HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 29, 2012, 04:00 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
thanks guys. info like that saves having to buy one of every micro quad on the market.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 04:08 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
2,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
As a side info ... the sh 6043 from the photos and description, are looking almost identical to the LB
How almost identical? The U816 and LBs are very close, but I couldn't really tell with the naked eye.
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2012, 04:45 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
rexless's Avatar
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
thanks guys. info like that saves having to buy one of every micro quad on the market.
While I totally agree with this statement, I can't help but wish I could buy one of every helicopter on the market!
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2012, 04:50 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
yes, and end up in the poorhouse. but i guess thats what wives are for. (theres was some other use but i just cant...???? OH YEAH!!! )
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:21 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
gordonzo's Avatar
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenkryparen View Post
Gordonzo asked: " Have you tried flying the X100 with the F45 tx?" Yes i have functions perfectly. Hope somebody sell BNF later on.
Thanks for the reponse.

When you say functions perfectly does that include ability to flip?

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:57 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2007
534 Posts
In my opinion the LB parts are extremely tough and more than likely worth the extra money. I broke U816 blade in half, 3rd day, 1 motor went out 5th day. Put 4 LB booms/ motors /props on U816 frame with V929 receiver and have crashed so many times, hard on concrete- LB blades just bend right back. Did weaken all motor holders, one even had the screw fall out and magnetically stick to motor while in flight. Super glued motor holders to CF boom. Lower part of motor holder came off on 1, super glued it. Crashed so hard last night motor bottom popped part way out of can, thought it was done, no popped it back in and added some glue. This thing is as tough as nails. V911 would have had damage. Part of reason for all my crashes is I'be been trying different flip variations, one almost looked like a big loop. Figured I'd learn on this before getting V939.

Another plus is the rubber feet on LB booms, can land on slopes, like car tops, hoods, sticks right there.

Also none of the LB props have come off, ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
I guess this is the place to do this, so here is a comparison of the blades on my U816, my MJX X100 and official Walkera LB blades bought for the U816 because Banggood only had those in stock at the time.

You'll see from the photos that from above the U816 and the LB blades look fairly similar apart from the ends, where the LB blades are a tiny bit squarer, but you'd imagine not enough to make any difference. The MJX blades are obviously larger in every way.

Other differences are the LB blades are the bendiest, the U816 are fairly bendy and the MJX ones are fairly stiff. I actually snapped one today in a crash, so time to order some spares for it now, just in case.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2012, 06:19 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
rexless's Avatar
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,496 Posts
the only quad I've flown to date is the V929 and I have to say I have flown all 3 of them hard. That said, I've managed to bust all three enough that none are currently airworthy. The blades are pretty flimsy but I've only actually busted one. The rest I've carefully bent back into shape and in most cases they've flown reasonably well afterwards. The arms are a real weak point though. I've gone through more than a dozen of them and I'm starting to wonder if a crash is even necessary to cause them to lose their torsion resistance. This last heli to end up on the workbench has been flown fast and hard, but has had far less crashes as I'm getting a heck of a lot better at keeping it in the air. I've ordered another dozen arms but I'm going to see if I can find some way to treat them to regain the torsion strength.

Electronics - I've had no issues with it really. I've blown 2 motors. I've flown with the stock V911 tx, my DH 9116 tx and with the V939 tx and so far I think the DH 9116 is the smoothest, but I tend to pick up the V939tx most often. Not sure why though.

Overall this is a sweet little flyer. All I really care to do is find a fix for the arms and get a version with LED's. I've basically stopped flying my V911's lately as I just want to fly the quad.
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:30 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2007
534 Posts
rexless,

perhaps some carbon fiber rods could be super glued along at least one side of a broken boom. I think the smaller quads have too short of booms to break the boom itself. The force of crashes seem to weaken at the motor mount to carbon boom first, then after that joint is glued tight the force is at the frame junction. My U816 frame shows no cracks yet, but a couple booms have a little more play at the frame. I'm not too worried about it, I'm sure I could find a way to tighten it up. Don't want to glue here as I plan to replace entire boom, rather than just the motor, the entire assembly is not too bad for price and seem to last pretty good. This thing has bounced off the house, dropped onto rocks, concrete, at speed from height, yet can fly perfectly level and precise in house. Not many helis can do that.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:52 PM
...muy bien...
rcgchris's Avatar
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Why don't you guys put 1-2m square diameter cf rod on the shelf and cut whatever boom replacement is needed down from that?

My supply feels like endless that way
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:10 PM
Registered User
gwrivest's Avatar
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
378 Posts
What size cf rod do you buy, and from where?
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:15 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
rexless's Avatar
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post
rexless,

perhaps some carbon fiber rods could be super glued along at least one side of a broken boom. I think the smaller quads have too short of booms to break the boom itself. The force of crashes seem to weaken at the motor mount to carbon boom first, then after that joint is glued tight the force is at the frame junction. My U816 frame shows no cracks yet, but a couple booms have a little more play at the frame. I'm not too worried about it, I'm sure I could find a way to tighten it up. Don't want to glue here as I plan to replace entire boom, rather than just the motor, the entire assembly is not too bad for price and seem to last pretty good. This thing has bounced off the house, dropped onto rocks, concrete, at speed from height, yet can fly perfectly level and precise in house. Not many helis can do that.
I'm back from camping today so I will try to do a repair / modification to the cf arms sometime over the next week. I was thinking of forcing OE sort of stiff glue down the arm and coating it like you suggested. So far the frame is solid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgchris View Post
Why don't you guys put 1-2m square diameter cf rod on the shelf and cut whatever boom replacement is needed down from that?

My supply feels like endless that way
Where does one acquire such materials at a good price?
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:20 AM
...muy bien...
rcgchris's Avatar
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
What size cf rod do you buy, and from where?
since originals are like 2,95mm I search 3mm either massive with a plastic strow cover for the wires or with a hole to lead wires through.

Canada? Don't know. Germany got some online RC shops like voelkner and smaller ones as well.

With a quick search I just found 10mm, but if you spend more time to find 3mm...


10mm Carbon Fiber Square Tube

I wouldn't recommend to buy tube or round rods and flaten the end. It's probably not that easy to handle, even though it can be done.
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:29 AM
Registered User
gwrivest's Avatar
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
378 Posts
I suppose that this from HobbyKing would work just fine then?
Thanks in advance,

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:27 AM
Registered User
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
How almost identical? The U816 and LBs are very close, but I couldn't really tell with the naked eye.
It is not really 1:1 equal to the LB, but compared to the 3 type of propeller, the LB are the one more close to ... only difference that I did spot is the mark in the center that means there is a different machine/stamp that produce these two propeller

Both LB and SH6043 have a "long" hole mount ... so the central part is taller then the other two propeller.

Also the SH6043 are very hard to remove and also very difficult to damage in a crash ... more or less like the LB one.

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 03:41 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
2,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
It is not really 1:1 equal to the LB, but compared to the 3 type of propeller, the LB are the one more close to ... only difference that I did spot is the mark in the center that means there is a different machine/stamp that produce these two propeller

Both LB and SH6043 have a "long" hole mount ... so the central part is taller then the other two propeller.

Also the SH6043 are very hard to remove and also very difficult to damage in a crash ... more or less like the LB one.

Tchuss _ \
_________??
e_lm_70_/
No, you've mistaken the U816 for the LB in my photos and description.
The U816 is the taller one and the LB is the shorter one, so are you saying the SH-6043 props have a taller hub like the U816, but are hard to remove like the LB/MJX?
Could you upload some photos?
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suggestion Personal attack Rule as it applies to Trader Talk Thread Titles porcia83 Site Suggestions / Complaints 3 Jul 27, 2012 11:58 AM
For Sale Quadcopter Parts Sale Thread mfkubak Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 10 Jul 26, 2012 02:33 PM
Discussion Why are there so many heli threads in the Airplane Micro RTF forum? Bowerz Site Chat 38 Dec 15, 2009 06:43 PM
Wattage RTF Micro Flyer (thread #2) Skyshark Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 233 Sep 17, 2009 02:22 PM
Wattage RTF Micro Flyer (thread #1) Bleriot Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 384 Dec 15, 2004 02:28 PM