HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:35 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
I like all the not made in China justifications when all, say HH, is doing is getting things made, manufactured, and packaged in china then acting as a middle man jacking up prices before distributing.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:53 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
in their defense hh customer service beats anything from the evil empire. not enough for me to actually buy anything here though. im definitley a china fanboy.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:01 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
true that. specially about the v911/v929 combo. highly recommended for anybody starting out as a good way to learn the ropes w/o ending up in the poor house. its sad the money ive seen wasted because beginners listen to bad advice. they tend to follow people they have romantic attachment to rather than those who tell the truth.
That is the perfect beginner combo IMHO! Later on after they get the hang of it, they could add a 9958 for outside if they wished, I like my v911 outside too but the 9958 is good for learning a different skill set and also very fun and inexpensive!
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:02 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,441 Posts
No defense. Just a pro for HH products.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:34 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
I'm sooo torn as to the first quad path to take.

The new BG V3 929 is coming next month.
Pic of it looks good.

The use of my Spektrum TXs on a hybrid is very inviting.
Does that unit really perform a fair amount better than a 929?

Is it real easy to do lighting on a hybrid?
I have a mini bright lights kit here I can use.

Thanks for help/suggestions/recommendations guys.
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:38 PM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
caveat:
to me it felt as if it may be possible this thing will do multiple flips without gap, but according to MJX and the vendors, it is not!
I STILL like it best of the ones I currently have (micros I mean)
Have just unboxed my new MJX X100, flew 4 minutes before starting battery loading. It seems just wonderful (so tiny) and incredible stable.
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:40 PM
Registered Addict
Bodø, Norway
Joined Mar 2007
874 Posts
Got my Mini Pet Quad today, oh how fun it is :P

Not much sound from the props, but that high pitch tone sound is kind of strange, might it be the motor driver?
Stigern is offline Find More Posts by Stigern
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:48 PM
Get Airborne
Joined May 2012
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigern View Post
Got my Mini Pet Quad today, oh how fun it is :P

Not much sound from the props, but that high pitch tone sound is kind of strange, might it be the motor driver?
Also the MJX X100 have a high frequency noise (compared to a V929), but i think its from the tiny props.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:58 PM
Registered Addict
Bodø, Norway
Joined Mar 2007
874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenkryparen View Post
Also the MJX X100 have a high frequency noise (compared to a V929), but i think its from the tiny props.
Tried a few flips inside today, 3 tries failed. Seems like the mini pet needs more space than a v929 for doing flips, which is quite weird because of it's size :P My 929 does flips indoors without problems.
Stigern is offline Find More Posts by Stigern
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 28, 2012, 03:15 PM
Get Airborne
Joined May 2012
339 Posts
Quote:
Tried a few flips inside today, 3 tries failed. Seems like the mini pet needs more space than a v929 for doing flips, which is quite weird because of it's size :P My 929 does flips indoors without problems.
I think my battery now is fully charged, and its time for the "maiden flight" in the garage (its now dark in Sweden). Don't think I dare to try flips in my small garage, it will be tested outside in daylight tomorrow.

I like the MJX transmitter, better feeling in the sticks movement compared to the VL-toys transmitters. And cheap on battery, only 3 AA cells.

First flight lasted 8 min 10 seconds hovering in the middle of the garage.

Battery power disappeared almost immediately, no time to chose a god landing spot, watch out. My V929 dies more slowly and becomes unstable before battery time ends.

The lovely X100 bird is even more stable (no wind) at hovering than the V929. After take off and a few clicks on the trims the bird stayed in the middle of my small garage for minutes, without need for stick input. And it seems very easy (predictable) to maneuver in small areas.

Bird on scale showed 37.1 gram ready to fly (V929 78gram).

So far i love the bird!

One more flight, have to try the flips, then bed time for me.

Its quite amazing that its possible to manufacture these fantastic flying things for so little money.

Then second flight:

Tried to push the flip button, no flip. Realized later that the transmitter must be in "PRO" mode, not "NORM".

Transmitter delivered with the MJX F-45 heli, functions very nice, digital panel and more possibilities for adjustments.

LED search lights and the red/blue blinking front LEDs is nice when its dark outside, helps to understand whats front and back when flying.

Now i need a bunch of batteries for further flying experiences, already ordered from HobbyKing. But don't sure if the have the same connection.
Last edited by Stenkryparen; Aug 28, 2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:12 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
in their defense hh customer service beats anything from the evil empire. not enough for me to actually buy anything here though. im definitley a china fanboy.
Oh I totally agree and it is nothing against HH I love their products and the local support and distribution makes up most of the price difference, just saying their products are no less made in china than any other.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:51 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Should not be surprising if you think about it. The larger and slower spinning props of the v929 can generate larger acceleration (from hover), combined with longer boom, makes for larger torque about center of gravity.

I would guess the faster and smaller props of a smaller craft would provide more precise control (finer granularity), but probably need more room to manuever than a larger craft, as counter-intuitive as it seems.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:40 PM
a.k.a. BiggTony
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Jul 2010
297 Posts
Looks like the Call of Duty franchise is trying to entice game sales with quads of their own......but knowing them, the whole "special edition" package will be outrageously priced. http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...ions-revealed/

I am curious how it may fly though, lol
dedmonwakin is offline Find More Posts by dedmonwakin
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:02 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenkryparen View Post
I think my battery now is fully charged, and its time for the "maiden flight" in the garage (its now dark in Sweden). Don't think I dare to try flips in my small garage, it will be tested outside in daylight tomorrow.

I like the MJX transmitter, better feeling in the sticks movement compared to the VL-toys transmitters. And cheap on battery, only 3 AA cells.

First flight lasted 8 min 10 seconds hovering in the middle of the garage.

Battery power disappeared almost immediately, no time to chose a god landing spot, watch out. My V929 dies more slowly and becomes unstable before battery time ends.

The lovely X100 bird is even more stable (no wind) at hovering than the V929. After take off and a few clicks on the trims the bird stayed in the middle of my small garage for minutes, without need for stick input. And it seems very easy (predictable) to maneuver in small areas.

Bird on scale showed 37.1 gram ready to fly (V929 78gram).

So far i love the bird!

One more flight, have to try the flips, then bed time for me.

Its quite amazing that its possible to manufacture these fantastic flying things for so little money.

Then second flight:

Tried to push the flip button, no flip. Realized later that the transmitter must be in "PRO" mode, not "NORM".

Transmitter delivered with the MJX F-45 heli, functions very nice, digital panel and more possibilities for adjustments.

LED search lights and the red/blue blinking front LEDs is nice when its dark outside, helps to understand whats front and back when flying.

Now i need a bunch of batteries for further flying experiences, already ordered from HobbyKing. But don't sure if the have the same connection.
Have you tried flying the X100 with the F45 tx?

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:27 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
Did a little review of the MJX X100 if anyone's interested mjx x100 review
jameschen072 is online now Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member