HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:16 AM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
I suppose that this from HobbyKing would work just fine then?
Thanks in advance,

Gerard.
Personally I'd prefer a somewhat more solid rod (as seen on the picture) that won't split that easy, but basically you could actually make repairs from the 3x3mm ones sold by hk
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:44 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
No, you've mistaken the U816 for the LB in my photos and description.
The U816 is the taller one and the LB is the shorter one, so are you saying the SH-6043 props have a taller hub like the U816, but are hard to remove like the LB/MJX?
Could you upload some photos?
Sorry ... yes ...

View from the top .. the SH6043 is looking like the LB

View from the side ... it is more the U816 ... but the hub is close on the top ... not a pass throw.

I took some photos for comparison (not so bad with low light and my shaking hands )

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: Unfortunately ... they don't sell any spare items .. so ... in case I will consume the 4 spare in the kit .. as well if one motor will get bad ... I will need to source some spares from different birds ... or .. maybe just buy a new kit for spare parts ...
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:33 PM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
Thanks for the reponse.

When you say functions perfectly does that include ability to flip?

regards . . . g
Not possible to do easy "automatic" flips by full AILE or ELEV, don't now why, also tried the "Camera " button.

But its nice to have the possibility to adjust the flight control's.

I'm in love with my X100, flew it outside today (4 batteries) and it performs at least as good as the much bigger V929.

Its incredible stable, even compared to the much bigger V929. Even applying full throttle after rapid descents is no problem, amazing.

No need to "set" gyros when bird is totally in level .

Only cons in my opinion may be some lack of throttle oummp, when gaining high from weary low altitudes. The bird behaves very strange when in touch with "ground contact", the flight control computer gets insane, but why fly the bird 5 centimeters above ground.
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Last edited by Stenkryparen; Aug 30, 2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:35 PM
Joined Feb 2007
538 Posts
I think the glue type makes some difference too. First I was using the purple stuff with a brush, it is pretty thin and will seep into areas that perhaps you don't want it to. Lately, I've been using Loctite ultra gel control with bottle squeeze grips on both sides. I really like that stuff as it will form globs, making CF repairs on my night vapor plane easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post
rexless,

perhaps some carbon fiber rods could be super glued along at least one side of a broken boom. I think the smaller quads have too short of booms to break the boom itself. The force of crashes seem to weaken at the motor mount to carbon boom first, then after that joint is glued tight the force is at the frame junction. My U816 frame shows no cracks yet, but a couple booms have a little more play at the frame. I'm not too worried about it, I'm sure I could find a way to tighten it up. Don't want to glue here as I plan to replace entire boom, rather than just the motor, the entire assembly is not too bad for price and seem to last pretty good. This thing has bounced off the house, dropped onto rocks, concrete, at speed from height, yet can fly perfectly level and precise in house. Not many helis can do that.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Aug 30, 2012, 02:35 PM
Get Airborne
Joined May 2012
340 Posts
I want to bye same spare battery contacts for the MJX X100 , do somebody now what they are named, and perhaps where to bye them?
Old Aug 30, 2012, 02:49 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Does this hybrid quad thingy qualify as a micro?

I'll bet some of you mad-mod-creative types could make one from a S026 and v929?

regards . . . g

Multicopter-Treffen Rheinbach 2010 - X-19 von HCopter (5 min 10 sec)
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Aug 30, 2012, 03:17 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
I think that's supposed to show up next week on banggood for $58.99 RTF.

I wonder what that little quad at the 27 second mark was?
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:34 PM
Registered Addict
Bodø, Norway
Joined Mar 2007
874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenkryparen View Post
I want to bye same spare battery contacts for the MJX X100 , do somebody now what they are named, and perhaps where to bye them?
"JST-DS walkera plugs" is my search term on eBay for those :P

Heres one who sells 10x male & female.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JST-DS-Walke...item27ca3c39c2
Stigern is offline Find More Posts by Stigern
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:20 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
i think if you trim the "wings" they are the same as parkzone/eflite 1.25mm connectors which are much easier to find locally. at least the ones on those super powerful 300mah nano cells from hk fit when i did that.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Aug 31, 2012, 02:27 PM
Get Airborne
Joined May 2012
340 Posts
Thanks Stigern and dave1993.

I also ordered the " super powerful 300mah nano cells from hk".
Old Aug 31, 2012, 04:16 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
View from the top .. the SH6043 is looking like the LB

View from the side ... it is more the U816 ... but the hub is close on the top ... not a pass throw.

I took some photos for comparison (not so bad with low light and my shaking hands )

ps: Unfortunately ... they don't sell any spare items .. so ... in case I will consume the 4 spare in the kit .. as well if one motor will get bad ... I will need to source some spares from different birds ... or .. maybe just buy a new kit for spare parts ...
OK, they are different again. I'd say if you need extra props get the Walkera LB ones because they have shorter hubs, so no problem with fouling on your SH 6043. They do not come off easily, and have better lift than the U816 ones, which yours might be close to in pitch/profile.

If your props' profile is better than the U816, then still get the LBs because that's also better, will fit and are $5.99 for three full sets with free P&P.

Best of all would be the larger MJX X100 props, but Banggood don't have any spares of those yet.

Looking at a video unboxing of a Mini-Pet, it looks basically like the X100 - with a different canopy - but with chrome (look?) motor mounts instead of plastic ones, but a cheaper looking Tx - although it has an LCD - with only two modes. So... I'm wondering if it also shares the same props as the X100...

What we need is someone who has a prop like one of the three I measured and another one, so we can have a proper comparison and fit it into the prop hierarchy
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Old Sep 01, 2012, 01:10 AM
Joined Sep 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedmonwakin View Post
I'm so getting the syma quad. I really hope that's not a tampered clip, cause that quad has some serious speed while flipping towards the end of the video.
Got mine today from Amazon
Did the flip just like in the video. So easy and so much fun. Worth the money!
zxfly is offline Find More Posts by zxfly
Old Sep 01, 2012, 02:04 AM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Look what this guy did:
Nano Copter (0 min 58 sec)
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Old Sep 01, 2012, 04:40 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgchris View Post
Look what this guy did:
http://youtu.be/W7UI3NSKCWo
Do you have any additional infos on that? It looks very interesting.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Sep 01, 2012, 06:10 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,178 Posts
The motors look huge and powerful!
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG