SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:30 AM
Now where did I leave my jar?
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,074 Posts
My RC Eye One arrived on Friday. It is my first ever quad and I have never flown helis either. After about 5 flights yesterday, I am now able to navigate around my front yard and I'm doing banked turns. I am able to fly an entire battery pack without any crashes also. This thing is great! After the first or second flight, I switched from beginner mode to intermediate. I have nothing to compare the RC Eye One to since it's my first, but I would definitely recommend it to others.
Murman is offline Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:17 PM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Nice to hear you like it. Can you do a video, pls?
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:25 PM
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgchris View Post
Nice to hear you like it. Can you do a video, pls?
My camera lady had me doing yard work today and then dragged me with her to visit her dad. We didn't get home until after dark. I'll try to get some video next weekend, maybe sooner if I can get my hat cam working.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:32 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,782 Posts
Has anyone flown a syma x1 vs a v929 or v949, which is more stable and holds a camera batter?
I'm thinking of putting an x1 board on the v929 ...has anyone done this and compared before?
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:25 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchillesElbow View Post
Has anyone flown a syma x1 vs a v929 or v949, which is more stable and holds a camera batter?
I'm thinking of putting an x1 board on the v929 ...has anyone done this and compared before?
For $9.51 for the Syma X1 rx it's worth a try yourself :
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Sy...2-p-54191.html

I've already ordered one, but it's still on backorder.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:47 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,782 Posts
About to buy one but didn't want to go through the back order wait if it was awful to start with....
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:52 PM
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,074 Posts
DIY Battery Adapter for RC Eye One

After getting my RC Eye One last week with only one battery, I soon learned that a few minutes of flying and then 45 minutes waiting for the battery to charge back up again with the usb charger that was supplied was not going to cut it. I set out to figure out if it was possible to make other batteries work.
The stock battery is a two cell pack with four wires going to the connector. Every other lipo for every other plane or heli I've seen only has 2 wires going to the main power connector. I used my multi meter and found that the two middle posts on the board are joined together which ties the two cells together in series. This is the same as using a standard 2s pack, they just joined the batteries at the board instead of inside the battery pack.
So, I decided to use the stock battery connector to make an adapter so I could use standard 2s batteries from HK. The photos below show how I did it....

Edit...Glenn over at RC-Connectors.com sent me some connectors to try out on the RC Eye One. They are an exact fit. Here is my post about making an adapter from the parts on his website. Now you can leave your stock battery alone and order the parts to make an adapter for the rest of your batteries.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Murman; Dec 15, 2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:11 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
380 Posts
Looks really good there Murman. Maybe RCLogger should provide us with a similar adapter for us to use our own batteries. (anybody listening? )

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:56 AM
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
Looks really good there Murman. Maybe RCLogger should provide us with a similar adapter for us to use our own batteries. (anybody listening? )
I doubt this will happen. There is a reason they wired their system this way and it was so they could make more money by selling their own batteries.
Personally, I think this is the wrong approach. There are a lot of different mini quads available right now and I think if they would market this one with the option to use any 350mAh 2s battery on the market then their sales would definitely benefit. I almost didn't purchase one because the battery was not available elsewhere.
I may have found another source for an adapter though. I'll let you know if it works out.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:13 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
380 Posts
Sounds great, keep us posted.

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:14 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
4,077 Posts
Thanks for the post Murman! i will defnitely be utilizing this info when mine comes in! With plenty of power im sure it would be firly easyto bump up the battery size quite a bit! Not to mention 2c-5c charge rates!
Jwmflying14 is online now Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:41 PM
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmflying14 View Post
Thanks for the post Murman! i will defnitely be utilizing this info when mine comes in! With plenty of power im sure it would be firly easyto bump up the battery size quite a bit! Not to mention 2c-5c charge rates!
I would be careful using a battery much bigger than stock. I'm not so sure those tiny motors can handle a real heavy load. Just buy a few extra 350-400mAh batteries and swap them out frequently.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:57 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murman View Post
I would be careful using a battery much bigger than stock. I'm not so sure those tiny motors can handle a real heavy load. Just buy a few extra 350-400mAh batteries and swap them out frequently.
what is the size of the motors? diameter, length and shaft diameter?
bangkomit is offline Find More Posts by bangkomit
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:02 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,667 Posts
Gents,
Since I had some 600mah lipos for my mini quads I tested them with the Ladybird micro quad for flight duration since that is what Walkera is using in the latest micro quad QR Infra-X with sonar and IR capability and successfully flying it at over twice the Ladybird V1 AUW. After flight the motor temperatures were 84F/29C, lipo 75F/24C, Flight controller 81F/27C when flown in an ambient temperature of 65F/18C.

1. Tiger 600mah 15c 15-3g(~$2.20ea @Aliexpress) 12.5min
2. Turnigy Nano-Tech 600mah 35-70c 16.1g(~$2.58ea +ship @HK) 14min

Info added to Micro quad OEM and Turnigy Nano-Tech lipo tests 101

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:37 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
won't the additional ~8g battery weight negatively affect performance and life of the motors?
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster