HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2012, 04:30 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
1,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono View Post
I think it's the J6, from the box photo, but my eyes are not so sharp anymore.
That's why I attributed the higher than "normal" cost for the package, although I can't think why they would put a 6ch radio with an LB clone.
Nine eagles stuff has always been a mixed bag of hits and misses.
I have both:
gordonzo is online now Find More Posts by gordonzo
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2012, 04:43 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,248 Posts
Told you my eyes were bad.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:00 PM
Pennsylvania
Joined Nov 2008
246 Posts
Motor specs

I thought I had seen a chart once on the various brushed motors as to weight and speed etc, I just weighed some walkera UFO8 motors i had laying around and got 3.0g and replacement ladybird motors at 3.5g. I am weighing just the motor, no prop or mount, boom etc.

Obviously the UFO8 are lighter but is there any info on how they might stack up compared to ladybird motors. Ladybird might be heavier but run more efficiently.

Any thoughts or links are appreciated. Thanks!
nanobot9000 is offline Find More Posts by nanobot9000
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:53 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
stiff motor

after a hard crash into the parkinglot upside down , the one front motor on mya quad does not spin freely, I pulled the prop and checked for clearance and hair.
after wiggling the shaft it is a little freeer but not like before.. however the quad flies just like it did before the motor spools up just like the other three do. is there a way to free this motor up.
thanks
tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:07 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
after a hard crash into the parkinglot upside down , the one front motor on mya quad does not spin freely, I pulled the prop and checked for clearance and hair.
after wiggling the shaft it is a little freeer but not like before.. however the quad flies just like it did before the motor spools up just like the other three do. is there a way to free this motor up.
thanks
tonytester
What kind is it? A crash on my V929 caused the motor to act up. Turns out the red wire going into it became loose but not completely broken. It behaved inconsistently. Had to solder it.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:23 AM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
4,081 Posts
Hey guys. Looking for a mini quad to fly inside and in my backyard. I am tired of driving the whole 1.4 miles to my local field =P

Anyhow I am aiming for the $100-125 Market. I am no where near a new pilot, and consistently fly 3d with both fixed wing and my Trex 450's. I would like a high performance mini quad, decent power, flipable, etc.... Preferable bindable to my JR (spektrum).

Any Ideas?

As mentioned bindable to my JR isnt a must, but I definitely would like the highest performance for the price! I also have a Walkera tx for my V120's and Genius.... I really enjoy the ease of brushless motors, But im not sure if that is necessarily an option with these micros.

I found one on Red Rocket hobbies in my price range with 4 batts.

Anyhow, lemme know! Thanks fellas!
Jwmflying14 is online now Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:39 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
381 Posts
You can't beat the Walkera Ladybird. It's the standard by which all other mini quads are measured. You might also want to check out the RC EYE One Although it comes with a "Playstation" styled tx., they are working on a new system (similar to the Anylink system) that should allow you to use your own Spektrum or other Transmitter. There's a thread on it here.

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:04 AM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Fixed mine with MoS like WD40 or Balistol
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:10 AM
Joined Sep 2012
21 Posts
Some action with LED Upgrade

mini LED Leiste für 1s (3,7V) (0 min 21 sec)

mini LED from Banggood
m8ychris is offline Find More Posts by m8ychris
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:13 AM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Have a look - sold at BG

v929 enlightment (0 min 32 sec)
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:55 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
What kind is it? A crash on my V929 caused the motor to act up. Turns out the red wire going into it became loose but not completely broken. It behaved inconsistently. Had to solder it.
it's a u816
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:29 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
I saw some folks asking about charging. Refer to an earlier discussion here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1734145
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:41 AM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmflying14 View Post
Hey guys. Looking for a mini quad to fly inside and in my backyard. I am tired of driving the whole 1.4 miles to my local field =P

Anyhow I am aiming for the $100-125 Market. I am no where near a new pilot, and consistently fly 3d with both fixed wing and my Trex 450's. I would like a high performance mini quad, decent power, flipable, etc.... Preferable bindable to my JR (spektrum).

Any Ideas?

As mentioned bindable to my JR isnt a must, but I definitely would like the highest performance for the price! I also have a Walkera tx for my V120's and Genius.... I really enjoy the ease of brushless motors, But im not sure if that is necessarily an option with these micros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
You can't beat the Walkera Ladybird. It's the standard by which all other mini quads are measured. You might also want to check out the RC EYE One Although it comes with a "Playstation" styled tx., they are working on a new system (similar to the Anylink system) that should allow you to use your own Spektrum or other Transmitter. There's a thread on it here.

Gerard.
If you are looking for a ladybird, I guess it should be a V1 not a V2.
Maybe you can fit a crash frame for Indoor use to it.

Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:42 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,721 Posts
J,
The one you linked at RRH @ $109+ ~$14 shipping is a UDI U816. It is about $36 shipped from Banggood:

Currently the only Spektrum solution for what you are looking for is to get a mini Blade MQX quad or get the micro quad Specktrum board and mount it on another micro quad frame or a BIY frame. There are also BNF versions at: 9imod.com , rc711.com , amd hobby-wing.com
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmflying14 View Post

Any Ideas?

jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Nov 11, 2012 at 06:47 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:09 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
381 Posts
I believe that Jwmflying14 has decided on the RC EYE One. He mentioned that he ordered it on the RC EYE One thread. RCLogger should be coming out with a Spektrum solution for the RC EYE One by Christmas time. I plan on waiting till they come out with their new "gizmo" and see if it will work with any of my tx.'s (Flysky TH9X or Walkera Devo). I haven't heard back from them yet about whether it will be compatible or not but they did say that once their system is out on the market that you will still be able to upgrade the firmware for compatibility with a wider variety tx.'s. I guess I'll just sit and wait for now.

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest