HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:15 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,352 Posts
I don't fly near people, but over at where I live, people are everywhere. Unless I venture out... Slow boat definitely applies for me. BG stuff takes an average of 2 weeks to reach via China Post; 1.5 weeks via HK Post. Even though I'm just a 3-hour flight away from Guangdong.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:18 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I don't fly near people, but over at where I live, people are everywhere. Unless I venture out... Slow boat definitely applies for me. BG stuff takes an average of 2 weeks to reach via China Post; 1.5 weeks via HK Post. Even though I'm just a 2-hour flight away from Guangdong.
Wow I figured it would take less time, but still, 2 weeks isn't that bad. I'm used to 3 weeks.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:37 AM
Flight cadet
The Netherlands, OV, Enschede
Joined Jul 2012
301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco
Chinese mini quads are spreading like mushrooms these days...
IMHO some of these clones are actually nice
personally I like the prop guards (to save my TV screen) and I like the motor cases of the big pet did you see if they already sell spare parts of these birds?
oxygen is offline Find More Posts by oxygen
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:04 AM
User?
México, DF, Ciudad de México
Joined Dec 2004
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygen View Post
IMHO some of these clones are actually nice
personally I like the prop guards (to save my TV screen) and I like the motor cases of the big pet did you see if they already sell spare parts of these birds?
Well, to be honest I was searching on google for some info on the Vitality H36 quad and reached this page

http://www.toy63.com/cp/class/?145.html

looks like it is some chinese toy factory web page in chinglish but I didn´t see any spare parts in there.

I also like those motor cases, at least they are a bit diferent than the classic mqx/v929 design.
rocco is offline Find More Posts by rocco
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:55 AM
Flight cadet
The Netherlands, OV, Enschede
Joined Jul 2012
301 Posts
Thanks for the link...

the UFO canopy for the 929/mQX is also nice ( http://www.toy63.com/cp/html/?4824.html )
let's wait and see if BG is getting the spare parts
oxygen is offline Find More Posts by oxygen
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:37 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,352 Posts
Leshan Toy International has a product page for Hubsan X4 H107: http://www.toy63.com/cp/html/?4582.html
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:52 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco View Post
Chinese mini quads are spreading like mushrooms these days

Mini pet's Big brother or should we call it the Big Pet?

Enjoy
I have to admit pretty much all of the other ones made me laugh. . However the "big mini pet" has a really nice look to it. Live the motor mounts and booms. Have to admit this one gives the blade mqx a run for its money in the looks department and wins hands down in my book. Hmm I wonder if a spektrum board will mount underneath the canopy ? I like it!!!
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:50 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
In my opinion, the weak spot of the V929 (I don't have a V939... Yet) is the thin and fragile 3mm boom. For now, after a lot of crashes, I had to replace only booms.
If it has 6mm booms like the Mini Pet - it will be much more durable (even though it is not Carbon).

I have already suggested it - but, if WL Toys listen, I think it will be much more durable and more stable with 6mm Carbon booms. The 3mm booms tend to crack and brake easily and loose their stifness - 6mm booms will reduce this problem dramatically.
And it will not weight much more, and it will be possible to pass the wires through them without soldering (only releasing the pins of one connector).

This Mod will require only some minimal change to other parts besides the booms.
asanado is offline Find More Posts by asanado
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:17 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Thanks for the link Rocco, interesting stuff there! :-)
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:46 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanado View Post
In my opinion, the weak spot of the V929 (I don't have a V939... Yet) is the thin and fragile 3mm boom. For now, after a lot of crashes, I had to replace only booms.

If it has 6mm booms like the Mini Pet - it will be much more durable (even though it is not Carbon).

I have already suggested it - but, if WL Toys listen, I think it will be much more durable and more stable with 6mm Carbon booms.
+1000

Aaron or James should forward this post to WL Toys
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:17 PM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanado View Post

I have already suggested it - but, if WL Toys listen, I think it will be much more durable and more stable with 6mm Carbon booms. The 3mm booms tend to crack and brake easily and loose their stifness - 6mm booms will reduce this problem dramatically.
And it will not weight much more, and it will be possible to pass the wires through them without soldering (only releasing the pins of one connector).

This Mod will require only some minimal change to other parts besides the booms.
I replaced mine with massive carbon and put a drinking plastic straw around for protection. 3mm just fine
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:24 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgchris View Post
I replaced mine with massive carbon and put a drinking plastic straw around for protection. 3mm just fine
Where did you get them ?
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:58 PM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Just search for flat profile 3x3
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:43 PM
User?
México, DF, Ciudad de México
Joined Dec 2004
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygen View Post
Thanks for the link...

the UFO canopy for the 929/mQX is also nice ( http://www.toy63.com/cp/html/?4824.html )
let's wait and see if BG is getting the spare parts
That UFO was not there yesterday when I saw that page!!!

Yesterday there were 19 items, today there are 20.

How about a mix of that big Mini Pet with the V929 landing gear?
rocco is offline Find More Posts by rocco
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:25 AM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
some of these are computer images correct?
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster