HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:06 PM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
@beerassassin What I great idea, how many defenseless beers did you have to kill off before you thought of it.
As to E2's comment I think the quality is somewhat degraded when YT copys a video?
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:19 PM
Joined Dec 2012
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
For those using the v939 FC for their future frakenbuilds. Here's a photo, annotated.

-------------------------------------------------------
image attached for easier thread tool searching

my v939's motors spin at the opposite direction. will this have an effect on the stability of my v939?
massimopaolo28 is online now Find More Posts by massimopaolo28
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:04 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,186 Posts
Well, my 939 is new in the box and its motors are rotating opposite to what is shown in that diagram.
So, you should be fine methinks.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:44 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
MAN!!! I have to say, the quality of your video is amazing !!! (I remember the times when you could not even get remotely close to this with cams that would cost several K
thanks! like Stevez1kart pointed out, when I watched the youtube version and the original recording back-to-back, the youtube version was noticeably worse quality (unfortunately).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez1kart View Post
@beerassassin What I great idea, how many defenseless beers did you have to kill off before you thought of it.
As to E2's comment I think the quality is somewhat degraded when YT copys a video?
thanks, I'll just say my buddy and I like to scheme these types of things

here's a photo of the setup as of now. flying weight is 42.2g including the foam canopy and 350mah flight battery that I'm also using to power the camera (on the side in the photo).

edit: I went back tonight and cleaned up the tape covering the microphone, because it was only partially covered. I'm hoping covering it completely will get rid of that loud high-pitched humming sound that I'm thinking is caused by the wind hitting the mic at certain angles. I like the hearing the sound of the motors working otherwise
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Last edited by flying toaster; Feb 04, 2013 at 01:57 AM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:44 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,368 Posts
I went by MystMan's diagram and asked for confirmation after someone said the same thing as you guys. But I haven't seen any confirmation until now.

Now that at least three people have said it spins opposite, it's good enough for me to upload a revised edition. Thanks.

BRB
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:30 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,146 Posts
Onboard telemetry system ??

Again, new quad from BG with onboard telemetry only $35 RTF shipped!! Is it true??
http://www.banggood.com/...4g-4ch-4-Axis-Radio-Control-Ufo-With-Gyro-p-64632.html
Quote:
Features:
Onboard telemetry system enables real-time monitoring of receiver, gyro, mix control and speed setting.
In-built telemetry function also enables and simplifies flight battery voltage monitoring.
The latest 6-axis flight control system, with adjustable gyro sensitivity, permits super stable flight.
The attractive, durable and lifelike simulation-design canopy delights with its bright colors and state-of-the-art workmanship.
8.5x8.5mm micro mutli-rotor uses a super lightweight airframe with excellent durability.
7mm coreless motors offer immediate response and superb efficiency.
Stability and agility in flight simplify professional 3D maneuvers like pirouettes, 3D fun flips, rolls and more.
Compatible with the DEVO series radios (S type required for telemetry information).
bangkomit is offline Find More Posts by bangkomit
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:51 PM
XFM
eXperimental Flying Machines
Joined Aug 2010
406 Posts
No LCD screen = no telemetry on stock TX

Quote:
Compatible with the DEVO series radios (S type required for telemetry information).
= extra $$$ for a telemetry capable Walkera TX.
XFM is offline Find More Posts by XFM
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:39 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,647 Posts
OK, I am getting ready to use some of these replacement motors on my Mqx, but I can't tell which ones are CC or CCW. One has black and white wires and there is an A which might mean Anti clockwise. and the others have blue and red wires with a C on the label. Are those Clockwise? And how about polarity? red/blue - is red positive? white/black - is white positive?
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:08 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
OK, I am getting ready to use some of these replacement motors on my Mqx, but I can't tell which ones are CC or CCW. One has black and white wires and there is an A which might mean Anti clockwise. and the others have blue and red wires with a C on the label. Are those Clockwise? And how about polarity? red/blue - is red positive? white/black - is white positive?
On all my quads, the black/white is ccw, blue/red is cw. White and red wire are connected to the positive pads on the board.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:16 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,647 Posts
OK thanks so it looks like I had it right. I am jut going to replace the failing motor on my mqx right now because the others might last a while. I don't have more than 30 flights on the bird. Just one corner keeps dropping in flight.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:52 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,368 Posts
Photo has been updated and the updated photo should be reflected on all the previous post above. Thanks.

Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:37 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,368 Posts
Youtube will degrade your video quality a little if it's not perfectly set up for it. I remember reading about a method to output your video in a YouTube compatible format that doesn't require YouTube to have to do any compression on it, thus altering the video quality.

A lot of the people who want to showcase high quality video uses Vimeo for that. I forget whether the RCG detects Vimeo video and embeds them like the YouTube ones.

Just some options to consider.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:51 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,346 Posts
Quote:
Youtube will degrade your video quality a little if it's not perfectly set up for it. I remember reading about a method to output your video in a YouTube compatible format that doesn't require YouTube to have to do any compression on it, thus altering the video quality.

A lot of the people who want to showcase high quality video uses Vimeo for that. I forget whether the RCG detects Vimeo video and embeds them like the YouTube ones.

Test:
hubsan x4 in wind (2 min 8 sec)

Yupp, it will be embedded
-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:04 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
Quote:

I'm trying to wrap my head around this. when I initially went to upload my video direct from my micro SD card, I got a message saying something like it needed to be optimized for best results on youtube (forgot the exact language they used). they linked me here to follow these steps, which I did using iMovie:
http://support.google.com/youtube/bi...wer=58134&rd=1

is that the method you're referring to? after following the steps and exporting the video, the video went from ~180MB to a little over 900MB. this made it take much longer to upload, but I'm not sure if it really made much of a difference.

I created a Vimeo account last night actually, so I'll give that a try. not that my video is that high quality, but it would be nice if it wasn't degraded. I think the max upload per week is 500MB with the free version of Vimeo though, so I'll have to keep that in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
Test:
Yupp, it will be embedded
-mike-
thanks
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:22 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkomit View Post

Again, new quad from BG with onboard telemetry only $35 RTF shipped!! Is it true??
http://www.banggood.com/...4g-4ch-4-Axis-Radio-Control-Ufo-With-Gyro-p-64632.html
Cool, a telemetry enabled Devo compatiable wee quad with Alu. arms!
pre-order tho.... I wonder what it's target date is? I'd be interested in buying and trying this tiny clone with it's Devo compatiabilty.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb