HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:44 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Guys, we really need to compile a list of direct drive quads that may be susceptible to motor damage due to crashes causing the prop shaft pushing the motor cap off. For those that don't have built-in protection, you can make it yourself:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=49
that is a very good fix. popped end caps were the number one failure mode for me. most of mine didnt even get a chance to wear out brushes. then i did something similar: push the prop ALL the way down on the shaft and no more popped caps.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:06 PM
Joined Oct 2009
1 Posts
this is my u816, i am from spain and i fly this quad at outdoors night and day, it´s fantastic and fly very very well
jorgecu is offline Find More Posts by jorgecu
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:22 PM
Honey,just one more thing
Rensselaer,IN
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgecu View Post
this is my u816, i am from spain and i fly this quad at outdoors night and day, it´s fantastic and fly very very well
Enjoy, these small quads are great. I almost never fly my bigger ones anymore. Welcome.
spudandretti is offline Find More Posts by spudandretti
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:30 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,350 Posts
I bought 2x U816s thinking I could give them to my nephews both 10 and 12 yrs old. They both fly great once trimmed but the throttle stick feels a little vague at times. I have only flown CP helis so it took about 4-5 flights to get use to how they fly. They are pretty responsive even on low throws. I crashed both a couple of times flying in the living room but have yet to break or loose anything...no blades coming off or anything. With all that said, I might have to reconsider giving them to my nephews.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:03 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,267 Posts
They're certainy toys for all of us, but I would say maybe not for younger children as they move extremely quickly and those blades although small and not too harmful, definitely spin at a fast enough rate they could hurt someone if hit like somewhere in the face.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:52 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
I bought 2x U816s thinking I could give them to my nephews both 10 and 12 yrs old. They both fly great once trimmed but the throttle stick feels a little vague at times. I have only flown CP helis so it took about 4-5 flights to get use to how they fly. They are pretty responsive even on low throws. I crashed both a couple of times flying in the living room but have yet to break or loose anything...no blades coming off or anything. With all that said, I might have to reconsider giving them to my nephews.
I have one comming also can't wait maybe tommorrow or sat.
tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:52 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
They're certainy toys for all of us, but I would say maybe not for younger children as they move extremely quickly and those blades although small and not too harmful, definitely spin at a fast enough rate they could hurt someone if hit like somewhere in the face.
Yeah agreed. I'll have their dad help them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
I have one comming also can't wait maybe tommorrow or sat.
tonytester
Its not bad for the price. Wish the piro rate was faster too...
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:55 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,178 Posts
My V939 smashed into my mouth at near full throttle (note to self: do not dream) and it was painful. Good thing my lips were intact, no cuts or bruises, just pure throbbing pain for 5 minutes.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined Jul 2011
8 Posts
Can any one tell me for sure which quad copter Does have (MODE 4)? I find conflicting reports on here if the V939 and the SH-6043 do or don't????
THanks for any help.
Fl410 is offline Find More Posts by Fl410
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:11 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,761 Posts
I'm pretty sure V939 does not have mode 4, other one maybe. I had my first 4ch co-ax on mode 4. It tis easy to change flying habit to mode2. Most RC quads are mode 2 here in USA, euros maybe mode 1 ??
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:33 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,499 Posts
As I understand it...just provide a remote running in Mode 4 and can bind with the quad and it will behave appropriately.

The Turnigy 9x running er9x has Mode 1, 2, 3, 4. And can bind with the v929, v939, v949
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:42 AM
User?
México, DF, Ciudad de México
Joined Dec 2004
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl410 View Post
Can any one tell me for sure which quad copter Does have (MODE 4)? I find conflicting reports on here if the V939 and the SH-6043 do or don't????
THanks for any help.
I don't know for sure what is the stick arrangement for mode 4 (throttle and rudder left or right) but the MJX X100 mini quad Transmitter can be arranged for whatever mode or stick combination you wish. It has a propietary (& patented?) lever system for changing throttle stick to left and right, and you only have to press a button to switch sides for the rudder and aileron. I fly mode 2 but with this Tx my friends that fly mode 1 (or even if any of them fly mode 3 or 4 for shure) can have a go in my X100 . I find this Tx itself very nice, it has metal thumb sticks and ratchet on both sticks when assigned for throttle function.

Regards.
rocco is offline Find More Posts by rocco
Last edited by rocco; Oct 25, 2012 at 12:56 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:15 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
If mode 4 is Throttle and Aileron on left stick, Rudder and Elevator on right stick - So, the Mini Pet has this option.
It ha a switch for changing from Mode 2 to Mode 4.

P.S. The text labels of this switch are wrong - Mode 2 is really Mode 4, an vice versa. But both modes are supported.
asanado is offline Find More Posts by asanado
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:27 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
imo mode 4 rulz. 1, 2, 3 = fail. mainly because i hate having to learn how to fly all over again going from 3ch to 4ch (and back). quads, planes, helis, boats, cars.... all the same now.

in fact ive gone to considerable effort converting all my non programmable radios for mode 4.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:27 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
SubtleT was so passionate about mode 4, he wrote a song about it ...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1680723
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter