Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:58 PM
Stoyan Zhekov
Japan, Osaka Prefecture, Osaka
Joined Dec 2012
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
A while ago someone mentioned using a 939 board in a mini pet to gain 9x compatibility. Does anyone know if the plugs are the same? This would be a nice way to eliminate another tx.
I used V939 board with U816 arms. Using V929 stock and FS-CT6B transmitters (FlySky). Daryoon post was very heplful:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
zhesto is online now Find More Posts by zhesto
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:36 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2013
371 Posts
aileron trim getting larger and.....

Hi all: I'm very new to quads and can't fly well at all yet. I've noticed that I'm needing to apply more and more left aileron trim to my Ares Ethos to keep
it in a stable hover and not drift right. This is especially true the more throttle I give it. Any way to isolate what's causing this? The obvious things seem to be
bad motor, bad prop on rhs, or bad gyro? The props SEEM ok....Haven't yet
maxed out the trim but getting close. This seems to be more true as I get deeper
into the battery and seems much more pronounced with one battery than the other, which is confusing. thanks in advance!
speakertoanimals is offline Find More Posts by speakertoanimals
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:32 AM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
I had a problem with the brandnew V939 frame from Banggood...as can see the front right motor arm is twisted, so the angle of the motor angle is NOT VERTICAL!

I dont know because of that, but when I jawing to right it goes to right too! very weird and disappointing...
Hey Bulesz, see my blog on gimpy leg. I'm betting the technique can be applied to the frame side as well.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:44 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakertoanimals View Post
Hi all: I'm very new to quads and can't fly well at all yet. I've noticed that I'm needing to apply more and more left aileron trim to my Ares Ethos to keep
it in a stable hover and not drift right. This is especially true the more throttle I give it. Any way to isolate what's causing this? The obvious things seem to be
bad motor, bad prop on rhs, or bad gyro? The props SEEM ok....Haven't yet
maxed out the trim but getting close. This seems to be more true as I get deeper
into the battery and seems much more pronounced with one battery than the other, which is confusing. thanks in advance!
You say you are new so I must ask, only trying to help
Can we assume you have check to see if all blades turn equally freely?
No lent on shaft, blade not pushed down so tight that it is causing some friction.

If it makes a difference on battery, first thought is one battery is stronger than the other. second thought if battery is of different physical size placement and balance of battery.
I am a firm believer in lubricant, may prolong dying motor.
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:40 AM
Joined Dec 2012
20 Posts
No problem, appreciate the help. Blades turn freely, no shafts seem to be bent. same size and capacity battery, though one prob'ly is stronger. Clearly need to order more. It's also possible the right front prop is damaged such that I can't notice. I'll swap it out and see if that makes a difference.
coolstar is offline Find More Posts by coolstar
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:05 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Hey Bulesz, see my blog on gimpy leg. I'm betting the technique can be applied to the frame side as well.
Thanks bro for sharing this! It seems to be very serious method...I like it!

Unfortunately the frame itself is bent "inside" the arm plug (QC result: Taigetos positive ) so I have ordered a LB frame. I will post a pic tomorrow about it, it cant be fixed like this...
bulesz is online now Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:43 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Very interesting. My Walkera DEVO Tx awaits this micro I will be comparing it to my still top of the micro list the Walkera QR Ladybird V1.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Hey Jim, I look forwards to your "fount of knowledge" to come pouring forth again with the new micros coming.
You silently helped me fix my 3-axis to 6-axis problem. I somehow lost ability last summer to switch modes back and forth, I must have ignorantly gone-in and fiddled around with some Devo settings.... so thanks!

When the standard Deviation UI is released... you will be my Devo Guru!
I had a massive brain anuerism when I tried to setup my Devo10 with 2.1 in December.

I know it's 1 in 1000 chance... but if you have a 1SQ or NE Alien could you see if it binds to Devo, the 1SQ RX looks VERY much like a Ladybird RX but missing the telemetry chip and update/bind sockets but all traces are there on PCB. I read that it manually flips... and both HM and NE have working relationships with Walkera so..... (even if so... leaving backdoor open?) slim chance but maybe...?
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Last edited by vpsporb; Feb 09, 2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:40 PM
Joined Sep 2011
37 Posts
Sorry, I have not read all 198 pages here, but, I like RTF, durability, parts support, performance, run time. Is there a single solid contender that I should look at? I have only seen videos of the QR-1, Syma X1, Hubsan X4. I like to order from Tower Hobbies, HobbyPartz.com/xheli.com, ebay. My LHS has the QR-1 coming in this week.
papaweely is offline Find More Posts by papaweely
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:30 PM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaweely View Post
Sorry, I have not read all 198 pages here, but, I like RTF, durability, parts support, performance, run time. Is there a single solid contender that I should look at? I have only seen videos of the QR-1, Syma X1, Hubsan X4. I like to order from Tower Hobbies, HobbyPartz.com/xheli.com, ebay. My LHS has the QR-1 coming in this week.
That can be a loaded Question
What is #1 important to you?
Quality the best money can buy?
Best bang for the buck?
Are you wanting to just fly, Inside, outside, Do video, FPV.
Beginner, or 3D heli pilot ?
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:47 PM
Joined Sep 2011
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellysmack View Post
That can be a loaded Question
What is #1 important to you? - investment is protected (warranty)
Quality the best money can buy? - (stay low on price)
Best bang for the buck? - YES!
Are you wanting to just fly, Inside, outside, Do video, FPV…. - just for playing inside and outside (have a 60x100x12high building)
Beginner, or 3D heli pilot ? - beginner, for 20 year old
Prefer not to go over $75 but considering the Traxxas QR-1 due to parts support and warranty.
papaweely is offline Find More Posts by papaweely
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:04 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Corvallis, OR
Joined Apr 2010
1,744 Posts
I usually fly fixed wing FPV, but recently I have gotten a micro 5.8ghz setup.
Looking to stick it on a micro quad. Already weighed every part out. Total
added weight to the micro quad would be ~17 grams. So my questions are these:

1. Can these ~30g quads take the extra 17 grams without a huge loss in
flight performance? (ex. The Q-BOT quadcopter)

2. If these micro quads just cannot take the 17g what would be a good
candidate for the extra load?

3. If there are no BNF micro quads that can handle the 17g load would it be
worthwhile to just build my own as small as I could get it?

Thanks in advance,

-Blues
Blueshy is offline Find More Posts by Blueshy
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:49 PM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshy View Post
I usually fly fixed wing FPV, but recently I have gotten a micro 5.8ghz setup.
Looking to stick it on a micro quad. Already weighed every part out. Total
added weight to the micro quad would be ~17 grams. So my questions are these:

1. Can these ~30g quads take the extra 17 grams without a huge loss in
flight performance? (ex. The Q-BOT quadcopter)

2. If these micro quads just cannot take the 17g what would be a good
candidate for the extra load?

3. If there are no BNF micro quads that can handle the 17g load would it be
worthwhile to just build my own as small as I could get it?

Thanks in advance,

-Blues
The Minis can handle it without much difficulty. The micros, you'll need to shed as much weight as possible, both on the quad as well as the camera. I've slimmed my 808 cam down to 11 grams with a dedicated 90 mAh battery. My AP and future FPV platform:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1813540
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:55 PM
Happy Holidays
Joined Jan 2013
961 Posts
Guy wanting to buy traxus for 75?the x4 is half price of that and the same thing.why worry about a warrenty when you can get more replced for thesame amount.your warrenty will send you a new quad a new x4 will give u a new quad battery charger.thats why its no questions asked lol.
Someone else added that fpv system to a x4 as well 5.8 grams.they choped a little off the nose to seat it better but the things pretty tuff.u can trim off a very small amount of weight with a dremel tool on the inside as well.the thing is though i would want to fly a little farther with fpv but im not sure how far they go its been snowy out here and i only went as high as i could go once.it was pretty darn high but you awalys want more.im new but you tube has alot of videos
AnthonysQuad is offline Find More Posts by AnthonysQuad
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:12 AM
Scratch-Built 250 Quads + 450
Antarctica
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
Hi guys I need your help with something

I own many micro and mini rtf quads but I am looking for something more hobby grade. Could you guys tell me if the following setup would work:
1. Turnigy Pcb integrated quad v2
2. Db9116 tx with turnigy rx
3. X250 cf frame
4. I already own the right battery and charger
Thx.
-Chris
Rcnewbiechris is offline Find More Posts by Rcnewbiechris
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:46 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,066 Posts
(Quote) AnthonysQaud
Guy wanting to buy traxus for 75?the x4 is half price of that and the same thing.why worry about a warrenty when you can get more replced for thesame amount.your warrenty will send you a new quad a new x4 will give u a new quad battery charger.thats why its no questions asked lol.
Someone else added that fpv system to a x4 as well 5.8 grams.they choped a little off the nose to seat it better but the things pretty tuff.u can trim off a very small amount of weight with a dremel tool on the inside as well.the thing is though i would want to fly a little farther with fpv but im not sure how far they go its been snowy out here and i only went as high as i could go once.it was pretty darn high but you awalys want more.im new but you tube has alot of videos

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think much the same, when the mqx came out I wanted it but decided to hold off to see how well they did. Seems it was a hit, hobby stocked parts, dependable quality and great support. BNF was $179.99 now $119.99. When I read that I could have a RTF clone (V929) that could use Local hobby shop mqx parts at a $46 shipped price the WLToys had my attention.

Yesterday when I Got my V959 Stuck in the top of one of the tallest pine trees we have around here I was glad it was only a $68 RTF Quad and not a $120 BNF.
There was no way it was coming down on its own, I got it down by shooting it out whit a hyper dog. Damage was Landing gear came apart (all found) one back leg pulled apart only breaking the wires.
I run new wires and it is working, hey do the new fiber legs come with wire harness Not shown as included?
Very tough bird

I’m sure warranty does not cover fly away, stuck in tree, shot out of tree, run over by car. Or dog ate it.
Last edited by Hellysmack; Feb 10, 2013 at 10:54 AM.