HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:21 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Hey, x4 shell with a FlySky compatible board is what I have been thinking too but haven't purchased the parts. So I am highly interested in the result.

I am worry that the board won't fit. Possibly need to cut two corners on the FlySky compatible board to make it fit into the x4 shell.

I also noticed hubsan has a couple of more colors coming out.

My question is, should i go for a h36 or v939 board?
I have both V939 and the H36 and I definitely say go for the H36 board. As far as a quicker yaw is concerned, that can easily be adjusted with the TH9X. The H36 is just an all around better performer, especially with the TH9X. It is much more stable and responsive and I'm convinced that it's the board itself that is superior and not just the motors or any other components.

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:57 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
I have both V939 and the H36 and I definitely say go for the H36 board. As far as a quicker yaw is concerned, that can easily be adjusted with the TH9X.
But even then the v939 Yaw rate is higher.
It depends on what you are achieving with these hybrids.
I use the v939 as trainer for my upcoming "bigger" brushless project as this is a very agile and twitchy one with tendencies to break out.
Often hard to handle, but has a good learning effect if you can handle it.
I love and hate the v939 hybrids

The H36 is very stable, no tendencies to break out and very good lifting power with UDI motorarms. It's really a fun micro to fly nealy higspeed indoors.

FYI: I only fly my hybrids with a FlySky FS-TH9X
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Jan 06, 2013, 12:32 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,179 Posts
Quote:
Hey, x4 shell with a FlySky compatible board is what I have been thinking too but haven't purchased the parts. So I am highly interested in the result.

I am worry that the board won't fit. Possibly need to cut two corners on the FlySky compatible board to make it fit into the x4 shell.

I also noticed hubsan has a couple of more colors coming out.
It will definetly a hard part - loosing 2mm width at the H36 board and gaining another 1,5mm in the shell to make it fit.....
The idea of a decent shell made FSky-compatible was all it needed to try - spares enough to just test.... the better part are the three connectors for LEDs - this means - keeping original blue eyes - PLUS adding 8 smd-navlights - will be needed when it is near as fast as described....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
WOW - finally... (too late for me.....) Good find! Thanks Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayodhya View Post
That's perfect, hey Jim, mike, do you guys think its ok if I order the lady bird props for my x4 from bang good ? Will those pros mess up the performance ?
LB props, UDI, Stock X4 - I got them all - maybe I can get my hands on some 3 bladed 2inch props, too - getting them CCW is a problem, though.
I still prefer the LB props because of creating some steadyness - in performance the stock props are as good, but a bit twitchier (and more fragile..)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogrope1 View Post
That's what I use on mine, I find that they actually improve overall performance and they make the bird less noisy. I won't use the crappy original
ones anymore.
They are not crappy, just light/fragile.
The X4 is NO tank, not bulletproof and NO "throw-me-around-and-kick-me-beginners-quad". It is is a delicate, well designed piece of artwork imho and should be treated as such.
For hard misuse get/build a Chuck-Norris-Hybride ( I still like the name, Myst!)

Jm2C
-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 12:39 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
346 Posts
I never noticed the quicker yaw on my V939 but then again I only flew it a few times as I was so disgusted by it's performance (or rather, lack there of). My only hybrid was a V929 board and frame with Ladybird motor arms and props. It had a tendency to wobble at certain rpm's but was otherwise quite flyable. Better than my V939. I had a hard time finding a canopy that would fit but I finally found a plastic fruit cup that was just the right size. After I bought a Ladybird V1 I scrapped the hybrid project and just kept it for parts.

Gerard.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 12:59 PM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
I ordered mine months ago at baserc - and had a lot of trouble even getting them - they sold marked as stock without having them - told me then they will backorder, then - no, we will not getting any - and I made some rant - now finally they arrived.... in the meaenwhile i ordered another packs at wonderland.. long with me.. now i'm swimming in spares
-mike-
(who will be dismissed home TODAY! Hooray for me
Haha I hope you can hear and pinpoint a bad motor now that your dismissed... Did you do what I told you to do with the nurse?
Good to have you back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post

Jim! You are making me broke hehe... I'm now the owner of a couple of X4s, (3 +1 that I'm flying) Lb 2 sets motor cup, just for the rubber bit for my X4, 16 lb props, 5Cw 7mm & 5ccw motors, 2 X4 hulls, 6Lipos, lube, elmers glue.

Thank you as always, for the advice, and suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogrope1 View Post
That's what I use on mine, I find that they actually improve overall performance and they make the bird less noisy. I won't use the crappy original
ones anymore.
Hehe dude cheers for the info... Very appreciated , ordered 4 sets of the props!

Mike ain't the only one whose swimming in spares soon!

Thank you gents... Lol I'm officially broke to by lunch and dinner, in definitely!
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:09 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,071 Posts
I heard the v939 is a different bird with good LiPO. And possibly different props(?)

I like twitchiness. It usually translate to agility. And the faster yaw rate is appealing. Gonna have to own both then.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:15 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayodhya View Post
Haha I hope you can hear and pinpoint a bad motor now that your dismissed... Did you do what I told you to do with the nurse?
Good to have you back!
No such luck! still near to deaf right ear... stress induced - so 4 weeks recovery prescribed.... (hooray to me paid time off for flying...)

My wife smuggled my X4- battle case yesterday evening in - so I had some real fast fly-by's at the night nurse desk ( at 23:00 o'clock) - she was really a screamer-type and scared to death.... and a short trip at the heli-port on roof-top at midnight.
Absolutely a thrill to start a tiny X4 on the edge of a 8 story-builing - flying in the night..... and getting it back in time......
-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:18 PM
Darwin of quadcopter canopies
Finland, Espoo
Joined Jun 2011
143 Posts
I've seen some quads with heli landing skids, and they look pretty nice.
Would someone know of a suitable one for the Vitality H36 ?
John_Edward is online now Find More Posts by John_Edward
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:00 PM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Edward View Post
X2 but that will work on a V939
References have been CP landing gear but what brand or make?
Better yet dose someone have a link to the ones that look like legs for the beetle?
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:09 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
346 Posts
Quote:
I heard the v939 is a different bird with good LiPO. And possibly different props(?)

I like twitchiness. It usually translate to agility. And the faster yaw rate is appealing. Gonna have to own both then.
I also like a twitchy response. I usually dial in a lot of negative expo for more responsiveness but even with the 45C Nanotechs (although the V939 is a bit more responsive than with their stock lipo's) II still find it to be quite sluggish and not very stable compared to the H36. I am seriously disappointed in the V939. I really like most all the other products put out by WL Toys, although I'm really pissed that they dropped the Flysky protocol in their more recent products (I'm sure they will be losing many customers over this) but they really missed the mark with the V939.
Of course this is all just my experience with it. YMMV.

Gerard.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:18 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
The best v939 Hybrid combination I tested:

- v939 board
- H36 Frame
- UDI U816 motorarms
- Mini pet Canopy (I like the bee one)
- UDI Props or QR LB props
- Turnigy Nanotech 300mah 45C-90C

** No need to solder, it's real plug'n'fly ***

You get a agile, twitchy beast with good lifting power.

The v939 stock frame, arms , motoholders and motors make the v939 too slow.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:21 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
346 Posts
Banggood is offering an 8% discount for the hubsan x4 making it only $39.50 shipped.
Coupon code can be found here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=187

At that price I couldn't resist and so I finally ordered one.
I can't wait to see how well it will stack up against all my other micro quads.

Gerard.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:00 PM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Edward View Post
Here you have a pic of my Ladybird with H-36 frame and Benma Helios landing-gear.
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:00 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenkryparen View Post
Here you have a pic of my Ladybird with H-36 frame and Benma Helios landing-gear.
Cool mod. Does the battery fit into the helios tray without modifying the gear (Ok, the tray on the H36 has to be cut)?

What's the weight of the gear ?
What's the weight of this H36 without battery ?
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:26 PM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
Cool mod. Does the battery fit into the helios tray without modifying the gear (Ok, the tray on the H36 has to be cut)?

What's the weight of the gear ?
What's the weight of this H36 without battery ?
Total weight including canopy is 26,6 gram.

Battery fit fine in the Helios tray.

The L-gear is heavy, but bullet proof . Have tried V911 L-gear, but its weak and flimsy.
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen