HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2012, 02:54 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Why oh why did they have to make it 9x compatible, I cannot afford another quad right now...
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:25 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
So far I've got the X1 throttle and rudder straightened out on the 9x but I still have to get the elevator and aileron figured out. When I throttle up it wants to shoot off to the left no matter what I do with the right stick..lol You guys who know the 9x better probably would have had it set up in a few minutes...lol Maybe someone can help me figure out what channel goes with what thing and the settings if needed?
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Last edited by BlueHavoc; Sep 07, 2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 05:06 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,506 Posts
Gents,
I just got my Micro MJX X100 and it does have an annoying high pitched whine. My Micro UDI U816 is quiet in comparison. They both appear to have the same sized motors. I think it might have something to do with servo/motor update frequency they are using.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenkryparen View Post
Also the MJX X100 have a high frequency noise (compared to a V929), but i think its from the tiny props.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Sep 07, 2012, 05:19 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
What the happened to the prices at Banggood? I pre-ordered the Syma X1 at $39 and decided to switch to MJX X100 instead because it would be too long a wait for the X1 and now they almost triple the price to $100 They can't possibly be serious. Even the most expensive shops sell it for well under that price. Maybe Aaron could look into this for us?
You can get it for $45.98 (free shipping) here : http://www.symatoystore.com/Syma-X1-...ro-quad-copter

But I hope $100 at banggood.com is a temporary mistake.

Banggood, please sell them for $40 or same price as v929!!!
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Sep 07, 2012, 07:21 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc View Post
So far I've got the X1 throttle and rudder straightened out on the 9x but I still have to get the elevator and aileron figured out. When I throttle up it wants to shoot off to the left no matter what I do with the right stick..lol You guys who know the 9x better probably would have had it set up in a few minutes...lol Maybe someone can help me figure out what channel goes with what thing and the settings if needed?
Well, I have not even tried the Syma on my 9X yet (as this will require to set up a completely new model and I have absolutely NO clue on how to do that ... but my mCPX now flies with it (big shoutout and thanks to Daryoon).
oh .. and BTW, I put my two cents about the SYMA X1 on my blog! (and have a little surprise in there for all the guys who read all the way through it ... ...)

C y'all there ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:14 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
That's a great blog post!
You answered my battery question and that's really good news!
I assume the standard batteries fit well with no balance issues?
Quiet is good too...

My "First Quad(s)" wish list has grown confusing.
If the X1 had lights, I'd want it over the V949.

Don't think I can go wrong with any (or all) of these.

V949
X1
X100

P.S. - The X1 UFO model is 59.99 w. free US shipping here:
http://www.amazon.com/Syma-Channel-2...ywords=syma+x1

IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Last edited by IFlyRCs; Sep 07, 2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:07 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
You can get it for $45.98 (free shipping) here : http://www.symatoystore.com/Syma-X1-...ro-quad-copter

But I hope $100 at banggood.com is a temporary mistake.

Banggood, please sell them for $40 or same price as v929!!!
I just checked the link and it looks like they have the rudder on the right stick and aileron on the left stick on the included tx. Is this true? If so it may explain some of the problems BlueHavoc is having setting it up on his 9x.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:12 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
I just checked the link and it looks like they have the rudder on the right stick and aileron on the left stick on the included tx. Is this true? If so it may explain some of the problems BlueHavoc is having setting it up on his 9x.
my rtf tx was in normal mode 2, no problems there at all... I'm just not very familiar with my 9x..lol I did get my throttle and rudder in the proper place and working right. now I have to figure out what goes where for the right stick...
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Last edited by BlueHavoc; Sep 07, 2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:33 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
You answered my battery question and that's really good news!
I assume the standard batteries fit well with no balance issues?
Quiet is good too...

My "First Quad(s)" wish list has grown confusing.
If the X1 had lights, I'd want it over the V949.

Don't think I can go wrong with any (or all) of these.

V949
X1
X100

P.S. - The X1 UFO model is 59.99 w. free US shipping here:
http://www.amazon.com/Syma-Channel-2...ywords=syma+x1

now THAT is annoying! my X1 comes from the exact same store and I had to pay 7$ more! (within 2 or 3 days ... ...)

There is no balance issue with the 550/600 battery (if you mean by that any problems with CoG) - however, I strongly recommend to fix the battery with some Scotch Tape, as the holder itself will NOT keep it in place once you get a little more "adventurous" with your flying style ... ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Sep 08, 2012, 12:28 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,654 Posts
Quote:
+1 His blog is bloody awesome. Tons of info, pictures, videos and parsed humor. Good reading.

I just finished building a Bambucopter Miniquad 25. It's tiny! Waiting on props now. I will be sharing some videos when I get the props. It's a micro, but not exactly RTF, though. Maybe the wrong thread for it.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 08, 2012, 01:04 AM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
855 Posts
haha,the syma x1 can bind with my v911 v929 v939 TX,that's to say,it binds wiht the 9x!
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 08, 2012, 01:20 AM
a.k.a. BiggTony
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Jul 2010
297 Posts
Thanks for confirming peoples request several posts and days later........after it's already been confirmed.
Now if you would please see about that inflated price of $100 for the syma x1 on your site, that would be great......
dedmonwakin is offline Find More Posts by dedmonwakin
Old Sep 08, 2012, 02:20 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedmonwakin View Post
now if you would please see about that inflated price of $100 for the syma x1 on your site, that would be great......
+1
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Sep 08, 2012, 02:55 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,942 Posts
Subscribed
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:21 AM
Joined Feb 2007
531 Posts
What is the rundown on how all these quads do flips? Any of them do manual flips?

From what I have heard (I have the first two, V929 board only) -
1) V929 does auto flips in any direction at 100% rates, initiated by moving stick full and then back to center. It has no other "flip now" button. But rates can be changed on the fly.
2) U816 has a "flip now" button, does auto flip only to the left.
3) Walkera LB v2 with devo 4 controller has to be placed in the mode you want when binding, regular fly or flip mode (seems like a pain), from my understanding? Auto flip? manual flip? From video and doc. it looks like it can do a roll from lower height then up and back around?
4) V939 has same 100% rates auto flips as V929 but also a "flip now" button on top right of tx, which somebody described as a barrel roll (is this just a left side flip like U816)?
5) Others mjx, sh6043, mini pet, syma x1, Ladybird V1? let us know.

I'd like to find a micro that does only manual flips, may be harder to learn. The roll type flip of the LB2 sounds interesting but it is what I've heard, not confirmed.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Last edited by jpconard; Sep 08, 2012 at 09:59 AM.