HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:28 PM
Crazy Canuck
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2007
2,174 Posts
All ready......................suspense is building up to it's test flight!!! winds are quiet now but not enough for me to nervously try.
NEWBEFLYER is online now Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:45 PM
Crazy Canuck
Joined Apr 2007
2,174 Posts
Where did I get the Airhoggs

Well you need to just look around the Target,Toy'sR Us, K-mart, Walmart stores every now and then, as they only pop up once in a blue moon. These I found at Toy'sRus got them for $12 apiece,there was that A-10 Wart Hog those are 30mm units to and have only the two blade instead of three blade fans but it was like $39 on sale for $20 at the time, the two blade works ok but the three is better. I yet to try the two blade set up with a mustang motor in it but for now the A-10 is flying well for thrust vectoring flying so haven't destroyed it yet. Waiting to soon.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined Apr 2012
316 Posts
went to all targets in my within 30 miles couldny find one
minimicrorc is offline Find More Posts by minimicrorc
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:09 AM
Crazy Canuck
Joined Apr 2007
2,174 Posts
Yea I hear ya it's basically a hit and miss thing sometimes their there and most times they're not. I keep looking for them and just by chance they might be there. Remember the star scream EDF jets? you can still find them in ENGLAND but for a heavy price to get them here not worth it. There's 30 mm EDF from GWS but they're brushless and 2s units but still good to use. I bought a set of them awhile back and still need to put them in one of my "other jet projects"
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:40 PM
Joined Mar 2006
177 Posts
help guys
I got a jetliner and the decals went easy but they are now comming off of the plane
is there a mold release that i was suposed to take off befor i put the decals on
has anyone had this problem if so what is the solution
tom
chem teacher2 is offline Find More Posts by chem teacher2
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:50 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,505 Posts
You should clean the foam well before applying decals. I used rubbing alcohol and it seemed to work but a few hot days and they started peeling off.

Just have to watch them carefully
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:02 AM
Crazy Canuck
Joined Apr 2007
2,174 Posts
Yea my decals went on well (even did the cleaning foam thing too) but after "flying at speed" they're now peeling off. I just use a little glue thinned out and rubbed them back on again. But the decals need to be worked on with the gluing department. Or just don't fly fast LOL. Oh well guess I will just use a sharpie.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:10 AM
Crazy Canuck
Joined Apr 2007
2,174 Posts
Well I test flew it and it does fly ......kinda, I need just a touch more power(is there a 1s 180 30c out there?) I might try to trim off some more weight from 27gr. I had my EDF glider at 27 gr and it flew well but it may be the delta wing requires a little more "push " then a glider wing. I am also thinking of going brushless with the UM Mig-15,may add more weight but then there's loads of power, just need to tuned down the power setting to keep from ripping the wings off (and keeping it below super sonic speeds, the neighbors might complain about the shattered windows as I fly by LOL)I I should be able to try that out next week and see what happens....so if you hear any news of a super sonic boom from my next of the woods that'll be me HA Still waiting on Gary's flight he should be doing it very soon. So stay tune and we'll see how it goes.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:53 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
938 Posts
NEWBEFLYER, You may want to try these fans on 2s! I always ran them on 2s for more power. Your mileage may vary, but I used them for more than a year on the higher voltage. If your gear is light enough and wing loading low you may even want to go back to 2 fans. i always used these by the pair when ever possible. I used a CC Pixie 7 esc for these. (Brushed of course). The charger uses 4x1.5v batteries which is 6v total so these work fine on the higher voltage. Trust me
MUTCAKE is offline Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:26 PM
Crazy Canuck
Joined Apr 2007
2,174 Posts
I still like to keep it 30mm brushed wit ha !s battery. I know how difficult it is to do that and I now have a 300 1s 35c battery and it seems to be giving it more kick in the power. Jin and PEte who made micro jets F-86 and Mig-17 have tried the brushed 1s route and ended up doing what you did brushless ,2s. I did make a glider (easy to fly) and put a 30mm EDF brushed with a 1s and she flew very well indoors. With the Concorde the delta wing requires alittle more push to get it flying. I'm persistent and determined to make it work . I just finished a 36"ws Blanik glider and testing it out and thne will make the same one and put on a EDF from the UM Mig should be plenty of power and I might have to reduce the power so as not to rip the wings off LOL
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:42 AM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBEFLYER View Post
I'm persistent and determined to make it work .
Paul,

Do you sleep?

Gene K
speedy01 is online now Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:31 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,496 Posts
What's this thing called "sleep"?
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:36 AM
Crazy Canuck
Joined Apr 2007
2,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01 View Post
Paul,

Do you sleep?

Gene K
Only when I'm tired of staying awake LOL I like it when everyone is sleeping and it's nice a quiet. It's a great time to work on projects and do things without all the noise of daily life buzzing around you.
Finished the Blanik glider just in time for he Hurricane to start blowing through so now I'll start making the second one and see it I can put the UM Mig-15 EDF unit and stufff on it. I got Pete to give me one of those nano tech batteries with a higher C rating to try out on the Concorde and might even try it on the DF-380 to give it a ""BOAST" LOLI love it when I get in the building mode and just make one plane after another till I run out of planes to make. Now there's my NIB Wattage Cessna 165 30" WS to look at making at the end of the long line of kits to make. Mmmmmmmm
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:46 AM
Crazy Canuck
Joined Apr 2007
2,174 Posts
Oh here's that kit on the Cessna ,sorry to take up another topic here on this site will get back to the original topic now.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:29 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,003 Posts
Just put the decals on my SST, will let them dry overnight then start assembly tomorrow.

Don
The Don is offline Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member