HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:40 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,023 Posts
hahaha! apparently its not just me, so that makes at least TWO of us now.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:16 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,454 Posts
Gents,
As you likely know Mode 4 is just Mode 1 with the sticks on the opposite side. For acrobatic lefty's?

Here you go
The Case for Mode 4 Transmitters, or - Martin's Flying Machines

For me..well I'm stuck in Mode 2 mode

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:35 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,023 Posts
newell has always been one of my heros due to his tiny plane talents. but i didnt realize he was also one of the top rc ergonomics geniuses. he really sums it up:

Quote:
Mode 2 is a testament to the human brain's ability to learn complex actions and to the perseverance of those individuals. The reason they use Mode 2 is because that's how they were taught.
mode 4 for those who base choices on reason instead of tradition. so that makes THREE of us now. lol!
Last edited by dave1993; Oct 25, 2012 at 01:42 PM. Reason: there may even be FOUR but hes probably afraid to speak out.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:24 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
newell has always been one of my heros due to his tiny plane talents. but i didnt realize he was also one of the top rc ergonomics geniuses. he really sums it up:

mode 4 for those who base choices on reason instead of tradition. so that makes THREE of us now. lol!
Yeah, and I know people who push on the stick to go up and pull to go down.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:28 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,023 Posts
elevator:

1. push stick forward to go down.
2. pull stick back to go up.
3. pull stick way back to go down very very fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
Yeah, and I know people who push on the stick to go up and pull to go down.
im one of them. strangely, in our hobby, pushing (throttle) stick forward is to go up and pulling back is to go down. real plane throttle is opposite. however not everybody knows elevator is for speed and throttle is for altitude.
Last edited by dave1993; Oct 25, 2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:31 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,230 Posts
Quote:
elevator:

im one of them. strangely, in our hobby, pushing (throttle) stick forward is to go up and pulling back is to go down. real plane throttle is opposite. however not everybody knows elevator is for speed and throttle is for altitude.
I seem to recall full throttle is with the throttle knob all the way in (forward), at least for small Cessna's like the 152, 172, so that's the same as RC. (Of course on a real plane the left hand controls attitude and right hand controls the throttle, and feet controls the rudder, but we digress.)
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:35 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,935 Posts
Quote:
elevator:

I didn't explain properly. I was talking about flying a loop.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:06 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
I seem to recall full throttle is with the throttle knob all the way in (forward),
oops... you are definitely right. i had my quicksilver mx in mind where rotax throttle knob was reversed. maybe its good i get nowhere near the ol' c150 anymore. lol!
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:53 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Wow! I haven't checked in for a few days and there are pics of nearly 20 new Chinese quads!...LOL I do have to say that the ones with prop gaurds were interesting especially for inside flying in the house! I doubt they did anything to compensate for the extra weight but I sure do like the idea of it because I mainly fly indoors in small confines areas...
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:21 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc View Post
Wow! I haven't checked in for a few days and there are pics of nearly 20 new Chinese quads!...LOL I do have to say that the ones with prop gaurds were interesting especially for inside flying in the house! I doubt they did anything to compensate for the extra weight but I sure do like the idea of it because I mainly fly indoors in small confines areas...
Not so sure if the prop guards are to protect the props, or to protect things and people that can get hit by the props, in either case I doubt they are really needed for the 'toy' quads we're talking about; or they could be just for looks. All things being equal, I wouldn't want the extra weight.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:38 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Not so sure if the prop guards are to protect the props, or to protect things and people that can get hit by the props, in either case I doubt they are really needed for the 'toy' quads we're talking about; or they could be just for looks. All things being equal, I wouldn't want the extra weight.
I myself can attest to the possible danger these seemingly innocent "toy" quads can do. My mjx 100 got a liitle too close and got my ankle and made a little slice and I can tell you it hurt like hell...lol I reminded folks on the mjx100 thread that these quads are not for children and care must be taken even though they look like toys. So for that reason I like the idea of the protectors, especially in indoor areas near kids, pets, spouces, etc. they seem like a good idea. Outdoors if they are removable, that would be even better. I really do love these small quads, they are a blast!
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:46 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,950 Posts
The prop guards are to protect the props and motors. I can personally attest to the effectiveness of my homemade prop guards as I haven't broken a blade since installing them. My props also have substantially less road rash from pavement crashes. The curved-up prop guards on that new model should provide more blade protection from upside-down crashes.

The full body armor EPO frame gaurds are a little overkill (no pun intended) and would affect performances, but my-style guards have little to no impact on performance.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: RC Logger Eye One Xtreme
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:17 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,282 Posts
I noticed that the U816 tx does not save the trim settings once you turn it off....that's no fun..
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:35 PM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bofred View Post
Hi,
Did anybody try this Spektrum board? http://www.hobby-wing.com/dsm2-fligh...rol-board.html

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygen View Post
Nice find!
I'll order me one of these and compare it to my mQX board
thanks for sharing that with us
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Please let us know your findings. This is super tempting.
Just in case someone wants to fly the mQX with the Walkera radios.
To replace the board I was looking for spares.
Here are cheap ladybird boards:
V2 3-axis

and V1 6-axis
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:46 AM
Joined Aug 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanado View Post
If mode 4 is Throttle and Aileron on left stick, Rudder and Elevator on right stick - So, the Mini Pet has this option.
It ha a switch for changing from Mode 2 to Mode 4.

P.S. The text labels of this switch are wrong - Mode 2 is really Mode 4, an vice versa. But both modes are supported.
It is exactly the same thing for the HuanQi 881, even if they say Mode 1 or Mode 2 (I ordered one and sent it back because I can only fly in Mode 1...)
___FP is offline Find More Posts by ___FP