HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:32 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
My experience with DX is good. They always use Hong Kong Post, which is a lot faster (once shipped) than China Post favored by most other sellers, including Banggood. They are 'slow' in that it may take them several days to actually ship the item (they apparently do not stock everything sold on their site).
2 weeks exactly 14 days from Order to Post Man at my door ...

I can't complain about postage used by Banggood.

The box arrived a bit "abused" .. but no damage.
Protection on package was decent ... but ... I think it got little care in some part of the shipping chain ...

Unluckily I go an item maybe defected on arrival ... or maybe it was me that I press two buttons on the same time ... fact is that some part was not working of my SH6043

Luckily I had the skills for fix the problem ... mainly is looking a SH6043 design issue ... the trims put +Vcc or Ground on a signal .. and if both trim (up and down) are pressed on the same time ... a short can happen ... and ... I did find a consumed-burned line in the PCB ... that means either was defected ... or I did kill it when I try to start the TX with NiMh battery ...

So .... long story short ... I can't complain about banggood ... actually the fact they are actively present here is a good sign for them.

Yes ... these are cheap toys ... so ... quality is a random factor .. as well ... sometime design may be not super resilience.

Anyhow ... my SH-6043 fly much better then what I would have expected ... so can't complain again

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: Shipping from China to Poland ... 2 weeks is very good for my experience
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:48 PM
Joined Feb 2007
534 Posts
Received my U816

U816 came in yesterday, ordered from Aliexpress (don't remember store can look it up if anybody is interested). Ordered on July 24, $40.23.

Here are some pictures. Packaged well, double boxed. Display box even has plastic over & under the items. Controller quality isn't up to the WLToys V911 controller. UFO seems pretty tough, plenty of crashes. My first quadcopter and it is difficult to fly, but I have nothing to compare it to. Finally started to get the hang of just hovering with slight movements and then letting off stick to autocorrect. Sometimes it seems to autocorrect a little too much. Haven't flown much but mostly in the easy mode indoors so far.

Sounds like bees. Plenty of up/down speed, twitchy with controller. Came with 250mah batteries where I think ads said 240mah but that isn't much difference. Seems like it could fly pretty fast but haven't got the hang of it yet. Need to take to a park with more space when winds are light.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:59 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Been out flying and decided to shoot some photos... I am an addict and I don't want to be treated!!!
Awesome collection there James!
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:01 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,898 Posts
Here are some onboard video from my new SH 6043 ... quite good quality, so it means it is quite well balanced.

As well ... impressed by the fact that this 32 gram bug can carry a 17g KeyCam ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: The videos indoor & outdoor:
Ladybug UFO RC SH 6043, indoor on board video from KeyCam #11 (0 min 21 sec)

Ladybug UFO RC SH 6043, outdoor on board video from KeyCam #11 (1 min 16 sec)
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:16 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Here are some onboard video from my new SH 6043 ... quite good quality, so it means it is quite well balanced.

As well ... impressed by the fact that this 32 gram bug can carry a 17g KeyCam ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XtMSMvN4xc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-J2Z0ZescY
nice vids! Can't wait until my MJX - X100 arrives Hurry up BangGood please!
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:23 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:

Tchuss

e_lm_70

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XtMSMvN4xc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-J2Z0ZescY
Yes, the payload it can carry is quite impressive.
I like to see some vid of the bug flying, if that's not too much trouble.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
That's not good news. At least they aren't too expensive.
This is true. I use them on a RC car I have as it doesn't need as many bends and works better. I had planned to put them on a superfly lol.
bluemeane is offline Find More Posts by bluemeane
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:34 PM
Pennsylvania
Joined Nov 2008
246 Posts
Great videos and reviews. I own a LadyBird V1 and love it, but my only comment about it and most if not all clones is the size of the TX. You have these great little quads and big TX. What I would like to see, is an iPhone interface for quads similar to the iPhly so you can carry your quad along and have a small TX attachment. I bought a second Ladybird and used the board to build this smaller version - it is pretty stable considering it is only 5.5cm and weighs 24g.

Any thoughts if any of the clones would work with a TX dongle of some sort and iPhone interface?
nanobot9000 is offline Find More Posts by nanobot9000
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:51 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,108 Posts
I found a video of the MJX X100 in action.

MJX X100 2 4G 6 Axis 4CH RC Remote Control Quadcopter UFO (3 min 1 sec)

It looks rather stable but after a flip the X100 seems to lose a lot of altitude. At outdoors, it flew really well! I'm most impressed with the way it descended. Check out the video at the 2:31 mark. The quad descended real quick with minimal wobble. My V929 will never be able to do that!
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:59 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
378 Posts
I've been enjoying my v929 so that I'm looking into getting a Hoten-X. I don't have a Devo tx so I need to get a RTF. I've seen some good prices for a RTF with Devo 7 at Helipal.com, a RTF with Devo 10 at RC711.com, and finally a RTF with Devo 7E at OOModel.com. The problem is that I have never ordered from any of these sites and I don't want to take a risk with this much money. Does anybody have any experience with any of these sites? Are they reliable? Do they have good customer service? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am mostly tempted by the one at OOModel.com because the Devo 7e looks quite interesting, but is there much of a difference between these three tx's (Devo 7, Devo 7e, Devo10) ? I've been researching this for the last few days since we haven't been having the best flying weather over here and as you can probably tell I'm at a bit of a standstill right now until I can get more feedback so please reply if you've got any advise for me. Thanks in advance.

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:07 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Yes, the payload it can carry is quite impressive.
I like to see some vid of the bug flying, if that's not too much trouble.
Here is the outdoor video of my SH6043 ... I think it handle very good the wind.

You can see also some 3D loops.

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: Video still upload on youTube:
Ladybug UFO RC SH 6043. Outdoor Fly. With 3D loops. (3 min 43 sec)
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:02 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,898 Posts
Quote:
Here is the outdoor video of my SH6043 ... I think it handle very good the wind.

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Here is the comparison video with HobbyKing PNP ... much more stable, mainly due to a much better radio TX ... but still I can't make loops, since I use autolevel function on the control board ... no autolevel ... is a bit challenge to control for me ...

HobbyKing Turnigy Integrated PCB Plug and Play Micro-Quad (PNP). With KK2.0. Outdoor Fly. (3 min 12 sec)
Last edited by e_lm_70; Aug 15, 2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:42 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I found a video of the MJX X100 in action.

It looks rather stable but after a flip the X100 seems to lose a lot of altitude. At outdoors, it flew really well! I'm most impressed with the way it descended. Check out the video at the 2:31 mark. The quad descended real quick with minimal wobble. My V929 will never be able to do that!
It fly as good as my SH 6043 ... this story of 6 axis, 4 axis I don't get it ... if the "bug" has autolevel, then it is easy to fly independently by the advertised axis.

About lose altitude after a loop ... it all depend how a loop is prepared ... if the quad is ascending ... in a loop mine stay level ... if the quad is stable and I loop ... I may drop a bit ... if the quad is a bit descending at the loop time, it will lose a lot of altitude ... a made right loop will not lose any altitude

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:08 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,652 Posts
I have two V929's and like the flying they do. Also recently recieved U 816 and like the fact it comes with two batteries and flys well. The U 816 will need some air time to get use to it. Harder to keep out of trougble than V 929. I expected this due to its size. I may get bnf Ladybird V1 as I have Devo 7 TX. I am blown away by how well these birds fly and many other mico helis. For under a $100.00 you can get a V929 RTF and V911 RTF and wind up with excellent flyers.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:40 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: Video still upload on youTube:
http://youtu.be/vvnIGKuSmyQ
The SH 6043 seems to fly very nice, I first saw it on the Benma site along with the v929 (I had guessed that this would be the v939, but turned out not).

By the way, your backyard is huge.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter