HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 20, 2012, 09:44 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,770 Posts
Hey, the mini pet is on special today at Banggood for $38.99 shipped. I got it at this price a couple weeks ago and am still waiting on it, but it is no in the country so it should arrive this week. Can't wait to try it out.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Mi...f-p-47741.html
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2012, 09:54 PM
Joined Feb 2007
545 Posts
Got my V929 receiver and 4 LB booms/motors/props. Put it together on the U816 frame and using U816 250mah batteries. Using V911 tx and so far just a couple flights it is awesome!! So much better than the stock U816, which I say for sure now DON'T BUY, simply not flyable. But the prop direction is backwards of what the board says, so for now I swapped the props but need to go back and swap the booms for maximum motor life.

Which way is a motor considered clockwise or counter-clockwise? By looking directly at the shaft end? I think that is true but not sure.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:09 PM
a.k.a. BiggTony
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Jul 2010
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post
Got my V929 receiver and 4 LB booms/motors/props. Put it together on the U816 frame and using U816 250mah batteries. Using V911 tx and so far just a couple flights it is awesome!! So much better than the stock U816, which I say for sure now DON'T BUY, simply not flyable. But the prop direction is backwards of what the board says, so for now I swapped the props but need to go back and swap the booms for maximum motor life.

Which way is a motor considered clockwise or counter-clockwise? By looking directly at the shaft end? I think that is true but not sure.
Thank you for confirming that I wasn't over exaggerating the awfulness of the u816! Lol
Flies so much better with the v929 board, doesn't it? The only thing is that the flips are still tuned for a big quad unlike the rolls the u816 could do. Nevertheless, watch the piro's, it can really get away from you at the v929 speed.
dedmonwakin is offline Find More Posts by dedmonwakin
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:12 PM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
904 Posts
delete....
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Aaron qin; Aug 21, 2012 at 03:45 AM.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:22 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,323 Posts
Anybody got a link to a full review on the mini pet? I'd really like to hear a comparison to the v1 LB since it supposedly has an accelerometer. Might be the one I purchase if it out performs the v2 LB.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:40 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,770 Posts
I'm thinking of selling my extra NIB V929. I bought this one as a gift but that didn't pan out (recipient already bought an MQX). And I already have an MQX myself, and I have a mini pet on the way. Thinking about getting a MJX F45 from banggood and I can't add any more helis without getting rid of another one. I just have to find it! It's all wrapped up in the original foam box from banggood with the stock Tx, asian charger, battery, and an extra nano tech battery. Also, the Tx has AA batteries included. I'm going to list it in the classifieds as soon as I find it and weigh it to figure out how much it will cost to ship. Think there will still be demand for it? I hate to sell anything but I have too much stuff, as evidenced by the misplacement of this one. I did assemble and test hover it indoors, but then packed it away.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:01 AM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I'm thinking of selling my extra NIB V929. I bought this one as a gift but that didn't pan out (recipient already bought an MQX). And I already have an MQX myself, and I have a mini pet on the way. Thinking about getting a MJX F45 from banggood and I can't add any more helis without getting rid of another one. I just have to find it! It's all wrapped up in the original foam box from banggood with the stock Tx, asian charger, battery, and an extra nano tech battery. Also, the Tx has AA batteries included. I'm going to list it in the classifieds as soon as I find it and weigh it to figure out how much it will cost to ship. Think there will still be demand for it? I hate to sell anything but I have too much stuff, as evidenced by the misplacement of this one. I did assemble and test hover it indoors, but then packed it away.
What do you want for it shipped to zip code 13905? I need a second one and you are much closer than banggood
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:03 AM
Joined Feb 2007
545 Posts
The main flaw of the U816 is the throttle not steady. I can fly this V929/U816/LB hybrid pretty well on low rates (v911 tx) in the house. piros are much better, workable now. swapping the boom location did not fix the motor rotation issue, not sure what I was thinking. Had to pop the wire connectors out of the plastic holders, swap red/black then put then back in plastic clips. Now all motors running in designed direction.

Main issue now is some severe oscillation. I have the board screwed to plastic and the frame screwed to plastic with Velcro between. So either the board is not level enough or the board sitting up higher is the issue, or something else. When the battery runs pretty low the oscillation smooth out. Also when punching throttle it seems smoother. Need to find a canopy and try it outside.

Also I ordered board in U.S. to get quicker but received a version 1 board not version 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedmonwakin View Post
Thank you for confirming that I wasn't over exaggerating the awfulness of the u816! Lol
Flies so much better with the v929 board, doesn't it? The only thing is that the flips are still tuned for a big quad unlike the rolls the u816 could do. Nevertheless, watch the piro's, it can really get away from you at the v929 speed.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:05 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,465 Posts
I see a few are no U 816 fans for your own reasons thats fine. Using a public forum because you can't fly it isn't right. Warning others to not buy it is your story. I don't care if you buy them or not but fly it does and quite well. Yes you have to fly it and its no co-ax. I felt a little put off with it at first but then flew it a couple times and shifted between V929 andU 816. After a couple flights I had it doing what V929 was doing..flying pretty good. You just need to go easy on controls, big careless movements get it into trouble. Advantages of this are two batteries and usb cord is same type as V911 so match up to power block is easy.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:18 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
381 Posts
Quote:

I just did the same thing today with Ladybird motors and v929 frame and PCB. I also had to put the CCW motors and props on the CW connection on the PCB and same for CW motors and props on CCW connection. Either the CW and CCW is measured from the bottom of the motors or it's a glitch in the v929 PCB when adding Ladybird motors.

I don't have 300 mah batteries yet so I changed the connector for eflite style batteries and have been flying it with 150 mah eflite batteries. Doesn't last very long, but man what a blast it is flying this thing. Don't know what to do for a canopy yet. The v929 canopy is too big and wont let the props spin and the ladybird canopy is too small and wont fit. Guess I'll have to see about making a nice small paper canopy or something just to protect the PCB.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:23 AM
Joined Aug 2011
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Anybody got a link to a full review on the mini pet? I'd really like to hear a comparison to the v1 LB since it supposedly has an accelerometer. Might be the one I purchase if it out performs the v2 LB.
It is not a full review, just unboxing ...

Looking at it, I can say the LiPo and I think the battery frame are exactly the same as the MJX-X100 (for people looking for spares, I think it can be useful)
___FP is offline Find More Posts by ___FP
Last edited by ___FP; Aug 21, 2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:25 AM
Joined Feb 2007
545 Posts
What frame are you using?, What transmitter? Any issues with oscillation or is yours steady?

Take a pic, and let me know if you find a good canopy idea.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:02 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
381 Posts
Quote:
What frame are you using?, What transmitter? Any issues with oscillation or is yours steady?

Take a pic, and let me know if you find a good canopy idea.
I'm using v929 frame. Flysky TH9X running er9x. I did notice a bit of oscillation at certain throttle rates, but nothing too bad. I might look into it later, maybe. I'm also expecting my Hoten-X this week so once I get that it will occupy all of my spare time
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:04 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
I'm supposed to do a review of the MJX X100 but have been swamped at work. Really recommend it Over the mini pet which I also own. The MJX is ridiculously stable but quite nimble as well...taught a friend how to hover it within 10 minutes of practice. Hopefully I'll have time along the week to do a in depth review...fingers crossed!
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:37 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I see a few are no U 816 fans for your own reasons thats fine. Using a public forum because you can't fly it isn't right. Warning others to not buy it is your story. I don't care if you buy them or not but fly it does and quite well. Yes you have to fly it and its no co-ax. I felt a little put off with it at first but then flew it a couple times and shifted between V929 andU 816. After a couple flights I had it doing what V929 was doing..flying pretty good. You just need to go easy on controls, big careless movements get it into trouble. Advantages of this are two batteries and usb cord is same type as V911 so match up to power block is easy.
Interesting ...

Yes, the 816 does not have much support .... the SH 6043 it is also totally ignored here ...

I have the feeling that my SH 6043 TX (the only weak spot) it is getting better with usage ... I think it is the variable resistor that with usage start to get a more clean contact and a better signal for the TX board.

Anyhow ... I did crash multiple time for have done wrong thing ... still fly like new ... ultra stable ... and it loops very nicely also indoor

The cool thing it is make a loop in the middle of a fast forward ... that's something nice to see ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: I have some 260mAh with high C rate on the way ... maybe it can even get better
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70