SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:09 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
As the year draws to an end, I would like to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year. I've had the pleasure of meeting some exceptionally nice, helpful and friendly people here... discussing issues or just the quads we love in general.

I'll try to help out as much as I could for many years to come... I really do appreciate everything that you guys have done to make this community such an addiction :P
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:17 AM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Merry Christmas.

By the way....who's going to be the first to mount a plastic santa sleigh on there quad?
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:51 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,363 Posts
We hope everyone enjoys their family and close friends no matter what religion or or holiday you celebrate. The important things is everyone coming together and being with your loved ones and sharing good will and tolerance towards others, something I'll try to work on myself as you can see, I can be a hothead at times
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:00 AM
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
We hope everyone enjoys their family and close friends no matter what religion or or holiday you celebrate. The important things is everyone coming together and being with your loved ones and sharing good will and tolerance towards others, something I'll try to work on myself as you can see, I can be a hothead at times
Ah,...so that explains the screen name.

Merry Christmas everyone. Still doing "flight tests" on my Mini-Pets before I have to hand them over as Xmas presents.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:16 AM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Joined Jun 2012
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
Merry Christmas.

By the way....who's going to be the first to mount a plastic santa sleigh on there quad?
Is that a request for a paper canopy? J/k

Merry Christmas or Yuletide or whatever.... hovering "Seasonal Greetings" to ya'll.
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:20 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by overmyhead View Post
Sorry forgot to clarify that mine is a 2.4 version that was bought new in the box without the radio (BNF?).
The fellow I bought it from said this version is not yet commonly available in the U.S. (2.4 but without the radio) but that was a couple months ago.
Hey overmyhead, I started a thread on this quad/board when it was first released. Head on over to this thread and use the search button to search dx8. You'll find a wealth of info including a few people's set ups using the dx8. Hope that helps you.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&highlight=dx8
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:10 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,294 Posts
I just want to personally wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Since jumping into the quad scene a few months ago I have met some of the greatest people here on the forums. This whole rc community is great and I love the opportunity to be a part of it. Not only have I learned so much from everyone on here, but I am constantly amazed by the support given by taking time to answer questions, posting links and even willing to test, measure, weigh things to help answer questions. Many myself included would have never even become a part of the hobby if it wasn't for a great community like this. So thanks to all for sharing your knowledge and a huge shout out for many that go above and beyond!

I hope that you have a wonderful holiday as you celebrate with your family and friends! 2013 is going to be a great year!
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:16 PM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
343 Posts
Merry Christmas!

And thanks for a great quad forum. //S
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Dec 24, 2012, 07:35 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
380 Posts
Merry Christmas my friends.
Joyeux Noel mes amis!

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:57 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,107 Posts
To day, many will celebrate the birth of a Jewish boy. Merry Christmas and a happy new year? May your quads land props up.
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2012, 05:38 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
I just want to personally wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Since jumping into the quad scene a few months ago I have met some of the greatest people here on the forums. This whole rc community is great and I love the opportunity to be a part of it. Not only have I learned so much from everyone on here, but I am constantly amazed by the support given by taking time to answer questions, posting links and even willing to test, measure, weigh things to help answer questions. Many myself included would have never even become a part of the hobby if it wasn't for a great community like this. So thanks to all for sharing your knowledge and a huge shout out for many that go above and beyond!

I hope that you have a wonderful holiday as you celebrate with your family and friends! 2013 is going to be a great year!
Very well said!
Merry Christmas to you folks!
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Old Dec 25, 2012, 05:40 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
Merry Christmas my friends.
Joyeux Noel mes amis!

Gerard.
Merci Gerard, pour ta famille et pour toi aussi!
Thanks Gerard, for you and yours too!
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:55 PM
Now where did I leave my jar?
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,076 Posts
I finally got my V-202 today. The only thing I have to compare it to is my RC Eye One, but so far, I'm impressed with it. The instruction manual is in Chinglish, so it's pretty hard to understand but I was able to decipher enough to figure out how to operate the Scorpion. You should have seen my face when I got it to flip (accidently). My only gripe about it so far is that they mounted the blue LEDs under the green props and the green LEDs under the black props. Why didn't they match the green LEDs with the green props?
Murman is online now Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Murman; Dec 26, 2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:07 PM
Louisville, KY
Joined Jun 2006
570 Posts
Double Horse 9128

Anybody try it yet? Can't seem to find much info on it. Tmart has it in thier US warehouse. Price is right for $40 shipped.

http://www.tmart.com/Double-Horse-91...n_p169550.html
Sympster is offline Find More Posts by Sympster
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:22 PM
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murman View Post
I finally got my V-202 today. The only thing I have to compare it to is my RC Eye One, but so far, I'm impressed with it. The instruction manual is in Chinglish, so it's pretty hard to understand but I was able to decipher enough to figure out how to operate the Scorpion. You should have seen my face when I got it to flip (accidently). My only gripe about it so far is that they mounted the blue LEDs under the green props and the green LEDs under the black props. Why didn't they match the green LEDs with the green props?
Well switch out the props.

How do those two compare? Flight time? Speed? Precision? Orientation?