Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:58 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Thanks Ben!

oh and mystman's right, the 959 is not turnigy compatible..neither will future WLToys products unfortunately.
Thatís too bad!
Why would they turn their back on such a selling point?
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:09 AM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben View Post
Sorry about the late Response. Mini pet is more stable and requires much less attention to fly successfully indoors In a small space. The 202 is much quieter and more maneuverable. It does however, require your complete attention indoors. Throttle response is much smoother with the 202. There is no ratchet. My sample of the 202 requires a lot of back and right trim. But once you get the trim set it flies great.

Having said all that if you flown helicopter at all You will have zero trouble with the Mini pet or the 202. I have fun With both and do not regret their purchases at all. Massive Overkill And James have provided great advice and an excellent set of products/accessories.

Ben
Thanks Ben, it's not just yours, every single one we've sent out required alot of backwards trim. It's as if the V202 needs to be moving in order to get its bearings, which could be why it's so stable in extreme conditions and fast flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
Only V929,V939,V949 can be used with the same TX and are FlySky (9x) compatible

Additionally : Syma X1 , Vitality H36 and HCW 553
Thanks for the update Mystman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellysmack View Post
Thatís too bad!
Copyright costs to use the protocol most likely.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:11 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,269 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Ben!

oh and mystman's right, the 959 is not turnigy compatible..neither will future WLToys products unfortunately.
whatta suicidal tendency....but as I see the canopy designs and the "disco-LED Apocalypse" I'm not suprised with this stupidity...
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:01 AM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellysmack View Post
That’s too bad!
no more wl toys for me, this really burns me up starting with the v202 then the 922.
tonytester frown frown frown
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:02 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
no more wl toys for me, this really burns me up starting with the v202 then the 922.
tonytester
Same to me, sadly true
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:58 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,269 Posts
Quote:
Same to me, sadly true
+1 same here...
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:02 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
873 Posts
James Thanks dude !

Oh & guys do you know where I can get a fc board for the x4 ? I also need spares including motors , props , spare hull .

Cheers !

Ps- any of you gents know if the wl 929 motors are the same as the x4 motors ?

Quote:
@Ayo,
Of the (more than 10 types) of micro quads I've flown, I believe the RC EYE One is the only one that can teach the beginner the basics and grow with them all the way until they are ready for a larger, more advanced aircraft. It is extremely durable, I've taught a few complete beginners to fly with it already...but under expert mode, It can fly at the edge of my comfort/skill level.

And I have to mention the unparalleled customer service standards I've experienced first hand from RCLogger... it is the standard I want our company to meet one day.

Here's a shameless plug of the review I wrote of this quad. It is number one on my list of favorites and I think it'll stay there for quite a bit of time to come.
RC EYE One REVIEW - By JamesChen072
Ayodhya is online now Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:15 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayodhya View Post
Ps- any of you gents know if the wl 929 motors are the same as the x4 motors ?
No, v929 ar 8.5mm and X4 are 7mm (like v939,u816 etc)
These motors are known to work :
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-7m...r-p-51897.html
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:16 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben View Post
Sorry about the late Response. Mini pet is more stable and requires much less attention to fly successfully indoors In a small space. The 202 is much quieter and more maneuverable. It does however, require your complete attention indoors. Throttle response is much smoother with the 202. There is no ratchet. My sample of the 202 requires a lot of back and right trim. But once you get the trim set it flies great.

Having said all that if you flown helicopter at all You will have zero trouble with the Mini pet or the 202. I have fun With both and do not regret their purchases at all. Massive Overkill And James have provided great advice and an excellent set of products/accessories.

Ben
Thank you. I have the MJX x100 (aka Mini Pet) and I thoroughly enjoy flying it, especially as it's all indoors for me at this time of year.

My current quads, in order of preference, are RC Eye One, MJX x100, WL-v929 and MJX-x200. I also have a number of fixed pitch helis ranging from v911 to MJX F45 but I find them mostly occupying shelf space at this time.

I am trying to determine if the v202, or any other new release, would be a worthwhile addition to my quad fleet - a surprisingly difficult decision. It seems different quads appeal to different people, due to varying flying styles and preferences.

Some value hands off hover. Some want easy flips, some want easy to fly and some want speed, some even expect the ease of their 3ch coaxial . . .

I value responsive yet predictable and controllable for indoors, and speed when I have the space (and weather).

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:58 PM
Get Airborne
Sweden, SkŚne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
Thank you. I have the MJX x100 (aka Mini Pet) and I thoroughly enjoy flying it, especially as it's all indoors for me at this time of year.

My current quads, in order of preference, are RC Eye One, MJX x100, WL-v929 and MJX-x200. I also have a number of fixed pitch helis ranging from v911 to MJX F45 but I find them mostly occupying shelf space at this time.

I am trying to determine if the v202, or any other new release, would be a worthwhile addition to my quad fleet - a surprisingly difficult decision. It seems different quads appeal to different people, due to varying flying styles and preferences.

Some value hands off hover. Some want easy flips, some want easy to fly and some want speed, some even expect the ease of their 3ch coaxial . . .

I value responsive yet predictable and controllable for indoors, and speed when I have the space (and weather).

regards . . . g
LB QR V1 delivers a lot of these values, especially when used with a Devo 7E.

And some wind makes the flying even more fun.

I think you are worth a Lady Bird and a good transmitter (Devo 7E).
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:30 PM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,017 Posts
Quote:
Only V929,V939,V949 can be used with the same TX and are FlySky (9x) compatible

Additionally : Syma X1 , Vitality H36 and HCW 553
Yes thanks for this list these are options for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
tonytester frown frown frown
Agreed I now have no reason to look at the V202.
That stinks! I was interested in the V922
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:58 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenkryparen View Post
LB QR V1 delivers a lot of these values, especially when used with a Devo 7E.

And some wind makes the flying even more fun.

I think you are worth a Lady Bird and a good transmitter (Devo 7E).
I have never tried a Walkera product - when can you send me one?

My RC Eye One also has the range I like, from sleepy 'beginner' rates, to fun 'sport' mode, to 'I am too scared to try it indoors in Expert' mode.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:19 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,007 Posts
Anybody know anymore about the Redcon HiBird Mini quad that just popped up on BangGood? Supposely DSM2 compatible and thus sold as a BnF.

Found a video on YouTube:
REDCON HI-Bird Testing#1 (11 min 59 sec)
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:30 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,017 Posts
Also listed here, $41.96
http://www.himodel.com/multi_rotors/...ompatible.html
Interesting, I have a DX6i so will be watching this brand.
More detail on this link
http://www.hobbydesign-zone.com/ProductShow.asp?ID=176

Old Jan 03, 2013, 07:02 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,428 Posts
The new V959 Transmitter works with V939

I just received the V959 for review. As it is already 9pm, I couldn't do much except to try flying it around. I also tried binding it to the V939 and it works! Looks like they didn't change the protocol (yet).

FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG