HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:27 PM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,205 Posts
HAPPY NEW year every one!May your flights be long and your wait for orders be short this year.

Question
What is the difference between the V939 and the V202 Other than canopy?
Compared description on two sites and seems close to same thing.
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:45 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellysmack View Post
Question
Did you fly pack after pack, or let motors cool?
Did you keep motor shafts lubed, and clear of hair/lent?
Are you fast at dropping throttle as soon as you know its is going to crash?

On my MSR heli and old coaxial these seemed to promote motor life
Flights add up fast when your having fun you may have way more flights on those motors than you realize.

Anyone
There have been discussions (MSR, Champ, P51...)on breaking in motors on other threads, has any one done this on these qauds?
It's not like a traditional brushed motor that has commutator blocks that need to be worn in. They are just flat piece of metal with fingers so there's nothing to break in.

Quote:
HAPPY NEW year every one!May your flights be long and your wait for orders be short this year.

Question
What is the difference between the V939 and the V202 Other than canopy?
Compared description on two sites and seems close to same thing.
Happy New Year Hellysmack!! The canopy is different, but you can get it with the beetle canopy (preferred). The V202 is 6 axis and uses a proprietary protocol, whereas the V939 is 3 axis and is Turnigy 9X\FlySky compatible. The V202 is a much better flyer.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:17 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,531 Posts
Quote:
Did you fly pack after pack, or let motors cool?
I let them always cool down after one pack - easy when having 5 quads and 6 helis in a row
Quote:
Did you keep motor shafts lubed, and clear of hair/lent?
Always kept clean yes, but not lubed. Too much oil would get in the motors and make some mess in the commutators - I will burn out the brushes long before the motor's bearings will give in...
Nevertheless I know of some who use a sparest amount of tri-flow and made some good experiences.
Quote:
Are you fast at dropping throttle as soon as you know its is going to crash?
Absolutely, YES! (OK - this ruins a bit the behaviour needed when flying CP helis....)
Quote:
There have been discussions (MSR, Champ, P51...)on breaking in motors on other threads, has any one done this on these quads?
No doing good with high RPM micro hollow cup motors - they are metal brushed and will not break in. (e.g. all LB motor-type quads)
Bigger, graphite brushed motors may profite - 4-5 minutes at half throttle and dismounted props will suffice.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:22 PM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,205 Posts
Do I really want to open this can of worms, been in this debate before?

YES I agree, They are just flat piece of metal with fingers so there's nothing to break in.

With the Park zone planes there was a problem with some of the motors only lasting 4-5 flights before motor started squealing adding oil to motor shaft would help short term only to need to have squealing start again and the motors were not easy to get to. One person would fill the motor can with a light silicon oil run it and then empty out the lube. This seemed to work. I also tried this with good results. Looking back this did not break in the motor but only aloud the motor to lubricate itself with the oil that was still in side. (oil the bushing) I also did this to My champ and it is still going strong so did not hurt brushes at least in my case.

Could be comparing apples and oranges
The motors on the champ and MSR are both gear driven so would ware bushing faster. Also shaft is horizontal or down so it is not the same as the V939 were the shaft is up and any lube would run down across the brushes. I could see the dirty lube causing brushes to go out early.

I too would like to hear from others as to their experience in to lube or not to lube the motor shafts. I would think type of lube may make a difference also. Would not the graphite conduct causing conductivity to short across the brushes?

Last edited by Hellysmack; Jan 01, 2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:34 PM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
971 Posts
Hellysmack ,

I'm new to micro quads but I have both models you mention by name and several more. I have not had any premature problems so far with their motors. My philosophy is " If it's broken fix it... If it's not broken don't fix it." Heat is the enemy of performance. I fly multiple planes during the session so motors are never overheated. So far so good. The loudest models are Flyzones (Albatros and Dr-1) and this has to do with gearbox issues not motors. The new SE5a is notably quieter.

At this time I have only one Mini-Pet and one V202 from MO and James' . I have noticed that the V202 motors are warmer as is the battery after flight. Not hot just noticeable. I have been flying the heck out of them over the holidays. Time will tell.
gentle ben is offline Find More Posts by gentle ben
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:42 PM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben View Post
Hellysmack ,

I'm new to micro quads but I have both models you mention by name and several more. I have not had any premature problems so far with their motors. My philosophy is " If it's broken fix it... If it's not broken don't fix it." Heat is the enemy of performance. I fly multiple planes during the session so motors are never overheated. So far so good. The loudest models are Flyzones (Albatros and Dr-1) and this has to do with gearbox issues not motors. The new SE5a is notably quieter.

At this time I have only one Mini-Pet and one V202 from MO and James' . I have noticed that the V202 motors are warmer as is the battery after flight. Not hot just noticeable. I have been flying the heck out of them over the holidays. Time will tell.
I hear you:
Oiling my micros and micro servos has worked for me, with a micro pocket oiler it just barely gets the shaft wet.
http://www.harborfreight.com/refilla...pen-98850.html
From what I have read it seems to be a non issue with the quads.
One of the things I like about the Quads is that you donít have one motor doing all the work so they last longer, no servos to strip out and the clone parts are priced so fair.
Well have a tracking number for the v939 just waiting.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:03 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,362 Posts
I've actually found some of the V202 motors lubricated.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:06 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben View Post
Hellysmack ,

What's your opinion on the Mini Pet vs v202?

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:09 AM
Spain
Joined Jan 2010
457 Posts
compatibility

Question about compatbility

V202,V929,V939,V949 and V959 can be used with same TX?

Thanks in advance...best regards and happy new year

Saludos,

Jose
Doblao is offline Find More Posts by Doblao
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:12 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doblao View Post

Saludos,

Jose
Pretty sure the mini line all still use the same protocol
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:27 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
I've actually found some of the V202 motors lubricated.
The X4 comes with a drop on every shaft, too.
-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:42 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,379 Posts
The V959 transmitter looks really different. You can check out the V959 thread for more info.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:09 AM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
What's your opinion on the Mini Pet vs v202?

regards . . . g
Sorry about the late Response. Mini pet is more stable and requires much less attention to fly successfully indoors In a small space. The 202 is much quieter and more maneuverable. It does however, require your complete attention indoors. Throttle response is much smoother with the 202. There is no ratchet. My sample of the 202 requires a lot of back and right trim. But once you get the trim set it flies great.

Having said all that if you flown helicopter at all You will have zero trouble with the Mini pet or the 202. I have fun With both and do not regret their purchases at all. Massive Overkill And James have provided great advice and an excellent set of products/accessories.

Ben
gentle ben is offline Find More Posts by gentle ben
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:01 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Only V929,V939,V949 can be used with the same TX and are FlySky (9x) compatible

Additionally : Syma X1 , Vitality H36 and HCW 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doblao View Post

Saludos,

Jose
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:38 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Thanks Ben!

oh and mystman's right, the 959 is not turnigy compatible..neither will future WLToys products unfortunately.
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member