HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:19 AM
a.k.a. BiggTony
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Jul 2010
297 Posts
If I was a seller of the syma x1.....I wouldn't tell anyone if it binds to the 9x or not. Well maybe I would if it did....,but I'd ignore requests to confirm if it didn't. Especially as vocal about not buying an item if it doesn't bind to the 9x as some have stated. Just saying.

Anyway, I'm not sure if binding the syma x1 to the v929/939 tx is a confirmation to the compatibility of the 9x. If I've read correctly in the past, someone once stated that the 9x binds to the v929/v911 but not the t-rex 100 but the v929/v911 tx binds to the t-rex 100......or something like that. Nevertheless, doesn't matter to me at the moment. Don't own a 9x for now and will get the syma quad regardless......once I get past the appearance of the PCB and those huge capacitors. I have a feeling they'll update that board so I'll wait a little bit. Cause that board screams beta.
dedmonwakin is offline Find More Posts by dedmonwakin
Last edited by dedmonwakin; Sep 05, 2012 at 11:31 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:22 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgchris View Post
A quiet wish?
must have be a "loud wish" and somebody else heard it
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:43 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,623 Posts
Good point about the vendor confirming compatibility and their conflicted interest.

However, the facts does allow some of us decide between the v929 and Syma X1 should we be on the fence. Either way, a sale.

The facts will come out eventually. Bonus points if Banggood is the one to help confirm those facts.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:19 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
Were these manual or auto flips?
I'm assuming manual since there is no delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:09 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
I wonder how the rumor of the Syma X1 possibly binding to the FlySky started?
I read it on one of these threads that was comparing all of the mini quads and I've been trying to get confirmation about it ever since.

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:14 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedmonwakin View Post
If I've read correctly in the past, someone once stated that the 9x binds to the v929/v911 but not the t-rex 100 but the v929/v911 tx binds to the t-rex 100......or something like that.
i wouldnt put too much stock in that hearsay because a significant percentage of v911 heli owners insist theirs dont bind to a v911 tx. then somebody tells them how to do it. and guess what....

from recent observations ive concluded 90% of the radios out there are either dsm or 9x protocol. maybe half-and-half atm but looks to be moving in favor of flysky. i bought my 1st v911 only to get the radio and have spent a fortune on wlt helis, quads, and parts since. a dozen of the radios from tmart alone. imo you can never own enough flysky radios. lol!

flysky compatibility is a prerequisite for me now.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Sep 05, 2012, 05:51 PM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgchris View Post

Most of you might want at least an ARF version. Here is the model N° 328 from CMCJU hardly palm size tiny quadcopter.
Here is another "new" one, that's actually dated back to 2009:

Quote:
MCU:
Silabs 8051F411 Mixed Signal Microcontroller

Transceiver:
Cypress CY7936 2.4GHz DSSS Transceiver

Power management:
Atmel Attiny13a,

IMU:

InvenSense IDG-500 Dual -Axis Gyro
InvenSense ISZ-500 Single-Axis Gyro
Analog Devices ADXL330 Acc

Motor:
Coreless 6mm brushed motor (X-Twin)

Logic Level N-Channel MOSFETs

Lithium Polymer,230mAh
Total weight: 14,78 g
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Last edited by rcgchris; Sep 05, 2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 05:57 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
I cannot tell as there is a "delay" (period of time) between each flip.
With a manual flip, one can flip 2 rotations without a delay between the 2 rotations, or switch the direction of rotation in the middle of a flip, etc.

The video shows no "delay" during the rotation within a flip, but that is typically true with quads: being fixed pitch, they cannot stay inverted without starting to lose altitude.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Last edited by flying-llama; Sep 05, 2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:02 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
from recent observations ive concluded 90% of the radios out there are either dsm or 9x protocol.....
This may depend on the radios that you have seen.
As far as I know, the stock Walkera heli's (a large fraction of all the micro helis, especially CP micros, that I know about) are neither dsm2 nor 9x.
Walkera even has 2 protocols, wk2801 and Devo, which are incompatable with each other (Walkera makes/made separate Tx's and Rx's for both).
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:18 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
i was including planes, boats, and cars in that. as far as copters of the few dozen owners ive seen most are full size split pretty even spektrum/turnigy. of the remaining "toy" heli and quad copters 3 out of 4 are wlt now and the rest a mix of walkera and hodge podge. this is quite different from couple months back where walkera was larger percentage. hence my current guestimate. at least in my geographic area (ny/ma).

im quite familiar with the old 24l01 protocols. i was attempting a diy version before giving up and switching to the rfm22b that had about 10x the range.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:31 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,806 Posts
Added this video to my notes on Jameschen072's review of the MJX X100 here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1720803

Apologies for the camera work. Next time I need to either keep it closer (but then you can't see wide turns) or get someone else to hold the camera. 'Hatcam' video was worse, so I binned that.

Edit: Oops, there's a glitch in it that isn't in the source footage. I'll have to re-output it with a different codec.

MJX X100 2.4G 6-axis 4CH Quadcopter Outdoor Flight and Wind Test (2 min 54 sec)
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Last edited by Brandigan; Sep 06, 2012 at 08:06 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:38 PM
Quads Helis Planes Cars
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Aug 2009
421 Posts
I got my MJX 100 and it flies great. Just as good as my Ladybird V1. Even easier to fly in normal mode than the Ladybird. In pro mode, look out, it's very reactive.

The controller is the best small cheap controller I've ever used. I'm very glad I got it and the lites are a nice touch.

This one I keep at work.
Nerm is offline Find More Posts by Nerm
Old Sep 06, 2012, 04:20 PM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
343 Posts
Today I test flew my brand new V939, its very nervous, totally different in behavior compared to the X100. Even hovering at a spot is difficult. I think the acceloremeters make a very big difference on these micro sized quads, or the software (flight computer) is not even close as good compared to the X100.

When hovering its going around in small circles (looks like toilet bowl effect on a helicopter)

But its still fun to fly, because its a challenge to fly controlled compared to the Stable X100.

In my opinion newbies should definitely chose the X100, as first micro sized quad.
Stenkryparen is online now Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:39 AM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post

I can not understand so well,since the language barrier
but easy to do the flips,just need to press the button once on the right corner on the top of the TX,then push the rudder(any direction),the quad will do the flips loads of fun to do the flips one by one,and you can also choose the direction to flip.
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:06 AM
Joined Sep 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxfly View Post
Yes, you can buy it from Amazon now
WOW, they have the other 2 models now.
Which one I should get next? I bet my kid will love the Bumblebee!!
zxfly is offline Find More Posts by zxfly