It's working now!
hollgi is offline Find More Posts by hollgi
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:19 AM
The Netherlands, OV, Almelo
Joined Sep 2008
80 Posts
UDI U816 motor died

Yesterday during a normal flight , my U816 started pulling to the right.
Shortly after it crashed.
No futher damage , only the front-rigth motor did not turn.
Only if I helped a little it started to turn.
Probably brushes defect or burned rotor.

Decided to open the motor, brushes were partly gone.

Ordered 2 new motors for 5.-.

Of all the things that can happen, this came never up.

regards hans
keepitsimple is offline Find More Posts by keepitsimple
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:47 AM
Certified Heli Addict
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollgi View Post
Thanks Raymond
That was what I needed!
It's working now!
No problem.
RaymondM is offline Find More Posts by RaymondM
Old Sep 30, 2012, 01:54 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
Which TX should be better for a v1 LB : Devo7 or Devo7E ?
I'm thinking about getting a spare v1 pcb and a Devo TX. (I already have LB motors for my v939/v929 hybrids)

The $58 offer isn't a deal for me as I live in Europe and shipping is $50.
this thread might help: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1693112

the 7E is newer and offers telemetry, in this case battery voltage sensor with the LB. I believe output power is a fixed 10mW, I believe Walkera designed it with micro heli usage in mind..

has anyone jumped on one of these ARF Mini Fly's?

http://www.nitroplanes.com/09h006-21...board-arf.html
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Old Sep 30, 2012, 02:47 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
this thread might help: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1693112

the 7E is newer and offers telemetry, in this case battery voltage sensor with the LB. I believe output power is a fixed 10mW, I believe Walkera designed it with micro heli usage in mind..

has anyone jumped on one of these ARF Mini Fly's?

http://www.nitroplanes.com/09h006-21...board-arf.html
Cool that's an interesting one, at first I thought it was the HobbyKing X230 but I like this one better... I wonder if it'll handle 3S LiPos?. Unfortunately my funds are tied-up with the Hunter Mini V-Tail build project, so I won't be able to get one this month but I'd love to hear how it performs. hint hint
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Sep 30, 2012, 05:42 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,261 Posts
I've been looking at that one and was thinking about getting one as my first real quad, but then ended up picking Chris' bambucopter crab 25 in the classifieds. Would be interested as well to see some real reviews of it.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:43 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
I've been looking at that one and was thinking about getting one as my first real quad, but then ended up picking Chris' bambucopter crab 25 in the classifieds. Would be interested as well to see some real reviews of it.
Oh... you bought Chris's Crab25? haha Very Cool I haven't bummed around the classifieds in too long! Although I suspected he would sell it... as he probably has quite the hangar of Quads @this point in time.
I had also bought that frame myself just recently, I only have the frame test assembled right now, and I'm wondering how he has the LiPo secured underneath the Crab25? The center bottom area looks to have a square section for a battery-plate to be glued there? iunno If you don't mind taking some "money shots" of your new baby... I'd be mighty thankful to yuhs.

I watched Cris's Crab25 flight video, and it was quite impressive... she should serve you well.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:52 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,261 Posts
I will be glad to shoot a few pics. I think it's Velcro. I don't have it yet, but its in the states now so it should be here within the next few days. I'll shoot ya a Pm with pic once I get it in.

My walkera v1 is supposed to be here tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

I think I'm going to try and get my hands on a used devo 7 or 7e as I really like the thought of switching between 6 and 3 axis vs. having to keep changing it on the transmitter while binding on the 2402d.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:12 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
^
jlcamp7, if I were you I'd give the 2402d a chance first to see if it's 'good enough' for the time being since it's basically a freebee, you might be surprised at how decent it is. it has the look and feel of it's big brothers, minus all the toggle switches and features of course. unless you want to sell it as 'brand new,' which might also make sense

vpsporb, I'm tempted by the Mini Fly being that I'm a beginner to hobby grade quads, because it's ARF and cheaper than a mQX (last time I checked). unfortunately my funds are also currently tied up in a nano-fpv project (hint hint taken though)!

the frame looks very pretty and is only 65g, but due to the fiberglass arms I'd be afraid to fly it. solid aluminum arms seem like a better way to go.

since the market for these quads seems to be progressing so rapidly, I'm more inclined to hold off for now and save up and see what happens
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Last edited by flying toaster; Sep 30, 2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:29 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,261 Posts
Yeah all the fiberglass looks nice but also scares me as a newb as well. The nice thing is the frame on many of these quads are cheaper then what I would spend sometimes after one crash with one of my fix pitch helis.

I'm definitely going to give the 2402d a try and sure ill like it, but I've seen some really good deals lately on the 7 so if another one shows up for like $40 on the forums and I sell my 2402 it'll end up only costing me a few extra bucks.

I'm really interested in wanting to try out the deviation software but don't have the cash to just go buy a supported Walkera tx just to try it out and then end up not liking it. My only concern with the software is that with how fast everything moves in the walkera world, I'm afraid in six months they will have moved on to new radios the software will no longer be updated and all of the sudden when I buy new spektrum equipment I will be out of luck because it won't work.

So tempted to try it though as I really like having one tx and if I can fly all my spektrum receivers and micro planes that would just be awesome!
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:50 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
J,
In all the other multicopters I've flown with accels, it is recommended not to switch between gyro only and accel aided while inflight due top possible loss of control. I don't see anything in the Ladybird manual that mentions any caution for inflight switching inflight with the DEVO 7 information, but it is something to carefully check out first. With the DEVO 2402d you have to be on the ground to do some rapid throttle up, power on the Tx then LB, and then pitch up/down cycles to get the green LED to stay lit which indicates gyro only. So having to do that you are already on the ground in a non-moving state to get a good power on calibration.

From what I've read mine has V1 firmware since there is no way it will roll with the accelerometer engaged. I have seem written that the upgrade firmware does allow rolls and flips with the accelerometer engaged. I also saw the upgrade firmware still shows v1.0 after it is loaded.

I ordered the UP-02 too for the firmware updates, so I will check that out when it gets here.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
I will be glad to shoot a few pics. I think it's Velcro. I don't have it yet, but its in the states now so it should be here within the next few days. I'll shoot ya a Pm with pic once I get it in.

My walkera v1 is supposed to be here tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

I think I'm going to try and get my hands on a used devo 7 or 7e as I really like the thought of switching between 6 and 3 axis vs. having to keep changing it on the transmitter while binding on the 2402d.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:58 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Anyone try this one yet? http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Vi...)-p-51256.html
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:16 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,128 Posts
Chinese review on the HiSKY quad

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Yet another quad, this one is from HiSky.

My translation:

4 Axis Flying Device
360 degrees unlimited flip
To pair up with: CY400 (transmitter)

USD 47

Due to problems with package design, the quad was originally planned to be on sale in late July but it couldn't. Sorry!

HiSKY: http://www.chiyuan.net/
Online Shop: http://hisky-hobby.taobao.com/
http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mo...ead&tid=684161

Selected translation (on the comparison with V939):
1. It is more powerful and the motors are hotter.
2. V939 flight seems to be smoother
3. Durable, motors are well-protected.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:21 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
My right rear motor on my mjx x100 is not working, dissapointing because it's hardly been flown at all! It flew great before that though and I don't see a replacement motor for it @ BangGood . Does anyone know if I can use the mini pet motor booms as a replacement? Or where I might get the MJX x100 booms? Thanks in advance!
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:10 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,261 Posts
Hey Jim, thanks for that info. Greatly appreciated. Let us know on the walkera update. Wondering if the update is worth it or if it might already have it.