HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:56 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,589 Posts
M,
Yep. It took me a while to type the whole story after your original post. No problem. Good that you figured it out.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono View Post
I had already edited my post about 5 times before you actually jumped on it
was thinking about something else as I was typing, see reason for editing.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:16 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
I got the Ladybird V2 and it's a blast! Seems to have a decent payload capacity too, easily flows with my #16 on it.
sidneylopsides is offline Find More Posts by sidneylopsides
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:19 AM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Yep. It took me a while to type the whole story...
Sorry 'bout that, it takes me a while too, I spent 20 something minutes doing the various edits (one finger typer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneylopsides View Post
I got the Ladybird V2 and it's a blast!
Welcome to the Ladybird fraternity. For some reason that doesn't sound right... Lady... fraternity...
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Last edited by mono; Dec 09, 2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:40 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
Really good fun, nice and stable, but switch to roll mode and you can get fancy.
Stick a camera on and really cool micro fpv, still trying to get a working vtx on it.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:56 AM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosem View Post
Without any hesitation the Walkera Ladybird V1!
+1! Although the V2 is pretty good as well.

I busted my V1 circuit board, and replaced it with a V2. I'm *almost* as pleased with the V2 as with the V1.
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:58 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
Just had to order my first replacement motor, front right lost all its power.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:19 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar View Post
+1! Although the V2 is pretty good as well.

I busted my V1 circuit board, and replaced it with a V2. I'm *almost* as pleased with the V2 as with the V1.
I have both the V1 and the V2 and I have to agree that the V2 is almost as good as the V1 but if you can afford it, the V1 will be money well spent. The V1 is the standard by which all the others are measured and although the V2 is the closest to the V1 there are some significant differences as well not the least of which is the sub-standard transmitter that comes with the V2 (Devo 4) as well as the ability to upgrade the firmware and the support of telemetry function on the V1 (with a supported transmitter: Devo 6s, 8s, 10, 12s and 7E).

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:52 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,212 Posts
Quote:
Just had to order my first replacement motor, front right lost all its power.
Already?? That didn't seem to last very long. How many packs have you put through it would you say?
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:27 PM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
Quite a few, and a lot of punishment.
I have a feeling it was a bit duff from the start, it had difficulty keep stable on that axis sometimes, mainly during descents. I slowly lost more and more loft until it just couldn't keep level any more.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:48 PM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
Double post sorry....

How do you balance a quadrotor? I've flown my Ladybird a few times with the #16 taped to it, but I'm having a difficulty balancing it. Just now when trying it kept flying back and to the right, and I couldn't work out a balance for it.
Googling didn't Gove me an answer, but I may not have searched quite the right wording.
Without a load on its flying fine.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:57 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,589 Posts
S,
Here are some general instructions to balance a full size, mini and micro multicopter: Tie a string on each of the arms and suspend it between something like two chairs on one axis at a time, and then balance the added weight of the camera and or accessories by moving them or the lipo so the axis is balanced. Then do the same for the other axis. With experience you can test it and then get it very closely balanced by holding each end of the arms on one axis with the end of your index finger and then checking the other axis the same way...Simple
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Double post sorry....

How do you balance a quadrotor? I've flown my Ladybird a few times with the #16 taped to it, but I'm having a difficulty balancing it. Just now when trying it kept flying back and to the right, and I couldn't work out a balance for it.
Googling didn't Gove me an answer, but I may not have searched quite the right wording.
Without a load on its flying fine.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Dec 14, 2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:22 PM View Post
Shawn Dean
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. It is temporarily hidden while Shawn Dean edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:52 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,261 Posts
Did you also see these on their from idea fly

mini I-Fly 4

mini I-Fly 4s

Hopefully we can get a real supplier of these and it doesn't end up being a ds4u exclusive or something.

I want to know how they are getting these exclusives with the way people have been treated in the past

Still just looks like another clone quad, but I have to admit the canopy's are really sweet!
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:12 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
I like the design of the second one. How do you orientate it though?
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Dec 15, 2012, 04:47 PM
Joined Jul 2012
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Dean View Post
Don't buy from them, I'm still waiting for my items, and they don't reply to emails.
Soul Reaver is offline Find More Posts by Soul Reaver