Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:28 PM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
Well switch out the props.

How do those two compare? Flight time? Speed? Precision? Orientation?
I considered swapping the props, but I've gotten used to using the colored props at the front for orientation. The LEDs can be switched off with the tx so, for now, I just leave them off.
The weather here today was bad so I didn't get to fly the 202 enough outside to make a fair comparison.
Murman is offline Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:22 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
have you guys seen this yet?

Lotus RC T80 RC Quad-Copter ARF. brushless mini in the + config.

http://www.xheli.com/09h001-t80-arf.html

edit: didn't search or anything guess it's not that new
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1705584
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Last edited by flying toaster; Dec 27, 2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:56 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sympster View Post
Anybody try it yet? Can't seem to find much info on it. Tmart has it in thier US warehouse. Price is right for $40 shipped.

http://www.tmart.com/Double-Horse-91...n_p169550.html
I was supposed to pick get one for review but haven't heard any updates on when it will arrive.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:59 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
have you guys seen this yet?

Lotus RC T80 RC Quad-Copter ARF. brushless mini in the + config.

http://www.xheli.com/09h001-t80-arf.html

Now that's pretty cool looking. Wish the booms were more robust looking and not sure about going to + after flying only x so far. But definitely a new division with the brushless setup. Looking forward to seeing some flight videos and info on this one. Going to be watching like a hawk for the rc logger 180 extreme. Have a feeling 2013 is going to be the year of the quads!
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:10 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
874 Posts
Hi guys,

Just wondering as Iv heard from numerous folks that the lady bird In comparison to many of the mini quadcopters in the market at present ranks rather high , if not is at the top of the ranks. Me being quite new to quads decided on getting one of these for practice, so that i can get a rather comfortable feel to flying the larger hobby grade quads. I was told by a very knowledgable person the only one that has TRUE hobby grade cyclic response is the Ladybird by Walkera. That It's the only one capable of achieving full control just like a real quad. The other ones all have automated flip functions that do not resemble flying a hobby grade quad. With that said what are your thoughts on the rc eye one by rc logger, yes I know it doesn't flip, but for me this is not a necessity as I require more towards flying only without acro.

What do u gents think of the ladybird v1 for me to practice before getting into larger quads ? Considering on all the mini quads available I wanna get the one which feels the most realistic to flying a hobby grade quad.

Also what is your opinion in terms of the rc eye one vs the ladybird v1 , again for the application of leaning to fly. The rc eye one seems very capable...

Would appreciate if you guys can share your thoughts ..

Cheers

Ayo
Ayodhya is online now Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:20 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
670 Posts
After few bad solders , my V929 board is scrap. I was satisfied the way it flew with my V911 transmitter. I noticed that the new available upgrade board is different. Will I get the same flying experience, flips and rolls, with a new upgrade 13$ board and my V911 transmitter ? Do I really miss something ?
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:42 AM
was a user.
Joined Sep 2011
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
That's sad. What happened?

i was enjoying flying high and it drifted and b4 i knew it it was beyond radio range. i was not quick on my witts to run towards it. it dropped on a roof top. i tried to go near the drop zone and re-bind to confirm location but i got no respond on the tx. anyway thats 65 euros well spent. i was high as high as it was hahaha. for now im grounded. be back on feb.
hanginkanluran is offline Find More Posts by hanginkanluran
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:43 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
After few bad solders , my V929 board is scrap. I was satisfied the way it flew with my V911 transmitter. I noticed that the new available upgrade board is different. Will I get the same flying experience, flips and rolls, with a new upgrade 13$ board and my V911 transmitter ? Do I really miss something ?
If you had one of the 4-plug boards, then new ones (8-plugs) would seem to yaw slower.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:43 AM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayodhya View Post
....With that said what are your thoughts on the rc eye one by rc logger, yes I know it doesn't flip, but for me this is not a necessity as I require more towards flying only without acro.
Ayo, I don't have a Ladybird to compare it to, but I do have the Eye One. In beginner mode, it is very limited in function. In sport mode, it is much more capable and responsive, but it does have the self-leveling feature still functional. In expert mode, the self-leveling is turned off and I would think this is how a full sized quad would fly. It is very challenging to fly in this mode. Since I still consider myself a beginner/novice quad flyer, I usually keep mine in sport mode.
Murman is offline Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Murman; Dec 29, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:36 AM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts

http://www.hobbytron.com/XQuad24GHz4...uadcopter.html

Just found a sneak peak of the brushless RC Logger Xtreme 180.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Novel...723146701.html
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Last edited by variantman; Dec 29, 2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:32 AM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,769 Posts
I would looooooooooooove to sit in on a typical marketing class or meeting in China
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:37 AM
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
I would looooooooooooove to sit in on a typical marketing class or meeting in China
LOL. I think there are some very good drugs in China. Whoever is in charge of canopy designs has their feet up on a desk and a big smile on their face.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:09 PM
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Oct 2012
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayodhya View Post
Hi guys,

Just wondering as Iv heard from numerous folks that the lady bird In comparison to many of the mini quadcopters in the market at present ranks rather high , if not is at the top of the ranks. Me being quite new to quads decided on getting one of these for practice, so that i can get a rather comfortable feel to flying the larger hobby grade quads. I was told by a very knowledgable person the only one that has TRUE hobby grade cyclic response is the Ladybird by Walkera. That It's the only one capable of achieving full control just like a real quad. The other ones all have automated flip functions that do not resemble flying a hobby grade quad. With that said what are your thoughts on the rc eye one by rc logger, yes I know it doesn't flip, but for me this is not a necessity as I require more towards flying only without acro.

What do u gents think of the ladybird v1 for me to practice before getting into larger quads ? Considering on all the mini quads available I wanna get the one which feels the most realistic to flying a hobby grade quad.

Also what is your opinion in terms of the rc eye one vs the ladybird v1 , again for the application of leaning to fly. The rc eye one seems very capable...

Would appreciate if you guys can share your thoughts ..

Cheers

Ayo

Almost all micro/mini quads out today are basically clones of the Walkera Ladybird or the Blade MQX. The two exceptions are the Hubsan X4 and the RC EYE 1. I have experience with the first three and they are all very good small quads and will tune your quad flying skills. From what I've read the Eye One is also a good choice. My only suggestion is to get a quad with a full size transmitter because that gives you much better, finer control and that's what you'll be using on a full size quad in the future. The Ladybird can be bought with the Devo 7, the MQX can be paired with a Spektrum Dx6i, the X4 can be used with the Spyhawk transmitter. The RC Eye One is suppose to soon come out with an Anylink adapter type of device to allow it to be used with a full size transmitter.
I know this is the more expensive route but you said you're interested in full size quads and those puppies are not cheap!
Casperhyde is offline Find More Posts by Casperhyde
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:49 PM
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Banggood has these now. Looks to be a bit bigger than the mini sizes, and needs a receiver/tx and battery. Still, a nice looking quad. Appears to be a step up from the Hoten X at $250.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Du...l-p-60565.html
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:44 PM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,052 Posts
Well I could not wait any longer and I seen that Tmart had USA warehouse free shipping and a competitive price for a V939 so I ordered one. I may get a 9x transmitter next and the V929 after that.

http://www.tmart.com/Wltoys-V939-4CH...d_p157704.html
$42.99

$3 more than Bang Good but I can have it sooner
my first Quad
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack