HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:22 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
9 of the last ten posts did not explicitly contain flying experiences, and half of them were agreeing that this thread should only contain posts that contain flying experiences. So which is it? Are we allowed off topic or not (this is a trick question I guess because any response would be off topic )?

For the record our posts may help someone trying to learn about quads, none of the 9 posts that i mentioned add to the collective knowledge at all.

The drift pun was hilarious though
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:25 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
For the record our posts may help someone trying to learn about quads, none of the 9 posts that i mentioned add to the collective knowledge at all.
If that was a pun, it would be off-topic as this is a thread for quads.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:45 PM
Take flight
Joined Aug 2004
2,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudandretti View Post
Maybe I should, since I have all the ones that are out. I just think its silly when people start to complain about keeping on subject. They Must not read a lot of other threads. I just don't review cause everybody's flying habits are different. I can fly these perfectly with the standard trans that come with these and others can't. Needless to say, If I said anything about the gyro's, I would be shot.) Never a stupid question just stupid answers. I am sorry, really, no more bull from me. Hope this thread gets back on topic. Bud
FyreSG has written an excellent review on the V929 and I read that thread really often... I don't think that comment asking him to buy all of the quads to get us back on topic was very necessary (my opinion).
If you do own all of the micro quads on the market, I think that you should really voice your opinions about them... It's in fact one of the major things this thread lacks- someone who owns all of the quads and is willing to voice their comments on their flying characteristics.

Reviews are objective, sure, but people can look at the gathered experience of many users to come to their own conclusion... That is the intention of this thread.

You will not be shot if you talk about gyros...in fact, I think most readers here would welcome it! The quality of the gyros, the accelerometers and the programming largely dictates the flying characteristics of the quads... My comment towards Skitchen8 was a suggestion, that maybe the in depth technical talk deserves it's own thread. I've learned a lot from his posts (like there's no such thing as a 6 axis gyro ) and find some of the information very helpful.
No disrespect at all...I wrote the comment at 1 in the morning...so if the wording was offensive in any way...you have my apologies, Skitchen8! You're comments are more than welcome here.

p.s. I don't mind the thread being off topic, but it would be a shame if people lose interest due to the wave of technical information thrown at them.
remember, this thread is mostly aimed at people getting their first quad (or their first R/C model even)... many of the users here don't have a profound knowledge when it comes to electronics and some are new to the whole world of R/C... When I started out, the amount of knowledge I had to read up on was almost too overwhelming... I'm afraid that some of the readers here would experience that too and lose interest...
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jameschen072; Aug 23, 2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:50 PM
Addict.
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Lmao that was even better than the first one

There has been a resolution to two different debates I was having in different places on rcg, and the one person who kind of called me out has done it in a hilarious way. I had an asthma attack (for the first time in 5 years) at work earlier after already having a bad day and partially thanks to this forum I will end my plan to declare august 23rd national F this day
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:00 PM
Addict.
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
FyreSG has written an excellent review on the V929 and I read that thread really often... I don't think that comment asking him to buy all of the quads to get us back on topic was very necessary (my opinion).
If you do own all of the micro quads on the market, I think that you should really voice your opinions about them... It's in fact one of the major things this thread lacks- someone who owns all of the quads and is willing to voice their comments on their flying characteristics.

Reviews are objective, sure, but people can look at the gathered experience of many users to come to their own conclusion... That is the intention of this thread.

You will not be shot if you talk about gyros...in fact, I think most readers here would welcome it! The quality of the gyros, the accelerometers and the programming largely dictates the flying characteristics of the quads... My comment towards Skitchen8 was a suggestion, that maybe the in depth technical talk deserves it's own thread. I've learned a lot from his posts (like there's no such thing as a 6 axis gyro ) and find some of the information very helpful.
No disrespect at all...I wrote the comment at 1 in the morning...so if the wording was offensive in any way...you have my apologies, Skitchen8! You're comments are more than welcome here.
Absolutely not offensive, and I apologize if I made it seem as if I was offended. Without your review I may not have been one of the first people here to have a v929, and I am in love with my quad, I owe you big time

I will admit, that after reading some of my posts, I can really come across as a giant dck sometimes and I am going to do my best to reread my posts a few times before posting them. I won't stop disagreeing, and won't stop being wrong occasionally, but I am going to work to word those types of posts in a better way. I apologize if I have offended others, I absolutely love gaining knowledge and have found that being involved in a lively debate is a very good way to gain knowledge whether you are right or wrong. Thank you all for contributing to this forum, this hobby has been a lifelong dream of mine and I am incredibly happy that I can be a part of this community.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:01 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,625 Posts
Quote:
Maybe I should, since I have all the ones that are out. I just think its silly when people start to complain about keeping on subject. They Must not read a lot of other threads. I just don't review cause everybody's flying habits are different.
And just because everybodies flying habits are different, nobody would care if you said one hovers better (ie more stable) than another, is way faster ... more difficult to control, of a lesser buildquality ... or something??? Sorry to say that, but that is a pretty lame excuse for not trying to help others with iformation that might let them make a better, more "educated" purchase decision ... even if it would be un-asked
I can fly these perfectly with the standard trans that come with these and others can't. Well, gooooood for you!!! And because that is the case it is a reason to not tell others about the "specific Quirks" of these transmitters ??? - Sorry, I am one of the guys who are NOT as brilliant as you ... which is why I DO tell other people things like "if you cant deal with a crappy POS toy TX, DO STAY AWAY from the toy ???Needless to say, If I said anything about the gyro's, I would be shot.)
Anybody tried that already??? Never a stupid question just stupid answers. I am sorry, really, no more bull from me. Hope this thread gets back on topic. Bud
Hey Bud, I dont have all of the ones that are out, only the V929, Ladybird V2, HotenX, Udi816 and Scorpion Y6 (but that one doesnt really count, as its not a quad ...) and the MJX X100 in the mail and the V939 on order ...

... IŽd LOVE to learn some things from you that I havent put on my blog yet
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:33 PM
Joined Aug 2011
35 Posts
Back to the topic of the thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post
I think not all have 3 gyros+3 accelerometer, i.e. 6 axis.

6 axis -

Walkera Ladybird V1
UDI U816
Mini Pet
SH-6043

3 axis -

Walkera Ladybird V2
WLToys V929
my hybrid LB/U816/V929 board

unknown -

WLToys V939
3 axis :

Walkera Ladybird V2
WLToys V929
WLToys V939
Syma X1
Nine Eagles Alien

6 axis:

UDI U816
Mini Pet
SH-6043
MJX-X100

3 axis or 6 axis :

Walkera Ladybird V1

unknown:

Firefly
HuanQi 881 (3 axis?, no "function button" on the TX and the D/R is only a throttle max)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerm View Post
On page 1 it says rotor diam of the MJX X100 is 6 cm. which is smaller then the Ladybird
Is that correct because GLB has it at 14.5 cm.
Yes one blade is 6cm diameter on the MJX-X100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
It can be a Diameter if measured diagonally, as is usually the case with bigger quads. If you want to see what the largest blades you can fit to your quad, you also have the Top Diameter.

Although I'm seeing most sellers of these smaller quads showing a square drawn through the prop centres, as shown on this diagram.

Be handy if that was on JamesChen's 'list of comparison criteria for reviews' that he mentioned, so we can make proper comparisons.

To start the ball rolling - U816: Diameter = 12cm, Front width = 8.5cm
MJX-X100 : front width = 8.5cm, diameter = 12.2cm (it should be 12 but it is not a perfect sqare, side length is 8.6cm and rear width is 8.7cm )

Quote:
Tis' a problem indeed, unfortunately my only source of such measurements comes from the manufacturers... since I don't own each and every one of these micro quads... if any of you would like to provide updated, corrected measurements for any of the quadcopters mentioned in this thread, I would be more than happy to update it on page one.
I would add some other info, the MJX-X100 is the only one without LCD screen (you don't how are your trims...)
The Lipo for MJX-X100 and Mini Pet are exactly the same 1s, 300mAh, 15C, and I'm pretty sure they have the same main frame too...

Something else to help update the first post about available modes (I mean really available ones you have tested not what is written in the manual or a web site, because it can be really different )

Walkera QR Ladybird V2: mode 1 and mode 2
FireFly: mode 1 and mode 2? (it looks like a TX Nine Eagles)
SH-6043: mode 2 and mode 4 (throttle always on the left)
WLToys-V929/V939: mode 1 and mode 2
Syma X1: (mode 1 and mode 2) or (mode 2 and mode 4) have a look at the Syma website
Mini Pet: mode 2 and mode 4
UDI U816: only mode 2???
Nine Eagles Alien : mode 1 and mode 2 usual with Nine Eagles spares are listed too!
MJX X100 : mode 1, 2, 3, 4 (I already checked this on mine)
HuanQi 881 : mode 2 and mode 4 (checked too before to send it back, can't fly like this...)

It could be great if one can check for his quad and say ok or not...
___FP is offline Find More Posts by ___FP
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:51 AM
Kungshatt
Joined Mar 2008
200 Posts
Seems like I have to wait on the little v939 bird after all...
bofred is offline Find More Posts by bofred
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:08 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
6,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ___FP View Post
SH-6043: mode 2 and mode 4 (throttle always on the left)
How can you change mode ???

The display it is ready to show Mode 1-2-3-4 ... so all possible mode are there in theory

Anyhow ... it is not complicated to open the TX, invert the connection between left and right sticks ... each sticks is connected via 8 line cable: +Vcc, Gnd, Trim1, Trim2, Trim3,Trim4, Stick X, Stick Y ... actually the central board could be placed in any better TX ... like for example a cheap trainer TX ... and get a better feeling.

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:13 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
6,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bofred View Post
Seems like I have to wait on the little v939 bird after all...
Quote:
Temporary Out Of Stock, will be arrived in 15 days.
Wow ... sold out in no time

Yes ... WLtoys is getting a recognized brand name

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:49 AM
Kungshatt
Joined Mar 2008
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Wow ... sold out in no time

Yes ... WLtoys is getting a recognized brand name

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Yes, but when I ordered it was in stock. Not the best logician system perhaps...
bofred is offline Find More Posts by bofred
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:52 AM
Take flight
Joined Aug 2004
2,183 Posts

Found a few pics of the Nine Eagles Alien... Can't really find a lot of info though hmm..
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:53 AM
Honey,just one more thing
Rensselaer,IN
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
Quote:
Didn't mean it to come off like that. I have read the review too. I know he has some, it was a pun on my part that after reading it, didn't sound right, but it was typed and sent, so I just left it as it was,because the quote's were out already.
So now I was flying my 929 last night in the school parking lot, was up somewhat high, a gust of wind came and the darn thing started to wobble like crazy. Never did that before, needless to say its on the school roof. Waiting now to catch the custodian to get it off the roof. Small school right across the street.
spudandretti is online now Find More Posts by spudandretti
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:54 AM
Honey,just one more thing
Rensselaer,IN
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
Quote:
Found a few pics of the Nine Eagles Alien... Can't really find a lot of info though hmm..
I do like the body.
spudandretti is online now Find More Posts by spudandretti
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:00 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
I do like the body.

That looks cleverly designed, with bobbins for vibrations insulation.
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter