HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:44 AM
Aalesund, Norway
Joined Jun 2012
408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly View Post
Here is my LB with plug and play leds.
Plug and play..hmmm...where did you get them ?
daggad is online now Find More Posts by daggad
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:46 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly View Post
Here is my LB with plug and play leds.
More info please!
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:31 AM
Certified Heli Addict
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
959 Posts
Check it out Inside with the Beetle
V929 Beetle Indoor Flying Sound Cham (0 min 52 sec)
RaymondM is online now Find More Posts by RaymondM
Old Aug 17, 2012, 08:36 AM
Joined Jun 2005
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
Thank you for your input. I am quite used to waiting for items ordered from China. I have ordered many items from Banggood, Deal Extreme, Focalprice, etc, etc. I am hoping that EMS will be quicker as I would like to receive the Hoten-X before the snow starts falling, which often is early in autumn over here in Canada. Anybody else have any input before I decide?

Gerard.
I ordered my V120 from Hobby-Wing and got it in only about a week.

I ordered by Ladybird and it took 4 weeks.

I don't know if it went the same route or not. I think it's just order and hope...
indiggio is offline Find More Posts by indiggio
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:29 AM
Joined Jun 2005
155 Posts
Quote:
Well I decided to order the Hoten-X RTF with Devo 10 from RC711. I paid extra for EMS shipping. It should get here before first snowfall, God willing.
Yes with EMS shipping, I think you'll get it a lot faster than standard China Post.

I think you made a good choice, post your thoughts!

I have a Devo 10 and like it a lot. I like the telemetry feedback for voltage so I know when it's about time to set whatever bird down.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:34 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiggio View Post
Yes with EMS shipping, I think you'll get it a lot faster than standard China Post.

I think you made a good choice, post your thoughts!

I have a Devo 10 and like it a lot. I like the telemetry feedback for voltage so I know when it's about time to set whatever bird down.
From my EU case .. EMS does not really help.

EMS means a sure custom control, that means taxes to be paid (they charge 30% of price including shipping, so EMS is additional 30% more expensive) ... custom bureaucracy cost 1 or 2 weeks of delay ...

So ... normal shipping, if does not land in the custom net (small packaged and cheap package are not much controlled) ... often it is faster,

Anyhow ... I did find out that also a lot mater about from which place of china a parcel start ... from HongKong it is much faster then other main land in china.

I got my SH 6043 from banggood in exactly 14 days .. from order to postman at my door.

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: I did use EMS only once ... and it just cost me extra many, at no gain at all ...
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:32 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Just received the MJX X100 for a somewhat in-depth review...what aspects do you guys want to know most about these quads? I'm thinking of making a chart that could allow us to objectively compare the performance/value/quality of these quadcopters. (Like those found on car reviews)... please let me know what you guys would like to know about this and all subsequent quads! Thanks=]
This is just a start...

1) Range check.
2) Speed of Yaw (is slow on U816, varies on v929 with each power setting,slow/fast on MQX) Don't know how you would measure that. Number of Rotations per 10 seconds or something for each of the power ratings possible? (one thing I'd like faster on my U816)
3) Throttle/Pitch/Roll max/min for all power settings (if LCD display)
4) Is hands off hover possible and how easy/twitchy is it (again, U816 quite hard to hover to begin with)
5) Are pirouettes clean and "on the spot" (with no wind and a properly trimmed quad) or does it do a large circle?
6) Does it lose/gain height/veer to one side with FFF?
7) Speed of FFF over a set distance. 20-30m? (Don't do from a standing start, just measure the middle section).
8) Is it affected by winds (v929/MQX are, LB size etc. seem less so)
9) How much extra weight can it carry (tested by the method of attaching to scales, zeroing them and applying full throttle)
10) Can it do flips? Preprogrammed? Selectable? (like the MJX) and what is the time limit between each one?
11) How much height does it lose between flips?
12) LEDs? Switchable or always on?
13) Number of 'Gyros' (Gyro + Acc) and does it improve/prevent flips/stability etc.
14) What's it like coming down through its own propwash?
15) How does it fly with a set weight attached underneath? (typically an 808 17g keyfob camera)
16) Are 'extra buttons' like mode/flip easy to reach while flying (like on the shoulders of the TX with the SH-6043 / v929) or do you have to take your hands off the sticks to reach them? (Again, can't do a flip while moving on the U816 very easily)
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Last edited by Brandigan; Aug 17, 2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:38 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
From my EU case .. EMS does not really help.

EMS means a sure custom control, that means taxes to be paid (they charge 30% of price including shipping, so EMS is additional 30% more expensive) ... custom bureaucracy cost 1 or 2 weeks of delay ...
Same experience here with EU

Expensive shippment or big package = sure customs control and delays.

It's better to order one-by-one even if you want to buy 2/3/4/5 pcs of heli/whatever.

Simple free shipping works best and comes only with stamp from customs "accepted for trade in EU" but no VAT/taxes.

Latest banggood shippment (since they need to be signed) appears in mail sorting system as "priority registered letter", it's not even package, so nothing to look about for customs, move along, NEXT ...

It takes 14-21 days, yeah it's a slow boat but for the price i accept it

HK post work just a notch better, they forward packages quicker once posted in HK, but shipping LiPo's with them takes ages (they go via Swiss Post/Zurich) so never do that! Be better off and order from chinese seller with china post.

I believe above counts also for US/everybody ^^
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Last edited by shafter; Aug 17, 2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:39 PM
Joined Feb 2007
531 Posts
bobepine did a full review on the SH-6043 but he put it over in multicopters area. He showed it does fly well and could hover pretty steady hands free. I'd say the SH-6043 is a good one, but don't care much for the transmitter. There are links to his thread at the start of this one. Not a fan of the bug canopy or really the bug legs, but at least it flies good (from what I have seen).

Quote:
Never say never ...

I will post a video of my hands free hovering SH 6043

Tchuss

e_lm_70
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:45 PM
Joined Feb 2007
531 Posts
My U816 already has a motor going bad (just got it this week). The motor sometimes starts and sometimes doesn't unless you flick it with finger. To be fair I've crashed a lot but it is hard to keep this one steady at hover. The booms, frame, motor mounts, and canopy all seem tough. The blades are so-so. The black ones crease pretty easily and I've had one break in two, the orange ones seem a little tougher (or it hasn't hit them as hard).

Decided to order V929 board and since I have a failing motor, 4 of the Ladybird motors with booms/mounts. Will piece together a U816/LB/V929 quad probably next week and use V911 TX. We will see how that goes.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Aug 17, 2012, 01:29 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,507 Posts
Vote Please!
New Mini and Micro Multirotor sub-forum to Multirotor forum

Almost there Gents
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Aug 17, 2012, 04:15 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
358 Posts
So far I'm having a good experience with RC711.com. They have been quick to reply to my questions and my Hoten-X was shipped and tracking information provided within a few hours of placing my order. This is unusual for me as I'm used to waiting days and sometimes weeks for an order to be fulfilled after making payment from most Chinese web-stores even when they state "ships within 24 hours." Maybe it's because I paid extra for EMS but so far so good.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Aug 17, 2012, 04:17 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Sounds like a good idea, I just voted.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Aug 17, 2012, 04:24 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,792 Posts
Quote:
Anyhow ... I did find out that also a lot mater about from which place of china a parcel start ... from HongKong it is much faster then other main land in china.
For those who do not know: Hong Kong used to be under British control. As a result, HongKong is in many ways different than the rest of mainland China: for example, Hong Kong has both a different internet and telephone country code from the rest of mainland China. It used to be (and perhaps still is) that the telephone connectivity between the US and Hong Kong (pick-up and call) was way better than between the US and the rest of mainland China (call an operator who calls back when the connection is made). Most things are written in both English and Chinese in Hong Kong, but only Chinese in the rest of mainland China.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:46 PM
Joined Jun 2005
155 Posts
Quote:
So far I'm having a good experience with RC711.com. They have been quick to reply to my questions and my Hoten-X was shipped and tracking information provided within a few hours of placing my order. This is unusual for me as I'm used to waiting days and sometimes weeks for an order to be fulfilled after making payment from most Chinese web-stores even when they state "ships within 24 hours." Maybe it's because I paid extra for EMS but so far so good.
Good to know.

Might have to try them in the future!