HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:18 AM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
I haven't had any issues switching midair, but that's just my experience. no changes in throttle or anything. then again I did it for the first time not knowing any better, so I guess it's good that nothing bad happened

like I said before it should be easy to tell if you have the v1.1 firmware because the throttle will be very sensitive/responsive. trust me you will know. you probably don't need the firmware update, none of mine have (even though I do it anyways). just my guess
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:43 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
J,

From what I've read mine has V1 firmware since there is no way it will roll with the accelerometer engaged. I have seem written that the upgrade firmware does allow rolls and flips with the accelerometer engaged. I also saw the upgrade firmware still shows v1.0 after it is loaded.
hi jim,
Do you mean that your V.1 Ladybird is loaded with fw1.1 and that the rumored
fw1.2 allows rolls and flips in 6-axis mode? Link?

I haven't noticed any instabilty switching modes on the Ladybird while airborne either, I would definately warn others if this action freaked the ladybird out.
I'm pretty sure I've mode switched my KK2 X250 while hovering too... without any ill effects.

It's probably a safety thing in case the mode you're switching to isn't calibrated. Ladybird is pre-calibrated (i.e. no user PID tweaking possible)
so it's likely far safer to do on the Ladybird than a full-size programable FC board. as with everything tho... YMMV
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Last edited by vpsporb; Oct 01, 2012 at 01:56 AM.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:52 AM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
Which TX should be better for a v1 LB : Devo7 or Devo7E ?
I'm thinking about getting a spare v1 pcb and a Devo TX. (I already have LB motors for my v939/v929 hybrids)

The $58 offer isn't a deal for me as I live in Europe and shipping is $50.
Is the Devo 8S an option for you?
With the Deviation Firmware it can be used as a multiprotocol radio speaking Walkera protocols as well as DSM. With a little hardware hack it talks to FlySky / Turnigy 9x receivers as well.

The 9x Thread contains some info bits about that topic (where to buy the radio, how it can be flashed (easy via built-in USB) and modded).
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:36 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
378 Posts
My Ladybird got ran over by a car. I was flying her at a local park recently and got her up a bit too high (dang that throttle is sensitive, V 1.1 firmware already installed on the receiver board I ordered from BG) a gust of wind pushed her over a bit and I lost orientation and kept pushing her further and further so I decided to cut the throttle and I thought I saw her land in a parking lot. After searching and searching for her I finally saw her in bits and pieces in the middle of the road I picked up as many of the pieces as I could and took them home. Two of the motors and booms are completely smashed, the canopy is crushed and the main frame is broken. The receiver board is bent and has three of the screw holes cracked open but the board itself still powers on. I ordered all of the necessary parts to rebuild her from BG and I now have to play the waiting game... Again.

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:38 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,128 Posts
I'm curious about the damages. Can you please post some photos, if you don't mind.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:42 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
My Ladybird got ran over by a car. I was flying her at a local park recently and got her up a bit too high (dang that throttle is sensitive, V 1.1 firmware already installed on the receiver board I ordered from BG) a gust of wind pushed her over a bit and I lost orientation and kept pushing her further and further so I decided to cut the throttle and I thought I saw her land in a parking lot. After searching and searching for her I finally saw her in bits and pieces in the middle of the road I picked up as many of the pieces as I could and took them home. Two of the motors and booms are completely smashed, the canopy is crushed and the main frame is broken. The receiver board is bent and has three of the screw holes cracked open but the board itself still powers on. I ordered all of the necessary parts to rebuild her from BG and I now have to play the waiting game... Again.

Gerard.
Oh that sucks Gerard, I'm glad that the most expensive part- the RX board hasn't been damaged. Hope you have something else to fly for the time being :P
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:47 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5,128 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. The waiting game sucks! And to make matters worse, the online sellers are having holidays till 3 Oct. By the time they return to work, there would be overwhelmed by orders.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:04 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I'm curious about the damages. Can you please post some photos, if you don't mind.
Name: Ladybird_Smashed.jpg
Views: 140
Size: 218.4 KB
Description:

Name: Ladybird_Board.jpg
Views: 102
Size: 181.8 KB
Description:

Gerard.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:12 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5,128 Posts
Ouch, that looks bad. But I'm glad at least the board is ok.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:16 AM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Oh that sucks Gerard, I'm glad that the most expensive part- the RX board hasn't been damaged. Hope you have something else to fly for the time being :P
I still have my HotenX, V929, V939, MJX X100, QR Scorpion, Honey Bee FP 2, Solo Pro 328A, Solo Pro 260A, 3 V911's, a 9958, a Helios H100, and I have a Copter-X CX450 Pro that I plan on assembling this winter.
Did I mention I was an addict.

Gerard.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:55 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc View Post
Haven't heard of anyone owning one yet, but there was a thread started on it and James through up a video of it in there:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1740177
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:32 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I know exactly how you feel. The waiting game sucks! And to make matters worse, the online sellers are having holidays till 3 Oct. By the time they return to work, there would be overwhelmed by orders.
I know it's Autumn Festival, what else is going on that would prompt the entire country to shut down for a month (I should say another month since they did that for Chinese New Year already).

Edit: never mind, I just realized it's only 3 days, not a month LOL. I haven't had my morning coffee yet.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Last edited by stonecutter; Oct 01, 2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:39 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
I still have my HotenX, V929, V939, MJX X100, QR Scorpion, Honey Bee FP 2, Solo Pro 328A, Solo Pro 260A, 3 V911's, a 9958, a Helios H100, and I have a Copter-X CX450 Pro that I plan on assembling this winter.
Did I mention I was an addict.

Gerard.
Are you still married Gerard?????????
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:48 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosem View Post
Are you still married Gerard?????????
teeheehee
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:18 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
Ouch Gerard, that is some serious damage! I'm glad that the board looks intact though... standing up to the weight of a car was definitely not in the designer's mind I'm guessing then. :P
Good the rest of the fleet is still up and flying... I would like to know the answer to Kosem's question too! :P If you are, give us some tips! I need to smuggle quads in and out of the house these days to avoid the gf's fury...haha
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member