The face off..my two favs...
2 great machines, i have that ones too.
GhostMaster is online now Find More Posts by GhostMaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2013, 01:08 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Yup, that's the one. I will post pictures soon... It yaws with throttle movement and is fly able with a lot of trim.. Anyways, as of right now..I'm very disappointed.. Hopefully I can dial it in better with the deco 8s
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:12 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,779 Posts
Just got my Hubsan X4, it is great! It drifts a bit but trim helped that. And my Mini pet 300mah batteries fit in it too. But I ruined a lipo today, I charged one of the mini pet lipos with the hubsan USB charger and left it on the computer (while I was using it) and forgot about it. I look down and the light was off, so it was done. When I picked up the battery it was hot and puffy! So this charger DOES NOT AUTO CUT OFF! just the light shuts off. So it overcharged my battery an it's all puffed now. It was a brand new battery! It is sitting out front on the concrete porch now, but I have to discharged it and discard it now. Be careful with those USB chargers. Should have used my good charger, but it seems a waste when I'm inside at the computer anyway.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:29 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,709 Posts
Hi S,
Are you sure the lipo polarity was correct? I've left mine in longer than that with no issues, but it is possible that you have a bad charger. Carefully check that with a digimeter to make sure it does not happen again as this is a burn your house down safety issue Do check the polarity of te wires with the connector on the X4 to make sure. Do not plug them into the X4 connector until you are absolutely sure that they are correctly polarized! For many of the Turnigy lipos you will have to carefully remove the pins from the connector and re-insert them swapped.
The X4 will spin in place for about 10 seconds or more without drifting if you do the ET mod, Calibrate the accelerometers and the Tx and trim for a straight up take-off. Do the motor saver mod too!
In case you missed it read all these links:
--Improving Hubsan X4 flight performance 101
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Just got my Hubsan X4, it is great! It drifts a bit but trim helped that. And my Mini pet 300mah batteries fit in it too. But I ruined a lipo today, I charged one of the mini pet lipos with the hubsan USB charger and left it on the computer (while I was using it) and forgot about it. I look down and the light was off, so it was done. When I picked up the battery it was hot and puffy! So this charger DOES NOT AUTO CUT OFF! just the light shuts off. So it overcharged my battery an it's all puffed now. It was a brand new battery! It is sitting out front on the concrete porch now, but I have to discharged it and discard it now. Be careful with those USB chargers. Should have used my good charger, but it seems a waste when I'm inside at the computer anyway.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Mar 10, 2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:31 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
The nano tec I got from Hobby King had reversed polarity from what worked on my V939.
So I had to switch wires in plug on battery.
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:41 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,779 Posts
No, the mini pet batteries have the same polarity, I charged one before this event happened. A little battery like this is not near as dangerous, but can still start a fire. Glad I caught it. I monitor lipos when charging anyway, but this one was right in front of me. I have three lipos charging in the garage right now and I go out there every few minutes to look at the voltage and feel each batt to make sure it does NOT get warm. Unless it's a Nimh or Nicad, then a little warm is good! And I have another charger here in the kitchen with me charging 2 3s 2200 batts in parallel and I walk over and feel them every couple mins. Gotta check every few minutes if the batteries surroundings are flammable, but even so I dont want the smoke in here. I think it would have taken a lot more time for that battery to burst, and it may never have burst, there's not much current in there.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Mar 10, 2013, 03:01 PM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,208 Posts
I have made use of an old ash tray that I have on metal bench.
I have an old metal tool box that I put a computer power supply in to power bigger chargers and batteries are in the tool box also.
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack
Old Mar 10, 2013, 07:43 PM
Neophyte o the Flyin Cuisinart
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2007
707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMaster View Post
2 great machines, i have that ones too.
Great minds think alike (just an assumption; never actually met anyone with a great mind ).

Uncle Gravity is online now Find More Posts by Uncle Gravity
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:30 PM
2 NECKS ARE BETTER THAN 1
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Aug 2012
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Gravity View Post
Great minds think alike (just an assumption; never actually met anyone with a great mind ).

What are those feet on the X4??

Lard4Hire
Lard4Hire is offline Find More Posts by Lard4Hire
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:58 PM
Neophyte o the Flyin Cuisinart
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2007
707 Posts
They're spare feet from the Eye One. Here's a blog entry on using them with the X4:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1848980
Uncle Gravity is online now Find More Posts by Uncle Gravity
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:04 AM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Waiting for spring time...
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:18 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,653 Posts
It's been Spring time here and it's gorgeous out. Love the geenary and flowers this time of year. Can't wait till my micro Qbot arrives. In the mean time, I have a few other quads to keep me busy.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:26 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,163 Posts
It's sunny everyday here

someday, i really want to "touch" the snow
bangkomit is offline Find More Posts by bangkomit
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:04 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
381 Posts
We just received another 2-3 inches of snow on top of the 3-4 feet we already have.
My quads and I really can't wait for spring to arrive.

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Mar 11, 2013, 03:22 PM
2 NECKS ARE BETTER THAN 1
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Aug 2012
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
We just received another 2-3 inches of snow on top of the 3-4 feet we already have.
My quads and I really can't wait for spring to arrive.

Gerard.
I know what you mean, fellow Canuck! We just got hit with some heavy stuff, if we get more I don't know where I am gonna put it!

I am dying to get my V929 outside, especially with the 808 #16 cam attached. I don't have the room to fly it indoors.

Thank god for my X4!

Lard4Hire
Lard4Hire is offline Find More Posts by Lard4Hire