HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:42 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza2003au View Post
bugger i have 6 or 8 packs of the 4S 1500mah's so far they've been good theres a thread here on them http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1607931
I checked the IR on my Icharger 206b and the 1300 came up best and the 2200 the worst, I am planning to leave the Z84 the way it is, I currently have a new Funjet ready to go and want to finish my new F27c stryker the same as the old one.
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:36 AM
The Need4Speed
fooyukvoon's Avatar
Malaysia, Perak, Ipoh
Joined Aug 2008
932 Posts
Guys,

Just got JungleGym's reply on his setup. He installed his EDF pointing slightly upwards. B'cos of the weight of the EDF, he still needed to add ballast even with the 4S 2200mah pack.

Foo
fooyukvoon is offline Find More Posts by fooyukvoon
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:45 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooyukvoon View Post
Guys,

Just got JungleGym's reply on his setup. He installed his EDF pointing slightly upwards. B'cos of the weight of the EDF, he still needed to add ballast even with the 4S 2200mah pack.

Foo
I'm not surprised he needed ballast, goes along with my findings lol.
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:33 AM
The Need4Speed
fooyukvoon's Avatar
Malaysia, Perak, Ipoh
Joined Aug 2008
932 Posts
Guys,

Do you think the Wing Wing can take a Scorpion HK2221-8 3565kv Outrunner on an APC 5x5 (3S 2200mah - Prop Speed : 236 , Static Thrust : 798, Current : 42 Amps) ?

Is it too much for this little wing to handle?

Gonna measure the mounting now.....

Foo
fooyukvoon is offline Find More Posts by fooyukvoon
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:33 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooyukvoon View Post
Guys,

Do you think the Wing Wing can take a Scorpion HK2221-8 3565kv Outrunner on an APC 5x5 (3S 2200mah - Prop Speed : 236 , Static Thrust : 798, Current : 42 Amps) ?

Is it too much for this little wing to handle?

Gonna measure the mounting now.....

Foo
The most important piece of information is what you missed, the weight ?.
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:46 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooyukvoon View Post
Guys,

Do you think the Wing Wing can take a Scorpion HK2221-8 3565kv Outrunner on an APC 5x5 (3S 2200mah - Prop Speed : 236 , Static Thrust : 798, Current : 42 Amps) ?

Is it too much for this little wing to handle?

Gonna measure the mounting now.....

Foo
Ok so it weighs 79 grams, seeing its a heli motor i am guessing that you cant push the shaft out the other end, so it will need to be mounted inside, this will help with CofG, but it's going to be cramped in there lol.
It will fit as long as you reverse the motor mount around and install it in backwards, you will still need to remove some foam to allow the motor wires to get passed the motor and not rub.
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:53 PM
The Need4Speed
fooyukvoon's Avatar
Malaysia, Perak, Ipoh
Joined Aug 2008
932 Posts
It fits but with just a very small gap between the motor and the foam hatch. Looking at it, cooling for the motor will only come from the 2 little holes underneath the front. And if I use the motor as is, I'll have to make a face plate that will block all air flow coming out too.

Sure was tempted to use that motor but I think I better stick with another outrunner that I have. (it's a 26mm 2750kv outrunner) and move this to my bigger wing.

Foo
fooyukvoon is offline Find More Posts by fooyukvoon
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:59 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooyukvoon View Post
It fits but with just a very small gap between the motor and the foam hatch. Looking at it, cooling for the motor will only come from the 2 little holes underneath the front. And if I use the motor as is, I'll have to make a face plate that will block all air flow coming out too.

Sure was tempted to use that motor but I think I better stick with another outrunner that I have. (it's a 26mm 2750kv outrunner) and move this to my bigger wing.

Foo
yeah that was my call as well.
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:52 PM
Soaring Fanatic!
Joined Dec 2008
797 Posts
Has anyone tired the WingWing Z-84 on the slopes yet?
8thelephant is online now Find More Posts by 8thelephant
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:46 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
17 Posts
i have the same idea. maybe we can get some surprise after try.
rcfanfun is offline Find More Posts by rcfanfun
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:03 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thelephant View Post
Has anyone tired the WingWing Z-84 on the slopes yet?
I believe it should be great, give it a go.
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:15 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfanfun View Post
i have the same idea. maybe we can get some surprise after try.
give it a go
cfcf is offline Find More Posts by cfcf
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:03 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
14 Posts
Wing Wing Z-84 131km/h (2 min 1 sec)

Z-84 'WingWing' at Fort Funston (2 min 1 sec)

Wing wing z84 hobbyking (0 min 41 sec)

[Zeta] Z-84 Wing wing (1 min 2 sec)

Wing Wing Z 84 50mm EDF 4s (2 min 43 sec)

[ZETA] Wing wing Z-84 (3 min 17 sec)

ZETA wing wing z-84 Flying (1 min 41 sec)

Wing Wing Z-84 (1 min 50 sec)

Asa voadora 85 cm (1 min 31 sec)

Wing Wing Aufbau Movie supported by Ready2fly.com (7 min 29 sec)

Wing Wing Fly Video supported by Ready2fly.com (2 min 36 sec)

Wing Wing X-84 (1 min 25 sec)

Wing-wing Z84 無尾翼機 PNP完成機(EPO) (3 min 51 sec)

Zeta Science Wing Wing Z84 変わった場所で飛ばしてみました (3 min 14 sec)

Wing-Wing (3 min 35 sec)
chul00 is offline Find More Posts by chul00
Last edited by chul00; Nov 09, 2012 at 11:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:54 AM
"We gave them the bird...."
BennyT's Avatar
Australia, SA, Athelstone
Joined Jan 2011
1,867 Posts
Arrived home late last night and my wing wing was in a box by the table for me! Excited!

Pulled it out and love the packaging and overall appearance.

Maybe time for a build thread.....what do you guys think?

Ben
BennyT is offline Find More Posts by BennyT
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:56 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyT View Post
Arrived home late last night and my wing wing was in a box by the table for me! Excited!

Pulled it out and love the packaging and overall appearance.

Maybe time for a build thread.....what do you guys think?

Ben
Sounds like a great idea, maybe this is a build thread lol.
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Idea Strengthening nose and wing of um t-28 Trojan djsoccerstar5 Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 13 May 19, 2012 11:10 PM
Wanted Parkzone 3-Blade Prop, 9 x 7.5: F4U Corsair, T-28 Trojan Timewarp Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 1 Apr 02, 2012 03:35 AM
Wanted 1/3 scale newport bipe 28 wing jetboyta Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Mar 07, 2012 04:10 PM
Question e-flight outrunner w/ (?x? prop.) on a 28" wing and 3 cells=FAST????? Sammy B Foamies (Kits) 13 Jan 27, 2005 11:34 AM