SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:17 PM
Joined Feb 2013
1 Posts
I'm new to quads and got a Hubsan X4 micro, I tried flying indoors without touching walls or roof or furniture,
it crashed many times, lost props n motors twice. Spares are quite expensive.
Luckily I had those and replaced, have made custom foam bumpers like in The HCW 553,
flies like a charm. Rotors are not exposed anymore and don't have to spend mode on spares.
maxharsha is offline Find More Posts by maxharsha
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:21 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
@neobot
Short question: Why do you extensively use questionmarks (?) ?
It's hard to read
because i am asking questions? btw if you find ? hard to read you might have a bit of a problem editing code!
neobot is online now Find More Posts by neobot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:35 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
paparazzibot made it to the wall street journal
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:41 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Thanks for that neobot.

My quads are always prepped for surgery. LOL

Question is, should I outfit my v929 frames with the board you mention or build out a Nanoquad with the NanoWii FC?

What are you thoughts on getting acc, bar, sonar and gyro in a compact form factor that can still be feasible on these brushed motor quad like the X1? Is that the direction you're going?

Do we have to go to the big quads to find a board with all those feature onboard?

It'll be nice to build out a more "toy level" UAV.
well that nanowii board has a whole quad built for it thats very nice if your eventually going to go brushless anyway its a great place to start? make a real nice veeeery sporty mqx sorta sized quad

ummmm sensors lol well heres the problem everyone seems to gloss over! XY and Z your axises of movement and PID the three points you have to fine tune to make each sensor work right

so think of it like this gyro only still eans you have to master PID setting to make it fly as good as the toys (they have already tuned the gyro to the quad but it was one guys opinion on tuning that defines how all these quads fly differently with the same sensors?

ten people tuning the same sensors on different days in different wind conditions or different sized rooms yeilds different results each sensor has been fine tuned to work well within the given parameters only thing is we will have no idea what those flying conditions were till we buy the quad and fly in the same weather conditions as see that the uad flies great lol or not

when we can tune our own PID we can define how a sensor will react to given conditions or tune 2 exact same quads to fly totally different depending on the user

i look at a lot of these "toys" and think if only i could lower P or raise D or change I this quad would fly great in 15mph winds (x1)or it would be rock steady in ground effect (mini pet) or i could take the aggressiveness of the auto level (x4)

now i have quite a good idea on how to tune everything bar gps (got 2 new in packages from around christmas) as ive been tuning sensors since the helicommand 3d was a brand new item but all these sensors cost money soo the jury is still out on whether i go down the full compliment of sensors route lol i have quite a few quads for that already
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:48 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,493 Posts
Makes complete sense. I hear ya with the programming. That's why I wished someone can figure out how to edit the toy FC so we can adjust the it's programming to taste instead of be stuck with what the chinese engineer specified. I guess that's the difference between the RTF quads and a more hobby grade quad.

I guess I'll await your build log. Sounds like fun when going in at the ground level versus a thread 1000 post in and having to catch up, weeding the useful info from the forum noise.

Programming, hacks, modding. All that is welcome by me. Just need direction on where to start.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:31 PM
A Texan abroad
Joined Oct 2011
936 Posts
OK guys, I've read a few pages, but I'm still a bit confused. Which is the best all around quad of the Syma X1/V949 size, or are they basically all the same? I've heard good stuff about the X1, but the V949 looks like it has a faster roll rate. I've had a Syma co-axial before and it was great; however, I have no experience with WL toys thus so far.

They all seem to be compatible with the 9X, which is not huge, but an added bonus in my opinion. Also, I would like to take parts availability into consideration so that WHEN it breaks (not if), I will be able to fix it. Of course, radio, build quality, stability, and agility should be taken into consideration, but in this general size, which one is the one to get, or are they all the same?
torque roll is offline Find More Posts by torque roll
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:40 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,493 Posts
No. They are not the same. I'd take a v929 or v949 over the X1 anytime. Parts are readily available.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:29 PM
A Texan abroad
Joined Oct 2011
936 Posts
Thanks. Is there any difference in flight characteristics? Battery compatibility, ect.?
torque roll is offline Find More Posts by torque roll
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:15 PM
Joined Dec 2012
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxharsha View Post
I'm new to quads and got a Hubsan X4 micro, I tried flying indoors without touching walls or roof or furniture,
it crashed many times, lost props n motors twice. Spares are quite expensive.
Luckily I had those and replaced, have made custom foam bumpers like in The HCW 553,
flies like a charm. Rotors are not exposed anymore and don't have to spend mode on spares.

Can you please post a photo of your custom foam bumpers. I also burned out my motor in less than 10 flights with my v939.
Planning to buy lots of motors and props on banggood. Will also but canopy to protect the propellers, do you think this
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ud...2-p-54126.html or this http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Hc...1-p-56093.html will fit the v939?
massimopaolo28 is online now Find More Posts by massimopaolo28
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:54 AM
United States, WA, Kent
Joined Sep 2001
718 Posts
@neobot - thanks for all the info. Gets me pretty darn excited for whats in store.

/off to do some reading on MultiWii...
joemi is offline Find More Posts by joemi
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:07 AM
Joined Sep 2012
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by massimopaolo28 View Post
Planning to buy lots of motors and props on banggood. Will also but canopy to protect the propellers, do you think this
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ud...2-p-54126.html or this http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Hc...1-p-56093.html will fit the v939?
Walkera Ladybird New Canopy Review with short flight (9 min 0 sec)
username2620 is offline Find More Posts by username2620
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:34 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemi View Post
@neobot - thanks for all the info. Gets me pretty darn excited for whats in store.

/off to do some reading on MultiWii...
your welcome
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:12 PM
Slovakia, Trencin
Joined Jun 2012
60 Posts
Hi guys please help

is true that I have time to ask the RC group but let me ask again.
and because I did not learn too much

at
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Rc...0-0_page1.html
a large number Quadcopters and I can not choose.
As I understand the great differences between them not to mention that some are more like miniature palm of your hands. so definitely do not want-

Looking for someone who would advise me to buy and what are the differences between Nimy

I would like the most, stable for years of quiet loping do not need - maybe wonder about micro FPV but at least I will certainly ride keycam 808 # 18

I like something like Wltoys v959

jano101 is offline Find More Posts by jano101
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:21 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
had some onboard cam fun with my buddy driving me around. this was our second run. didn't edit the video.

Circling the block using 808 #16 V2 Lens D mounted on LB V1 (3 min 44 sec)
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Last edited by flying toaster; Feb 03, 2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:45 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
had some onboard cam fun with my buddy driving me around. this was our second run. didn't edit the video.
... snip vid
MAN!!! I have to say, the quality of your video is amazing !!! (I remember the times when you could not even get remotely close to this with cams that would cost several K
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread