Jerry
jerrysimon is offline Find More Posts by jerrysimon
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:17 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,553 Posts
Thanks Bluesz for testing the batteries and recommending the UDI batteries. I got two of them from Tmart today and was able to test them outside on my V202. They flew for 6 and 6:20 minutes after initial charge. My well used V202 stock battery only flew 5:35 minutes. The UDI are almost identical in size to the V202 but weigh 0.8g less. This may be because the V202 batteries have some foam under the tape at the wire end. The UDI batteries are rated 250mah, no C rating, but seem to be fairly good batteries
siriusflier is online now Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:18 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrysimon View Post
Thanks BLUESZ

Jerry
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier View Post
Thanks Bluesz for testing the batteries and recommending the UDI batteries. I got two of them from Tmart today and was able to test them outside on my V202. They flew for 6 and 6:20 minutes after initial charge. My well used V202 stock battery only flew 5:35 minutes. The UDI are almost identical in size to the V202 but weigh 0.8g less. This may be because the V202 batteries have some foam under the tape at the wire end. The UDI batteries are rated 250mah, no C rating, but seem to be fairly good batteries
Welcome guys! I think they are even better than the 300mAh 45-90C Nanotech...with +time and they have the same punch!
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:26 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
Hey guys, what about BNFs - why there aren't any BNF quadcopters (except for the Walkera LB).

Aaron, if you can see it, please try to add some BNFs to stock - I am pretty sure there will be a lot of demand to a ~20$ BNF. Look at the v911 BNF for example, almost every v911 owner has at least 2 BNFs besides the RTF one (or besides the 9x).

I know that I rather buy 2 BNFs instead of 1 RTF (I already have 1 RTF and a 9x Tx).
asanado is offline Find More Posts by asanado
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:20 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanado View Post
Hey guys, what about BNFs - why there aren't any BNF quadcopters (except for the Walkera LB).

Aaron, if you can see it, please try to add some BNFs to stock - I am pretty sure there will be a lot of demand to a ~20$ BNF. Look at the v911 BNF for example, almost every v911 owner has at least 2 BNFs besides the RTF one (or besides the 9x).

I know that I rather buy 2 BNFs instead of 1 RTF (I already have 1 RTF and a 9x Tx).
What are you looking for in a BNF?
V939
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...f-p-47675.html
V929
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...o-p-46046.html
V949
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...f-p-57271.html
Redcon (DSM)
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Re...e-p-60966.html

I would like to see a BNF V959 (With no camera) so I could have a back up unit or parts.
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:44 AM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
udirc 816

put a 939 board on my 816 so i could use the 9x.had to move some props around and plugs. and board to base adapter. did not like the way it flew. So yes you guessed it. I need to put the 816 board back on but don't remember the hook up of the motors to the board. I know which plug is for leds and I actually numbered the plugs but don't know if i counted cw or ccw. any one have a diagram????
thanks
tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:49 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
I am looking for a cheap BNF - those you were mentioned are only a few $ cheaper than the RTF.

I want it to be a cheap source for spare parts for making repairs and making hybrids.

When they cost almost the same as the RTFs, I just keep on flying my v202 and v929 and buy only the needed spare parts for repairs.

I just don't like to stock those Tx's - I rather buy some BNFs and replace their board for 9x compatibility.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:55 AM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
I am looking for a cheap BNF - those you were mentioned are only a few $ cheaper than the RTF.

I want it to be a cheap source for spare parts for making repairs and making hybrids.

When they cost almost the same as the RTFs, I just keep on flying my v202 and v929 and buy only the needed spare parts for repairs.

I just don't like to stock those Tx's - I rather buy some BNFs and replace their board for 9x compatibility.
yeah i notice some TXR unit and BNF are only 20 cheaper. makes no sense except for marketing.
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:00 PM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,205 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
yeah i notice some TXR unit and BNF are only 20 cheaper. makes no sense except for marketing.
So if I understand you correctly you want a BNF that is where they remove a $14.85 TX from A $47.55 RTF
$47.55 - $14.85 = $32.7
And you want them to give it to you for $20

$14.85 TX
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...8-p-47529.html
Remove it from a $47.55 RTF
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ne...f-p-49730.html
BNF $35.99
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...f-p-57271.html
Maybe if it was bare bones without charger, and battery.
Charger 3.20
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...a-p-52357.html
Battery 5.40
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...y-p-47318.html

$47.55 - $14.85 = $32.7-5.40=$27.30-3.20=24.10
I bet they could sell a bare bones V949 0R V929 for $25

Or a bare bones v939 = $13.54
$39.59-$14.85 = 24.74-$2=22.74-2=20.74-7.20= $13.54
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:22 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,531 Posts
Quote:

If the common BNFs are too expensive in your opinion - throw them together by yourself.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1710948
That's the right thread for you.
-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:41 PM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
You got it...

I want a bare bones for about 20$.

A 40$ RTF without Tx, batteries, charger, spares and even without a gift box should cost ~20$ - Similiar to the v911 BNF.

There is no need for more Tx's or charger or even batteries (I like to choose the batteries, rather than having the stock ones), and I already have too many gift boxes that I don't need.
The spare props are also a waste for me - I don't break propellers, I break booms.

The shop that will sell this, will anyway get my 40$ and even more, it will just go for BNF, batteries, 9x compatible boards.

It would be better for me to have a bundle available (for the same 40$) which will contain a BNF, 5 x Batteries and 8 x Booms.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:50 PM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
mike,

I am following this thread too... The cheapest BNF you can throw together is for about 25$, and this is for the low end parts (without the need for DIY stuff - I don't have the time for it).

Building from parts is always more expensive than getting a bundle...

Don't get me wrong, the 18$ DIY thread is great and with plenty of creative ideas, but unfortunately I barely have time for flying, so DIY is not possible at all.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:08 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,531 Posts
Quote:
mike,

I am following this thread too... The cheapest BNF you can throw together is for about 25$, and this is for the low end parts (without the need for DIY stuff - I don't have the time for it).

Building from parts is always more expensive than getting a bundle...

Don't get me wrong, the 18$ DIY thread is great and with plenty of creative ideas, but unfortunately I barely have time for flying, so DIY is not possible at all.
BNF for 20 bucks equipped with high end parts...

Good Luck. Do not forget the 4th cardinal sin.....greed
-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by mikefromgermany; Feb 18, 2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:28 PM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
The 4th sin is irrelevant! It is very realistic to want a 20$ BNF.

I don't know if you are aware of it, but there was no v911 BNF at the begining.
We (at rcgroups v911 thread) raised the need and demand for a BNF - Aaron from BangGood has answered our calls and together with WL Toys we created the BNF package and also some other bundles.

After that, every e-store started to sell BNFs as well.

I am pretty sure that it can be done with the quads too, they just need to see that there is a huge demand for it... the first seller/manufacturer that will do it, will enjoy a big popularity of his products (This is one of the main reasons that BangGood became a favourite seller among rcgroups members).
Last edited by asanado; Feb 17, 2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:29 PM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
BNF for 20 bucks equipped with high end parts...

Good Luck. Do not forget the 4th cardinal sin.....
-mike-
Quote:
The 4th sin is irrelevant! It is very realistic to want a 20$ BNF.

I don't know if you are aware of it, but there was no v911 BNF at the begining.
We (at rcgroups v911 thread) raised the need and demand for a BNF - Aaron from BangGood has answered our calls and together with WL Toys we created the BNF package and also some other bundles.

After that, every e-store started to sell BNFs as well.

I am pretty sure that it can be done with the quads too, they just need to see that there is a huge demand for it... the first seller/manufacturer that will do it, will enjoy a big popularity of his products (This is one of the main reasons that BangGood became a favourite seller among rcgroups members).
V911 = helicopter 2 motors / V9X9 = Quad 4 motors / Apples and oranges

If you think these prices are high go browse the MQX and its price list.
They have price beat the big dogs and you want more

The next thing they need to work on is a FPV Quad that beats the competition price wises.