Old Sep 01, 2012, 05:23 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Better then ladybird from walkera?

On what did you compare it?
personally trying the ladybird V2 and the UDI 816, including the reviews that are already available on the V939 seeing the vid of the yet to be released NE Alien and ...

... and always looking at the overall BIG PICTURE (ie built quality, compatibilty, price, ... and especially how I like the tx if I cant get one that flies with spektrum or T9)

The ladybird V1 MAY be a bit better than the MJX (I dont know, that is one I dont have) but it costs basically double the price for the cheapest BNF I could find ...

So looking at the most wide range of factors I can include, I dare to make the statement that the MJX X100 is the BEST micro quad around ...

erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2012, 05:43 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
personally trying the ladybird V2 and the UDI 816, including the reviews that are already available on the V939 seeing the vid of the yet to be released NE Alien and ...

... and always looking at the overall BIG PICTURE (ie built quality, compatibilty, price, ... and especially how I like the tx if I cant get one that flies with spektrum or T9)

The ladybird V1 MAY be a bit better than the MJX (I dont know, that is one I dont have) but it costs basically double the price for the cheapest BNF I could find ...

So looking at the most wide range of factors I can include, I dare to make the statement that the MJX X100 is the BEST micro quad around ...

Reviews and video count little as comparison ...

Udi 816 is reported to be very bad

Since you have not the sh6043 and ladibird v1 ... maybe stating that it is the besf it is a bit too much

Tchuss

E_lm_70
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Sep 01, 2012, 05:51 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
I agree that overcharing is bad for the lipo, but what if your volt meter is off by 0.05v and your 'healthy' charger is actually undercharging? Cheap volt meter vs cheap charger . . . either could be off a bit. ...
True, but slightly undercharging will mean a slightly lower run time,
whereas slightly overcharging tends to translate to a shorter battery life (perhaps just puff like a balloon, and not explode, burn or anything spectacular, but still a shorter battery life).

That said, I am finding that even my non-cheapie charger tends to charge the small batteries to a higher end voltage than my larger batteries.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Sep 01, 2012, 05:57 PM
Joined Mar 2009
10,063 Posts
Quote:
Reviews and video count little as comparison ...

Udi 816 is reported to be very bad

Since you have not the sh6043 and ladibird v1 ... maybe stating that it is the besf it is a bit too much

Tchuss

E_lm_70
Ok,
1. you say "reviews and video count little as comparison" - and then in the same sentence you say " Udi816 is reported to be very bad" ... classical contradicting your own statement
2. reviews count nothing for comparison for you maybe ... jameschen072 however has a fantastic rep as reviewer and with most of his review supported my statement ... even before I made it
3. I am talking about the BIG PICTURE (which includes a LOT of different factors) - and you obviously deliberately overlook that little, but VERY important part of my statement
4. yes, I dont have the SH6043 but I just need to look at the TX and can tell you this alone makes it loose any chance of OVERALL best micro quad (to me anyway) plus, I have barely seen any place that offers spare parts for it ... another factor that plays into how I define OVERALL best ...

( 5. - warum schreibst du Tchuss?? ...)

... und Tschüss!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 01, 2012, 05:59 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
True, but slightly undercharging will mean a slightly lower run time,
whereas slightly overcharging tends to translate to a shorter battery life (perhaps just puff like a balloon, and not explode, burn or anything spectacular, but still a shorter battery life).

That said, I am finding that even my non-cheapie charger tends to charge the small batteries to a higher end voltage than my larger batteries.
I remember in the advent of lipo in rc, many years ago ... somebody did a over 200 cycle test for some lipo ..it did measure how much extra mAh can be win with over charge, and how much mAh was degrading with cycles ... if I recall right 4.25 was not much of problem ... for puff a battery normally you need over 4.3v or high charge rate .. or high temperatures ...

Most of my lipo chargers tent to underchage ... only one charge up to 4.25, and this is what I use for get most of capacity and power ... and never got a problem
Old Sep 01, 2012, 06:12 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,074 Posts
Quote:
Ok,
1. you say "reviews and video count little as comparison" - and then in the same sentence you say " Udi816 is reported to be very bad" ... classical contradicting your own statement
2. reviews count nothing for comparison for you maybe ... jameschen072 however has a fantastic rep as reviewer and with most of his review supported my statement ... even before I made it
3. I am talking about the BIG PICTURE (which includes a LOT of different factors) - and you obviously deliberately overlook that little, but VERY important part of my statement
4. yes, I dont have the SH6043 but I just need to look at the TX and can tell you this alone makes it loose any chance of OVERALL best micro quad (to me anyway) plus, I have barely seen any place that offers spare parts for it ... another factor that plays into how I define OVERALL best ...

... und Tschüss!!!
I'm not saying reviews are useless ... just that compare what you have in your hand with what you see in video or review ... is a trick/fake comparison

Since I read multiple people complaining about ubi 816 ... I get the feeling you may over rate the mjx

About tx, spare, quality ... all count as side note

Quality is measured not looking, but using and abusing, and verify if is still working fine
What is wrong with sh6043 tx? For me the small size is a big advantage ... range is good ... accuracy is decent, and adequate for a stable autolevel quad

My sh6043 got abused and crashed hard multiple times ... all I had to do was slide back few time one or two motors that change position in the plastic holder after a big crash ... so even if my looking the sh6043 look poor quality, in reality is very resilient

Tchuss

E_lm_70

Ps: if I may miss some letter in my tchuss, is bcause of my bad burgenland accent ...
Old Sep 01, 2012, 06:32 PM
New Zealand, Auckland, Waiau Pa
Joined Dec 2006
667 Posts
Hey guys do you think the natural progression of these little quads will be one with straight angled props (if you know what i mean) and the ability to invert and the motors swap direction and fly inverted??
doonunder is offline Find More Posts by doonunder
Old Sep 01, 2012, 06:34 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doonunder View Post
hey guys do you think the natural progression of these little quads will be one with straight angled props (if you know what i mean) and the ability to invert and the motors swap direction and fly inverted??
no :d
Old Sep 01, 2012, 06:39 PM
New Zealand, Auckland, Waiau Pa
Joined Dec 2006
667 Posts
Quote:
no :d
Thanks
doonunder is offline Find More Posts by doonunder
Old Sep 01, 2012, 06:45 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,074 Posts
Quote:
Hey guys do you think the natural progression of these little quads will be one with straight angled props (if you know what i mean) and the ability to invert and the motors swap direction and fly inverted??
Fly inverted on a aeroplane is something

Fly inverted on a helicopter is a bit wierd

Flyinverted on a quad is a bit a no sense

Anyhow, why change prop angles ... much more easy to invert motors rotation
Old Sep 01, 2012, 06:54 PM
Joined Mar 2009
10,063 Posts
Quote:
I'm not saying reviews are useless ... just that compare what you have in your hand with what you see in video or review ... is a trick/fake comparison
And I did not say you said reviews are useless ... I said you contradict your own statement if you base your opinion on the UDI on what other people wrote instead of what YOU experienced ... that is a little difference with a lot of meaning. I however can say those guys are right, because I tried myself ...

Since I read multiple people complaining about ubi 816 ... I get the feeling you may over rate the mjx

About tx, spare, quality ... all count as side note
Ah, I get it, so if you break a part in a bad crash and your only possibilty to replace it is to buy a new quad, that counts as a sidenote ... interesting to say the least ...

Quality is measured not looking, but using and abusing, and verify if is still working fine
I totally agree - and the MJX does just that! (you might want to take a look in jameschen072´s review who put over 100flights on an MJX without needing to exchange a part ... Personally, my first 4 flights consisted of nothing but consistent crashing into walls and banging the qud into furniture, steel trash cans and the floor ... I would say I had probably 50 crashs (at least 20 really bad ones) in my first 5 or so flights ... NOTHING broke!!! I only broke a prop and part of a motor holder once I started trying to do flips/rolls ... because practically EVERY attempt ended in a crash for several batteries ...

What is wrong with sh6043 tx? For me the small size is a big advantage ... range is good ... accuracy is decent, and adequate for a stable autolevel quad
I hope you are not serious in asking what is wrong with the TX ... This type of TX is adequate for 6year olds, but not for grown-ups. It is way too small, usually has a VERY questionable resolution and most of them are so bad in controlling whatever they are supposed to control that you cant do much except hover ... this whole game pad tx stuff is just an insult to me ... but obviously there are people who have less problems with it than I do ... so good for you

My sh6043 got abused and crashed hard multiple times ... all I had to do was slide back few time one or two motors that change position in the plastic holder after a big crash ... so even if my looking the sh6043 look poor quality, in reality is very resilient
see what I wrote 2 paragraphs back ...

Tchuss

E_lm_70

Ps: if I may miss some letter in my tchuss, is bcause of my bad burgenland accent ...
I say that the MJX is the OVERALL best microquad, because it is only 42$ shipped, almost unbreakable, seems to me to have the best firmware of the ones I DID try myself and its tx is not some kind of game pad insult but actually does what you claim the SH6043 TX does for you (out of all the kiddy crap TX I got over the last year and a half, this one is lightyears ahead of the rest in every aspect ...)

I truly wish Chris (bobepine) had tested the MJX, as he HAD (or maybe still has) the SH6043 and would be able to give a "hands on" comparison ... and he also has a fantastic rep as a reviewer ... like jameschen does ...
So hopefully he sees it and gives us his take on the issue ...

RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 01, 2012, 07:03 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
There are people working on a gas quad that can change pitch but I believe the idea is that it is the only effective way to use a gas engine on a quad and the possibility exists for very long run time that way. The software would likely need to be written from scratch for this use as well, but you could probably start with the Arducopter code for this. You're also introducing many more points of failure with 4 servos and the pitch slider mechanisms. I imagine that 3D could be performed with this, but you wouldn't be talking about a price anywhere near what these quads cost. In short, I don't think that this is something a manufacturer will produce anytime soon, but if you're up for a challenge I am sure it can be done. Would be interesting seeing heli 3D maneuvers being performed by a quad.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Sep 01, 2012, 07:05 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,803 Posts
Quote:

... und Tschüss!!!
The best I can easily do from my keyboard is "Tschuess"
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Sep 01, 2012, 07:08 PM
Joined Mar 2009
10,063 Posts
so how about using props on top and props on bottom then - the top ones spin the opposite way to the bottom ones ... and you use a switch and whenever you are (going) inverted, that switch is flipped and the top props stop while the bottom ones start ...

(even though this is technically not really a quad and you are technically NOT flying inverted ...)
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 01, 2012, 07:25 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,074 Posts
Quote:
I say that the MJX is the OVERALL best microquad, because it is only 42$ shipped, almost unbreakable, seems to me to have the best firmware of the ones I DID try myself and its tx is not some kind of game pad insult but actually does what you claim the SH6043 TX does for you (out of all the kiddy crap TX I got over the last year and a half, this one is lightyears ahead of the rest in every aspect ...)

I truly wish Chris (bobepine) had tested the MJX, as he HAD (or maybe still has) the SH6043 and would be able to give a "hands on" comparison ... and he also has a fantastic rep as a reviewer ... like jameschen does ...
So hopefully he sees it and gives us his take on the issue ...

The opinion of Chris, for me count less then nothing ... don't let me write why ...

Size of tx is a none sense

I love the Nine Eagle Solo Pro v2 tx ... very accurate and still small
Small size it means I can take with me to flight when I'm going in some biznes tripp

The sh6043 flight so precise, that even a digital simple tx will still make it funny to fly
All required precise input is the throttle
All the other 3 control can be on/off ... or better 1/0/-1

I did not crash 50 times out of 100 flight with my sh6043 ... either I'm a better pilot or my micro is more easy to fly .. but I have many flight ... and some crashes because I was doing thing too wild ... some very big crashes ... for instance from 5m high a power cut to zero, as emergency for block somebody operating my sh6043, that was not familiar at all with any rc, and she was after some beers ... so ...

Not broken anything ... nor a propeller ...

About spare parts ... did you notice all these micro have motors and propeller almost identical ... so ... I can fix in case of problem my sh6043 ... hobby rc/modelling means have some skills in these areas

Anyhow ... for you the mjx is the best ... fine ... still is a subjective opinion

For me ... I had low expectations for my cheap sh6043, but it turn out to flight very good ... and be very funny to be used

As well ... all are looking clones of the ledybird v1 ... these 4 motors and propeller are cheap and almost same in all microQuad ... control board with gyro&acc for handle 4 brushed motor is a trivial task, both hw and sw ... so I'm surprise if some microQuad don't fly as good as ladyBird v1 or my sh6043 or your mjx

Tchuss

E_lm_70