SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 04, 2012, 08:32 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
I feel that manufacturers grossly underestimate range in most rtf aircraft, probably for safety reasons.
Also, the effective range probably gets reduced a lot when there is a lot of other Tx's or other 2.4GHz sources nearby (wireless modems, etc.): I have heard of lost signals and lockouts (on expensive aircraft) at some large RC aircraft get togethers.
And at low altitudes, reflective metal or absorbtive material (like trees) probably takes its toll on the signal.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2012, 08:58 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxfly View Post
Got mine today from Amazon
Did the flip just like in the video. So easy and so much fun. Worth the money!
I have one on the way as well, it was already shipped today so it should be here soon Can't wait to try it
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:06 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
All those videos are very nice, but poor Beetle with stock TX @60% is totally different beast

Rotation rate is very low, i think it's even slower than your mqx because it doesn't have autoflip, so you have full 100% rates.
..:
I saw a way to get higher rates with the stock Tx without invoking auto-flip:
in some thread (one of the v929 threads?), somebody (Bradigan?) set the stock Tx to full 100% rates but then put some physical stops on the aileron and elevator stick so that full deflection could not be reached. Then you can use almost full deflection at the 100% setting without accidentally invoking autoflip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
I need to gain even more alti, basing on a height of my house i would say it's minimum 30m/100ft.
..:
I agree, at lower rates, even higher altitudes are needed.
One good thing about a flip is that while inverted, throttle should be low (but not so low as to stop all motors, which can happen with an mQx).
Also, flying over grass or even dirt is much better than concrete, roads or roofs.
Both of these help limit damage when a crash occurs (I now speak with some first experience on the topic ).
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:35 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
ive done a range test on v929 and it came out over 350 meters or 1000 feet. beyond that i could not see my buddy signaling anymore let alone see a model. that was in a metro area too. i suspect under better conditions we are talking miles. iirc range calculator said 40km with 0db output of the a7105. not likely in the real world. using a turnigy (same protocol but 20db) i got a few miles.
Wow. So with the turnigy tx the safe distance notwithstanding anything jamming or absorbing your signal is basically farther than practically possible. That's pretty sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
That is what puts this quad miles above others in my opinion, the ability to use a real tx makes it hobby grade in my opinion. As Dave said the range for this is only limited by your eyes. Even flying fpv, with the systems that would fit on this quad and still be flyable you would likely be limited by vtx range and not the radio. I feel that manufacturers grossly underestimate range in most rtf aircraft, probably for safety reasons.
Makes sense... if someone exceeds the low recommended range then it's not their fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
Also, the effective range probably gets reduced a lot when there is a lot of other Tx's or other 2.4GHz sources nearby (wireless modems, etc.): I have heard of lost signals and lockouts (on expensive aircraft) at some large RC aircraft get togethers.
And at low altitudes, reflective metal or absorbtive material (like trees) probably takes its toll on the signal.
I forgot about this until I read your post... I was flying out back about a month ago and had my V929 drop from the sky near some trees not very far away. I would estimate it's about 30-40m. I'm not 100% sure it was the signal as I've never repeated it. I was lucky that it landed just at the edge of an area that is covered in very dense vines - some of which are poison ivy.

Thanks for the replies!!
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
Old Sep 05, 2012, 02:29 AM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
904 Posts
Shoot a video yesterday,.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Uqu31FXyi7o
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 05, 2012, 02:37 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
381 Posts
Aaron, any news on whether this is 9x compatible? Someone mentioned a while ago that the Syma X1 would be compatible with the 9x. If it is they will make a ton of sales!
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:17 AM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
Aaron, any news on whether this is 9x compatible? Someone mentioned a while ago that the Syma X1 would be compatible with the 9x. If it is they will make a ton of sales!
sorry,I do not have the 9x,hope it can bind with the 9x
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:45 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,618 Posts
Aaron, the FlySky TH9x you guys sell is the same thing as the 9x. So test with that if you have one.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Sep 05, 2012, 04:54 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
sorry,I do not have the 9x,hope it can bind with the 9x
You can try flying with a v911/v929 TX. I this works, then we can use a 9x too
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:23 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,618 Posts
Smart call there Mystman.

Aaron, try binding to your v911 or v929 transmitter. If it binds, then Syma can be control by using any FlySky compatible radio.

If this is true, it will sell more Syma X1. Even if the RX looks ugly.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:48 AM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
If that is true I am getting one
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:54 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,975 Posts
Does ANY of the other Syma helis bind to a 9X?? If not, WHY would this ??

Sorry to spoil the party, but to me that seem HIGHLY unlikely ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:13 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
erdnuckel is right. none of the other syma are compatible and i doubt the new quad is. v939/v929/9x use a7105 rf chip and the others dont.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:03 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,618 Posts
I wonder how the rumor of the Syma X1 possibly binding to the FlySky started?
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:14 AM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
A quiet wish?
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris