SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:02 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
If MJX put as much thought into the design of the X100 as they did with the F45, it should be a good little quad - rtf out of the box, durable, good flight times.

I can't wait for your first impression . . .

regards . . . g
I`ll be sure to post my thoughts on it as soon as I recieve it!
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:16 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
358 Posts
I just ordered these fiber optic lights to try to install on my v929. Looks like they should work OK. and look pretty cool too Any thoughts from our resident lighting experts? Or non-experts?

Name: AEO-NF101_LRG.jpg
Views: 44
Size: 54.9 KB
Description:

Name: AEO-NFFOS-B.jpg
Views: 48
Size: 37.7 KB
Description: I
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:21 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Been out flying and decided to shoot some photos... I am an addict and I don't want to be treated!!!
Is there a Quad-copters Anonymous???

That HotenX Looks Awesome! Must be a blast to fly that thing. Too bad I can't afforde it
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:36 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
358 Posts
I ordered the Syma X1 from Banggood when their site said shipping in 1 to 3 days, I noticed that it changed today to not shipping till Auust 31 . I've been trying to contact them to see if they can change it for the MJX X100 since it should be shipping in 1 to 3 days. I'm hoping that the X100 will end up being a better quad. Anybody have any thoughts? I'll probably end up getting the Syma X1 later anyway unless I hear really bad things about it.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:50 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
Is there a Quad-copters Anonymous???

That HotenX Looks Awesome! Must be a blast to fly that thing. Too bad I can't afforde it
LOL I think we do need to set up a quadcopters anonymous... I'm so addicted to these quads that I look for every bit of spare time to fly... Even to the point of brining them to work!

The HotenX is quite a blast to fly indeed...especially the sound it makes when it wooshes by you at full speed (sends shivers down my spine) but yeah the price is quite intimidating.. If it weren't for the sample I wouldn't have been able to afford it myself. Think the real difference is the wow factor though, I do believe the ladybird comes darn close in performance (for a fraction of the price)

Regarding the X100 and the others, I think we should do a review that compares them on a range of different criterias... Like the way the car magazines compare cars...but that would require getting a few quads and that would cost quite a bit...eek
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 10, 2012, 04:23 PM
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doblao View Post
For the manufacturers....I think it would be a great idea to add compass to the board and a switch in the tx to activate carefree mode (carefree mode ensures the quad go forward when you push forward no matter where the quad is pointing...and same in the other directions)....As many of you already know the range of these micro is by far longer than the LOS...so its really easy to lost orientation when flying them...so I think that to add compass function would really be a nice add on.
Just my two cents,
Jose
The New AR Drone 2 has this ability and is a nice feature, works great.
denodan is offline Find More Posts by denodan
Old Aug 10, 2012, 07:49 PM
Joined Dec 2010
180 Posts
To Aaron qin
Can You check e-mail I send to you yesterday about order #81998
I send you some pic, the heli damage by the person packed on tight box,
thank You
dienson is offline Find More Posts by dienson
Old Aug 10, 2012, 08:15 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dienson View Post
To Aaron qin
Can You check e-mail I send to you yesterday about order #81998
I send you some pic, the heli damage by the person packed on tight box,
thank You
I passed your post to Aaron, he knows about it now and he says he'll forward it to customer service
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:33 PM
So Cal
Joined May 2008
2,633 Posts
What's up with Banggood?

I ordered a QR Ladybird V2 7 days ago when it was in stock and they still haven't shipped it.

It's the first time I've ordered from them and was wondering if this was typical.

Edit: Even though it showed in stock when I paid for it and in stock twice since then and in stock now, they tell me they are out of stock.

So BUYER BEWARE.
flyzwell is offline Find More Posts by flyzwell
Last edited by flyzwell; Aug 11, 2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:33 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,991 Posts
U 816 flys very nice but is quick and easy to get rocking and rolling. Harder to fly then V929 but then again its much smaller. I may try to fly it at full rates and see if control is better. The V929 is easier to fly on 60% than 40%. On lower rates quad needs alot of imput to get it doing what you want. U 816 had no issues with motors getting warm or hot. I fly mine and don't stay hovering, same with helis. Get them moving and flying some. I may get Walkera Ladybug V2 or a V1 bnf. Have a Devo 7 so don't need a Devo 4. I think Ladybug v1 and MQX/Horten are best mico quads out there, but others are very good also. Mini Pet looks good..ahhh so many and list gets longer every month.
U 816 uses conectors like Walkera and fit is tight but if patient work well. I bought mine from T-mart and shipping is free and price was $44.95 about same as Bang good V929 but you don't wait weeks if in USA. If you order early in week you will fly it by the weekend.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:44 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,808 Posts
Does the smaller U816 cuts through winds better? I have heard that smaller quads perform (as compared to the V929) better in the winds.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Aug 11, 2012, 01:26 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,443 Posts
The smaller model has more relative mass and higher headspeed, so that would be a logical conclusion. I found the Ladybird's biggest shortcoming was it's size. Very hard to see well at any distance.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:08 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
The smaller model has more relative mass and higher headspeed, so that would be a logical conclusion. I found the Ladybird's biggest shortcoming was it's size. Very hard to see well at any distance.
And flying larger quads makes it worse!! I've been flying the Hoten lately and recently when I try to fly the ladybird I've been losing orientation quite regularly... Hope I won't lose it...it's so much fun to fly!
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:29 PM
Joined Aug 2011
40 Posts
MJX-X100 mini review

I received my MJX-X100 yesterday
I open the box, there are :
- the TX (in mode 2),
- a set of 4 spare blades,
- 1 LiPo 1s,300mAh, 15C, size: w=21mm, h=6mm, l=31mm
- a USB charger for the LiPo,
- no screw driver (you need one to open the AA tray, 3xAA are needed).

As mentionned earlier, I was looking for a small cheap quad with a mode 1 TX.
I quickly search in the small manual (sorry Aaron, it is fully in chinese, but I'm in China now and have ordered it from taobao, so may be the english/chinese version is available) and was successful in having a mode 1 TX
The swithches on the right/left side of the TX are for throttle position up = right stick, down = left stick.

To check I was really in mode 1, I hold the quad in my hand put a bit throttle and check the result of moving each stick.

While doing this something strange happened several times, the motors start alone with the throttle stick fully down, I was thinking, may be the trim... so I click 20 times the throttle trim, but the motors start again several times without any stick input... (checked again with the used LiPo before to write this post, seems ok now, don't know what happened)

The TX has one button for 3D stunt (I didn't try this indoor) a pot. to adjust the throotle max and two switches (elev/rudd to switch ail. from right to left stick, so we get 4 modes available for this TX) and (norm/pro, I guess a kind a D/R).

About the quality of the TX... the right stick can be moved about 4 mm from right to left in the neutral position , that won't help me (there is not this problem in mode 2!!!)

So just a small indoor flight, because motors that start on their own, I don't like this at all

It is very fast to go one way or another compared to my SoloPros... and it was a bit difficult to not overcompensate at the beginning, may be it is easier on high rate and outside... but it is really funny, the four LED (2 white at the rear 2 blue/red in front) help for the orientation. I cannot compare with other quads, it is my first one...

No flying time, because I tested a lot of things before to start...

The usb charger needed 45mn to fully charge the LiPo (walkera style plug).

Here is my mini-review, if you have any question feel free to ask...
Sure someone more experienced with quads will add more information!

Last thing, on the back side of the box, it is written: "For sale in mainland China only" because of the frequency used, so may be this model is specific for China... but there is the "CE" logo on the back of the TX

I need some more LiPo, what is the best choice for 1S 300mAh, 15C or more?
___FP is offline Find More Posts by ___FP
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:41 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2007
299 Posts
I have been flying my SH6043 for some time and yesterday, when I crashed it on the wall after an unsuccessful attempt of high speed indoor flight, one of the motors failed.

I tried opening up the canopy and was disappointed by the fact that the motors are not replaceable unless I am prepared to do a bit of soldering. Guess the SH6043 has seen the best of its day.

Time for retirement and to welcome my Minipet which is currently on its way from HK.
TFMeouch is offline Find More Posts by TFMeouch