HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:57 AM
Joined Jul 2012
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doonunder View Post
I bought a ladybird clone on eBay and it is terrible to control compared to the ladybird.
Did you fly the Ladybird V2 before?
WXIA is offline Find More Posts by WXIA
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2012, 05:07 AM
New Zealand, Auckland, Waiau Pa
Joined Dec 2006
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WXIA View Post
Did you fly the Ladybird V2 before?
Hi yes, not sure if V2, how do you tell? It has accelerometers.
doonunder is offline Find More Posts by doonunder
Old Aug 21, 2012, 06:26 AM
a.k.a. BiggTony
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Jul 2010
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I see a few are no U 816 fans for your own reasons thats fine. Using a public forum because you can't fly it isn't right. Warning others to not buy it is your story. I don't care if you buy them or not but fly it does and quite well. Yes you have to fly it and its no co-ax. I felt a little put off with it at first but then flew it a couple times and shifted between V929 andU 816. After a couple flights I had it doing what V929 was doing..flying pretty good. You just need to go easy on controls, big careless movements get it into trouble. Advantages of this are two batteries and usb cord is same type as V911 so match up to power block is easy.
Well you're certainly right, we are entitled to our own opinions. Me personally, I can't see this flying anything like the v929....and that's pretty good. You speak of the u816 not being a co-ax yet suggest it be controlled with real easy movements which means it's flyng like a co-ax at near hover. If not, I would love to see you post a video flying this craft in a tight space like the v929, doing simple little box turns with no crashes for 1 whole minute. I have put in over 30 flights with the u816 and yes, it flies if you don't try to push it......but if I wanted a craft to just float around my room or outside, I would indeed get a co-ax.

The fact that it comes with two batteries is irrelevant when the u816 is what it is in my opinion.
dedmonwakin is offline Find More Posts by dedmonwakin
Last edited by dedmonwakin; Aug 21, 2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:41 AM
Australia, NSW, Lismore
Joined May 2012
54 Posts
The V939 is available now from Banggood. Might wait till someone reviews it before I press the button. Who's first?
Symantics is offline Find More Posts by Symantics
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:01 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
Is E728 in the RTF package the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symantics View Post
The V939 is available now from Banggood. Might wait till someone reviews it before I press the button. Who's first?
For V929 owners, should we get the BNF instead of the RTF? Is this transmitter the same as the one for the V929? I know the newer V929 supports lights on/off with the newer transmitter, not sure if this one does that.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:40 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
I'm supposed to do a review of the MJX X100 but have been swamped at work. Really recommend it Over the mini pet which I also own. The MJX is ridiculously stable but quite nimble as well...taught a friend how to hover it within 10 minutes of practice. Hopefully I'll have time along the week to do a in depth review...fingers crossed!
So glad to hear this! I have one on the way and hoped it would be better than the other micros we have been hearing bad stuff about on here! looking forward to see your thoughts on it!
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:51 PM
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
For V929 owners, should we get the BNF instead of the RTF? Is this transmitter the same as the one for the V929? I know the newer V929 supports lights on/off with the newer transmitter, not sure if this one does that.
I would normally get the BNF, but in this case, there's only a $6 difference and the BNF does not come with a battery, charger or spare blades. In case you guys haven't seen it, there's also an 8% coupon for the 939 in the Deals forum.
MikeSRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeSRC
Old Aug 21, 2012, 02:02 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,808 Posts
Quote:
That big 330mAh battery looks interesting compared to the 240/300mAh of some of the others. I wonder if that translates into longer flight times, or it needs that for the LEDs. If the v939 reviews are good (still waiting for my MJX) I'll possibly get just the main board ($8.90) and convert my U816 to see if it hovers any better with new brains and using my V929 Tx. I like the U816 a lot - it goes like a rocket - but the twitchy hover and the fairly sedate yaw speed could be a bit better.
Brandigan is online now Find More Posts by Brandigan
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:33 PM
Kungshatt
Joined Mar 2008
200 Posts
Hi guys, great thread!!

I bought the mini pet from BG (Two and a half week to my post box). I wrote down my feeling about it in here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=33

You might want to look at the pictures in the beginning of the thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1701001

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
I'm supposed to do a review of the MJX X100 but have been swamped at work. Really recommend it Over the mini pet which I also own. The MJX is ridiculously stable but quite nimble as well...taught a friend how to hover it within 10 minutes of practice. Hopefully I'll have time along the week to do a in depth review...fingers crossed!
* * * * Is the MJX faster in reactions and does not do the annoying auto flip when hitting the end of the stick? In that case I HAVE TO BUY IT NOW * * * *
bofred is offline Find More Posts by bofred
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:53 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bofred View Post
Hi guys, great thread!!

I bought the mini pet from BG (Two and a half week to my post box). I wrote down my feeling about it in here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=33

You might want to look at the pictures in the beginning of the thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1701001

* * * * Is the MJX faster in reactions and does not do the annoying auto flip when hitting the end of the stick? In that case I HAVE TO BUY IT NOW * * * *
I was under the impression that the Mini Pet did mode 2, does it not? It's gonna be a real bear to fly if not.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:04 AM
Joined Feb 2007
545 Posts
It comes up at $38 right now even without code. Showed $42 but comes up at $38 in shopping cart. I went for it, seems like a good price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSRC View Post
I would normally get the BNF, but in this case, there's only a $6 difference and the BNF does not come with a battery, charger or spare blades. In case you guys haven't seen it, there's also an 8% coupon for the 939 in the Deals forum.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:56 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,018 Posts
Quote:
In the description it still says " ... manufacturer still producing .. " at the end, doesnt it???
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:20 AM
Kungshatt
Joined Mar 2008
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I was under the impression that the Mini Pet did mode 2, does it not? It's gonna be a real bear to fly if not.
Yes, it does mode2. Only it says mode4 n the swith..
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:05 AM
Kungshatt
Joined Mar 2008
200 Posts
Did anyone bought the Turnigy 9X compatible V939? Its on sale at BGs now I saw..
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...o-p-47674.html

I will buy one just to test it out. My mini pet has soon wear out status anyway. It is amazingly rigid thou. Hits the walls with joy
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:13 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
In the description it still says " ... manufacturer still producing .. " at the end, doesnt it???
V939 RTF -> In Stock, Usually ship in 1 business day

For 37.99 $ !!!!

I knew that pre-ordering BNF for 35.99 -> not a good idea ...
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter