HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:17 AM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,033 Posts
Heck yeah, I'd love to add some to mine!
Sixinarow is offline Find More Posts by Sixinarow
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:36 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,446 Posts
Micro retracts?

Oh yeah
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:27 AM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicfoamy View Post
just tinkering here but i think some simple mechanical retracts might be possible?? Still working out some bugs on one of the beta airframes. The parts are very small and had to be laser cut.
heck yeah! I'd buy some for sure!!!! It would use a separate servo right? Also, do you have an estimated date of when it would be available if they work?
electricrc68 is online now Find More Posts by electricrc68
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by electricrc68; Aug 07, 2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:08 AM
Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
heck yeah! I'd buy some for sure!!!! It would use a separate servo right? Also, do you have an estimated date of when it would be available if they work?
I will post more info today.
DynamicFoamy is offline Find More Posts by DynamicFoamy
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Customer Support Forum
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:00 PM
Joined May 2011
4,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicFoamy View Post
I will post more info today.
Okay cool. I'll be waiting.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:21 PM
Addicted
Joined Dec 2011
1,033 Posts
Mine shows delivery for tomorrow. I'll take pics when done building, if not during.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 03:12 PM
Joined May 2011
4,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow View Post
Mine shows delivery for tomorrow. I'll take pics when done building, if not during.
Cool cant wait to see! Im holding off until the retracts are up and working.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 08, 2012, 03:49 PM
Happy fly begin
Joined Aug 2004
681 Posts
My 747 showed up on Monday. Ready to go weight with a 150 battery is 22.5 grams. Used a brick out of a vapor and the mcpx motor and prop.
JimH is offline Find More Posts by JimH
Old Aug 08, 2012, 04:29 PM
Addicted
Joined Dec 2011
1,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimH View Post
My 747 showed up on Monday. Ready to go weight with a 150 battery is 22.5 grams. Used a brick out of a vapor and the mcpx motor and prop.
Vapor brick is a good idea since it is only a 3-channel. I have an mCPX that I don't fly so I'll test out it's tail motor and rotor.

I have the V1 and V2 rotors...propellers.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:58 PM
Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
223 Posts
I am continuing to work on the retract project for the airliners. If I can get the system to function reliably I would defiantly sell retract kits for the models, BUT. It is important that you understand that assembling and installing these is no easy task. The parts are very small and the many mechanical linkages all have to be spot on in order for them to function. I would not offer any type of guarantee that these would work and you could potently ruin your airplane in the process.

The system uses standard nylon pin hinges for the two rear retracts. These are free of slop, readily available and low resistance. Each retract will be operated by push rods leading to a main bell crank. In the extended position each rod pushes against an opposing force parallel to the bell crank arm as to minimize forces exerted on the linear servo. I am running a radio with adjustable servo speed programming. I think it is set at 3.5 sec. for the maximum range of motion. Programmable servo speed is very nice as it slows down the process (looks scale) and minimizes strain from too much acceleration of the parts.

This is going to be a slow process as my time is very limited right now. I will keep you posted with updates and availability as it happens. Please continue to post pictures and feedback about your completed Dynamic Foamy Micro Airliner. The First customer to post (on this thread) a YouTube video of their Airliner in flight WILL GET A FREE Airliner kit of their choice! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Thanks again,
Bert
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:09 PM
Addicted
Joined Dec 2011
1,033 Posts
If I can build it tomorrow night I will have a vid by Friday morning
Old Aug 08, 2012, 11:47 PM
FLY FREE
chicago
Joined Jul 2008
151 Posts
Hmmm... how much extra weight do the retracts add? And do they affect the CG much?

What do you guys think of using the Blade Sr120 tail motor and prop for this kind of airframe? It might be a bit more tail heavy, but the motor has a lot of power, and the gear might offset the CG towards the nose???

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ProdID=BLH3129
http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ProdID=BLH3117

Just a thought
Rcflying boy is offline Find More Posts by Rcflying boy
Old Aug 09, 2012, 12:24 AM
Joined Apr 2012
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
Oh okay thanks. Thats easy then. Now to get the money to buy an A380... Buying a slow stick first for my spare electronics from a failed scratchbuild....money is tight when you're only 15.
even tighter when you are 12
minimicrorc is offline Find More Posts by minimicrorc
Old Aug 09, 2012, 06:56 AM
Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcflying boy View Post
Hmmm... how much extra weight do the retracts add? And do they affect the CG much?

What do you guys think of using the Blade Sr120 tail motor and prop for this kind of airframe? It might be a bit more tail heavy, but the motor has a lot of power, and the gear might offset the CG towards the nose???

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ProdID=BLH3129
http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ProdID=BLH3117

Just a thought
I am shooting for 5g's or less total. Weight distribution should not be an issue because the battery and additional liner servo locations are user defined. Obtaining proper CG should not be an issue due to the weight differential between the rear units and single lighter nose unit. One solution to help offset the added weight would be to add small leading and trailing edge slats (.125-.25'') to the main wing to increase wing area. I will look at the sr120 unit, might have one laying around here somewhere.
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:40 AM
Joined May 2011
4,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicFoamy View Post
I am continuing to work on the retract project for the airliners. If I can get the system to function reliably I would defiantly sell retract kits for the models, BUT. It is important that you understand that assembling and installing these is no easy task. The parts are very small and the many mechanical linkages all have to be spot on in order for them to function. I would not offer any type of guarantee that these would work and you could potently ruin your airplane in the process.

The system uses standard nylon pin hinges for the two rear retracts. These are free of slop, readily available and low resistance. Each retract will be operated by push rods leading to a main bell crank. In the extended position each rod pushes against an opposing force parallel to the bell crank arm as to minimize forces exerted on the linear servo. I am running a radio with adjustable servo speed programming. I think it is set at 3.5 sec. for the maximum range of motion. Programmable servo speed is very nice as it slows down the process (looks scale) and minimizes strain from too much acceleration of the parts.

This is going to be a slow process as my time is very limited right now. I will keep you posted with updates and availability as it happens. Please continue to post pictures and feedback about your completed Dynamic Foamy Micro Airliner. The First customer to post (on this thread) a YouTube video of their Airliner in flight WILL GET A FREE Airliner kit of their choice! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Thanks again,
Bert
Oh shoot. Thats not a good thing for me then...i broke my T-28's tail one time because i was too rough.
RCG Plus Member