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 384 Dec 15, 2004 02:28 PM