that wing of jungle jims scoots along on the 50mm EDF ill doppler hes video now
Cool
aeromaniac is online now Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:58 PM
The Need4Speed
Malaysia, Perak, Ipoh
Joined Aug 2008
932 Posts
Just wish he'd pop in to his thread and give me a clue as to what thrust angle he used for his setup
fooyukvoon is offline Find More Posts by fooyukvoon
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:38 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooyukvoon View Post
Just wish he'd pop in to his thread and give me a clue as to what thrust angle he used for his setup
Send him a pm if you like.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:01 AM
The Need4Speed
Malaysia, Perak, Ipoh
Joined Aug 2008
932 Posts
Just got a chance to examine mine in detail. It's quite small Now to think about the power unit. Looking to go 3S 1300mah as I've got lots of 3S jets. May hack a different mount for my outrunner. All my motors hv the shaft the wrong way around.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:35 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,845 Posts
Quote:
Just got a chance to examine mine in detail. It's quite small Now to think about the power unit. Looking to go 3S 1300mah as I've got lots of 3S jets. May hack a different mount for my outrunner. All my motors hv the shaft the wrong way around.
Surprisingly you can fit any battery from 1300-2200mah up front, the trick however is getting the right motor in the back without making it tail heavy lol. How high a kv are your motors ?.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:46 PM
The Need4Speed
Malaysia, Perak, Ipoh
Joined Aug 2008
932 Posts
I've got a 2200kv currently in a bigger wing. A 2950kv spare with the shaft coming out the wrong way and lots of edf motors.

On my bigger wing, the motor is fitted with the motor angled upwards. (facing rearward) A bit concerned about this on this little wing. Viewed a video of I think is a factory video, showing the Z-84 upon launching, dips/dives downwards until the flyer pulls it up. How does yours fly off on launching?

I figured with a cg farther forward of the default position (heavier head), this diving characteristic on launch will end pretty ugly. I have my cg on my other wings far ahead of the recommended position. Which I think the upward facing motor pushes down on the Trailing Edge of the wing n lifts the heavy head at the front. Am I assuming it correctly?

Foo
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:58 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,845 Posts
Quote:
I've got a 2200kv currently in a bigger wing. A 2950kv spare with the shaft coming out the wrong way and lots of edf motors.

On my bigger wing, the motor is fitted with the motor angled upwards. (facing rearward) A bit concerned about this on this little wing. Viewed a video of I think is a factory video, showing the Z-84 upon launching, dips/dives downwards until the flyer pulls it up. How does yours fly off on launching?

I figured with a cg farther forward of the default position (heavier head), this diving characteristic on launch will end pretty ugly. I have my cg on my other wings far ahead of the recommended position. Which I think the upward facing motor pushes down on the Trailing Edge of the wing n lifts the heavy head at the front. Am I assuming it correctly?

Foo
This is one of the nicest wing to launch, I use about 2/3 throttle and launch into a 15% climb and she is away, I am running 3s 1300mah batteries and the 24gram 3000kv motor with a 4.1x4.1 prop and it goes great.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:00 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,845 Posts
My F27c Stryker had up thrust on the motor mount which is quite common, the funjet is level and I want to level this one off and see what happens.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:20 PM
The Need4Speed
Malaysia, Perak, Ipoh
Joined Aug 2008
932 Posts
This wing is just too nice to have a dented nose after it's first maiden....
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:03 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,845 Posts
I have just taken my mount out and am taking out the down thrust, will be interesting.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:05 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
4,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromaniac View Post
I have just taken my mount out and am taking out the down thrust, will be interesting.
make sure u use 4-6mm up reflex mate
gazza2003au is offline Find More Posts by gazza2003au
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:49 AM
The Need4Speed
Malaysia, Perak, Ipoh
Joined Aug 2008
932 Posts
Just double checked the thrust line on my bigger wing. It 'looks' parallel to the wing.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:03 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza2003au View Post
make sure u use 4-6mm up reflex mate
Will do gazza I am talking about the downthrust on the motor mount or should I say up thrust ?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:04 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,845 Posts
Quote:
Just double checked the thrust line on my bigger wing. It 'looks' parallel to the wing.
Funjet, radjet all the same parallel to the fuz