Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:17 AM
"We gave them the bird...."
Australia, SA, Athelstone
Joined Jan 2011
1,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalash View Post
H ello all

I want one wing, but well for now budget is low...so would like to ask if someone can send me plans of the Sonic 64 EDF Wing EPO or the Neptune since the same, or even a draw with sizes and measures, so i can build my own thanks all for the help.

Regards
We are discussing the Wing Wing Z84 here - look for the Sonic 64 thread and one of the owners may help you.

This model is cheap however and you could not really buy the parts for the price that it comes ARF to you.

Ben
BennyT is online now Find More Posts by BennyT
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:58 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1 Posts
I've tried setting up my wing wing with the 24g 3000kv motor and 4.1X4.1 prop. After flying it on 1/4 to 1/2 throttle on 1300 3s batts, the motor leaked some green oil and with further flying, finally burnt out. It was so hot that the plastic motor mount melted! Upon checking, it seems 2 coils on the motor were burnt (black) and the coil ends were rubbing against the magnet. Can I seek some advice on my set up, is it due to some error in my set up (eg should use 2S batts instead of 3S) or I just got a lemon motor?

I can't seem to get my prop to sit snugly on the prop saver too. As its a pusher set up, if I mount the prop correctly (concave surface facing backwards), none of the prop ring adaptors will work as they fit behind and not in front of the prop where the prop saver actually fits into the prop. Does anyone know any tips on how to mod the prop to fit?

sorry for my long queries, would really appreciate any advice please, thanks!
hoppinghippos is offline Find More Posts by hoppinghippos
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:54 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2011
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyT View Post
We are discussing the Wing Wing Z84 here - look for the Sonic 64 thread and one of the owners may help you.

This model is cheap however and you could not really buy the parts for the price that it comes ARF to you.

Ben
This is the third cross post that he's done that I'm aware of. He's already posted in the Sonic and the Neptune threads.
BrettAltea is offline Find More Posts by BrettAltea
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:29 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,887 Posts
It was just a friendly 'keep the thread on track and try looking here msg'

@hoppinghippos - I am not sure as mine is stock standard but one of the other guys may be able to help you.

Gotta maiden my new Dx8 TX with the wing wing this weekend. See how much different it is to the dx6i....
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:50 AM
United States, SC, Greer
Joined Nov 2012
68 Posts
How does this wing handle flying in wind? It seems like there is always a 5-15mph wind when I go fly, sometimes more.. I would assume that the heavier setups would do better in the wind with the added weight.

Thanks
SOOFLY is offline Find More Posts by SOOFLY
Last edited by SOOFLY; Feb 01, 2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:43 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2011
648 Posts
Its reasonable, though not great. The faster setup you have the better it'll be. Because it's light bit with a big cross section it can get blown around a bit.
It's funny that it is always said that the bigger the easier it is to fly in the wind because the best plane I have for wind is the small Funfighter Rarebear - though I found out that 60km/hr gusts are my limit.
BrettAltea is offline Find More Posts by BrettAltea
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:52 PM
United States, SC, Greer
Joined Nov 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettAltea View Post
Its reasonable, though not great. The faster setup you have the better it'll be. Because it's light bit with a big cross section it can get blown around a bit.
It's funny that it is always said that the bigger the easier it is to fly in the wind because the best plane I have for wind is the small Funfighter Rarebear - though I found out that 60km/hr gusts are my limit.
Is there another wing in the $50-75 range (not including electronics) that you would recommend that could handle wind better. What I'm really looking for is that go to plane that I can enjoy on windy days.
SOOFLY is offline Find More Posts by SOOFLY
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:00 AM
Joined Jul 2007
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettAltea View Post
I found the same with my Trojan Funfighter on 4s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOOFLY View Post
Is there another wing in the $50-75 range (not including electronics) that you would recommend that could handle wind better. What I'm really looking for is that go to plane that I can enjoy on windy days.
Try a Radjet800
The_RattleSnake is offline Find More Posts by The_RattleSnake
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:08 PM
The Need4Speed
Malaysia, Perak, Ipoh
Joined Aug 2008
933 Posts
Guys, finally maiden my Wing yesterday. Had the downthrust on the motor mount removed. Using a 2200kv Outrunner on 3S 1300mah with a 4.75x4.75 (waiting for a 6x4 to arrive). CG is a little bit forward of the 2 dimples underneath.

No diving on banking in a turn but I notice a need to put in right aileron constantly. I have no right thrust offset at the motor mount. The winds was from my right side though. Could not having a right thrust offset be a problem?

I have moded the mount to induce a bit of right thrust but can only test this coming weekend.

Any thought about this?

Thanks.
fooyukvoon is offline Find More Posts by fooyukvoon
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:54 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,887 Posts
You really need to trim it up on a calm day as the wind will play around with this a fair bit, especially if the plane is banking, a cross wind will really push it in the turn depending which way you are turning.

Plane will fly well at med speed on a calm day giving you a long flight time too.

Glad you had a good maiden and came down in one piece!

Ben
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:06 AM
Joined Jul 2007
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooyukvoon View Post
No diving on banking in a turn but I notice a need to put in right aileron constantly. I have no right thrust offset at the motor mount. The winds was from my right side though. Could not having a right thrust offset be a problem?

I have moded the mount to induce a bit of right thrust but can only test this coming weekend.

Any thought about this?

Thanks.
The direction of the wind has nothing to do with it, nor does having no right/
left offset on the motor.

My wingwing is flying perfictly straight and it doesnt have any right thrust offset.

Make sure your elevons are set correctly and that the weight of each wing is the same for a start.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:19 AM
The Need4Speed
Malaysia, Perak, Ipoh
Joined Aug 2008
933 Posts
Have balanced the wing L/R before the maiden. Could be the strong wind on that day. Will find out this weekend.
fooyukvoon is offline Find More Posts by fooyukvoon
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:40 AM
Joined Dec 2011
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOOFLY View Post
You don't need to find another wing. Get an Orange 3-axis gyro from Hobbyking. It will allow you to fly even in very high winds.
sonnydc is offline Find More Posts by sonnydc
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:17 AM
Joined Jul 2007
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydc View Post
You don't need to find another wing. Get an Orange 3-axis gyro from Hobbyking. It will allow you to fly even in very high winds.
I have a V2 Orange 3axis, it works very well, remote on/off is handy too.

The onboard vtail/delta mixers work well .
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:47 PM
Joined Dec 2011
134 Posts
One wing wing order on the way
sonnydc is offline Find More Posts by sonnydc