HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:41 AM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
next hot item

remember this comecial when we were younger kids.
HERE'S HOW BIT-O-HONEY MAKES A SIXTACOPTER.??????????

On a more serious note on my u816 i am assuming that how you place the battery in the tray affects the COG of the unit. after a crash it might move.does anyone have a surefire method of instalation that works all the time????
thanks
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:30 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
FyreSG's Avatar
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,372 Posts
Lengthen Control Sticks

The right stick broke and I couldn't find it. I replaced it with drinking straws and realized that longer sticks improves the feel of the transmitter.



Trim the straws to the desired length.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:51 AM
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
The right stick broke and I couldn't find it. I replaced it with drinking straws and realized that longer sticks improves the feel of the transmitter.



Trim the straws to the desired length.
Thanks Fyre, you've confirmed what I've been saying all along. I have zero problems using my 'crappy' stock controller with brass stalks:



I'm trying to find a source for these that don't cost 20 bucks.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 03, 2012, 11:26 AM
Registered User
midelic's Avatar
Joined Apr 2012
3,869 Posts
My right stick broken too.How are the odds of happening that?
midelic is online now Find More Posts by midelic
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DIY Multiprotocol TX Module
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 11:51 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
Makdaddy's Avatar
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,341 Posts
What effects does cold weather have on quads? When is too cold?
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Last edited by Makdaddy; Nov 04, 2012 at 09:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 11:56 AM
RC Logger Support
jlcamp7's Avatar
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,293 Posts
Can't talk for quads, but I know for my micro planes that use 1s I've flown in the 20's many a times no issues. The area that becomes the problem is these little 1s lipos when really cold sometimes aren't up to the task. I just always kept them in my coat pocket so they were nice and warm when plugging them in. Others made little foam sleeves. So it's Moreso the lipo. You don't really see these issues with larger lipos. Just these small 1s packs that are out in the open during flight.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 11:57 AM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Lipos lose power faster when cold so you'll lose flight time but as long as the gyro calibrates in the same cold it is flying in you should be fine.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 12:23 PM
Registered User
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Thats a good idea on the straws for the sticks. I'll have to try that with my U816. It needs better control.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 02:48 PM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
Makdaddy's Avatar
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Can't talk for quads, but I know for my micro planes that use 1s I've flown in the 20's many a times no issues. The area that becomes the problem is these little 1s lipos when really cold sometimes aren't up to the task. I just always kept them in my coat pocket so they were nice and warm when plugging them in. Others made little foam sleeves. So it's Moreso the lipo. You don't really see these issues with larger lipos. Just these small 1s packs that are out in the open during flight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
Lipos lose power faster when cold so you'll lose flight time but as long as the gyro calibrates in the same cold it is flying in you should be fine.
Well that explains it - was in the upper 30's low 40's and about 3 min in and the V929 quad started losing power like it was almost 8 min in. My V911 with new 150's was acting like my old 120's which are on their last leg. Well that explains it - warm - keep em warm...
Pocket hummm, that sound like the ticket for now. I will give it a try - thanks!
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 04:41 PM
Now where did I leave my jar?
Murman's Avatar
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
4,074 Posts
Help me choose please

A watched a buddy of mine fly his MQX a couple of weeks ago and it sparked my interest in mini quads. I have been selling some old planes to fund a quad purchase and I now have enough to purchase one. After doing a little research, I am now a little bit confused as to which one to get. I like that the MQX will bind to my DX6i, but I also like the sale price of this Ladybird combo which includes a radio for $90.
Which is the better quad for my money?
Murman is offline Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:28 PM
Registered User
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murman View Post
A watched a buddy of mine fly his MQX a couple of weeks ago and it sparked my interest in mini quads. I have been selling some old planes to fund a quad purchase and I now have enough to purchase one. After doing a little research, I am now a little bit confused as to which one to get. I like that the MQX will bind to my DX6i, but I also like the sale price of this Ladybird combo which includes a radio for $90.
Which is the better quad for my money?
From what Ive read on here, the Ladybird is the best mini-quad at the moment. The RC Eye One, just coming out, may be a heavy contender though. It is going to allow your tx to work with it (after an update), I believe.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:55 PM
...muy bien...
rcgchris's Avatar
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Can you tell more abort the upcoming one?
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:56 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgchris View Post
Can you tell more abort the upcoming one?
Has its own thread : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1754154
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:57 PM
...muy bien...
rcgchris's Avatar
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murman View Post
A watched a buddy of mine fly his MQX a couple of weeks ago and it sparked my interest in mini quads. I have been selling some old planes to fund a quad purchase and I now have enough to purchase one. After doing a little research, I am now a little bit confused as to which one to get. I like that the MQX will bind to my DX6i, but I also like the sale price of this Ladybird combo which includes a radio for $90.
Which is the better quad for my money?
I'd recommend the Syma X1 for a start
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:52 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
I am going to assume that the only difference between a cw motor and a ccw motor on a quad is the wire location in the plug(polarity) am I right?
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suggestion Personal attack Rule as it applies to Trader Talk Thread Titles porcia83 Site Suggestions / Complaints 3 Jul 27, 2012 12:58 PM
For Sale Quadcopter Parts Sale Thread mfkubak Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 10 Jul 26, 2012 03:33 PM
Discussion Why are there so many heli threads in the Airplane Micro RTF forum? Bowerz Site Chat 38 Dec 15, 2009 07:43 PM
Wattage RTF Micro Flyer (thread #2) Skyshark Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 233 Sep 17, 2009 03:22 PM
Wattage RTF Micro Flyer (thread #1) Bleriot Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 384 Dec 15, 2004 03:28 PM