HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:56 AM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,064 Posts
Well my phone takes video in mp4 format which my work pc doesn't recognize. I didn't think Youtube would care but it does.

I'll try webshots and if that doesn't work it will have to wait until I get home.
Sixinarow is offline Find More Posts by Sixinarow
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:15 AM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow View Post
Well my phone takes video in mp4 format which my work pc doesn't recognize.
There are MANY free players that will handle mp4, for example: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html.

Gene K
speedy01 is online now Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:25 AM
Crazy Canuck
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2007
2,148 Posts
What about the XB-70 are you making that or is it available now?
NEWBEFLYER is online now Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:13 AM
Joined Apr 2012
315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBEFLYER View Post
What about the XB-70 are you making that or is it available now?
don't you mean concorde, although I would love an xb-70
minimicrorc is offline Find More Posts by minimicrorc
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:51 PM
Addicted
Joined Dec 2011
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01 View Post
There are MANY free players that will handle mp4, for example: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html.

Gene K
I got it downloaded to my webshots album. Yes, I hit the light pole. It was breezy and with the wings folding it got a little sloppy! But I can glue 'er back up.

It won't embed, so here it is.

http://entertainment.webshots.com/vi...=entertainment
Last edited by Sixinarow; Aug 22, 2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:06 PM
Addicted
Joined Dec 2011
1,064 Posts
Testing embed...nope, not working.

I'll get more and better video when I get it repaired. Still need to maiden the 380.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:49 PM
Addicted
Joined Dec 2011
1,064 Posts
Maidened the 380 this afternoon. I love it! I think it flies better than the DF-11. Slightly heavier but a slightly bigger wing, too.

Does anyone else have to add a lot of up-trim to the elevator to get it to fly level? Yes, this is after I've adjusted to get the proper CG.

Also, is anyone's decals coming off? I used plenty of water and let it air dry for a few hours. I wonder if the foam should have been wiped clean with water beforehand. Maybe some oil on the foam?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:32 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,631 Posts
Hey sixinarow, what brick/Rx/ESC are you using on the plane with the SR120 motor, I'm considering a micro A10 build while I wait for these to be in stock with the uk supplier so I need to know what can hadle the SR120 motor.
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:46 PM
Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow View Post
Maidened the 380 this afternoon. I love it! I think it flies better than the DF-11. Slightly heavier but a slightly bigger wing, too.

Does anyone else have to add a lot of up-trim to the elevator to get it to fly level? Yes, this is after I've adjusted to get the proper CG.

Also, is anyone's decals coming off? I used plenty of water and let it air dry for a few hours. I wonder if the foam should have been wiped clean with water beforehand. Maybe some oil on the foam?

Would not hurt to clean the foam. I have not had an issue with them falling or coming off (over 10 models so far), But I have had to remove some for re-designs and they do come off easily. Sometimes too much water stays between the decal and foam. I found that pressing the decal down working the water out to the edges does help in the long run.

Bert
DynamicFoamy is offline Find More Posts by DynamicFoamy
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Customer Support Forum
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:49 PM
Addicted
Joined Dec 2011
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
Hey sixinarow, what brick/Rx/ESC are you using on the plane with the SR120 motor, I'm considering a micro A10 build while I wait for these to be in stock with the uk supplier so I need to know what can hadle the SR120 motor.
I'm using the SPMAR6400L

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...dID=SPMAR6400L
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:50 PM
Addicted
Joined Dec 2011
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicFoamy View Post
Would not hurt to clean the foam. I have not had an issue with them falling or coming off (over 10 models so far), But I have had to remove some for re-designs and they do come off easily. Sometimes too much water stays between the decal and foam. I found that pressing the decal down working the water out to the edges does help in the long run.

Bert
Thanks Bert, I'll try that next time. Yes, I will be purchasing more from you
Old Aug 23, 2012, 03:46 PM
Crazy Canuck
Joined Apr 2007
2,148 Posts
Just put in the order for the XB-70(yep they have it on their site and you can order it the ?Concorde will be coming soon ) I plan to use the box on the bottom and put in two 30mm GP F-86 fan units in it and watch it go super sonic!!! I like the new site and nicely done good job.
My DF-380 is almost complete and the decals are holding on but there's some of the edges starting to peel off but I put some coating on top of it and it holds them down.
I also used the night vapor brick from a slightly "crashed ,banged up vapor" and even got the lights off of it(you have to be a good surgen with steady hands,but they're just taped on the wings and fuse and you can remove them without breaking the wires) and think I'll put them on the DF-380 ....now that will look cool for "night flying" I found
Last edited by NEWBEFLYER; Aug 23, 2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:44 PM
Addicted
Joined Dec 2011
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimicrorc View Post
don't you mean concorde, although I would love an xb-70
There is an XB-70 but it is not in the same class as these little airliners. It takes a brushless outrunner, elevon mixing, 4-channel, etc.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:00 PM
Crazy Canuck
Joined Apr 2007
2,148 Posts
That is correct and that's why I'm getting it it's bigger and fit right in the perimeters of what I wish to do. If there was a micro version of it now that would be something interesting to work with to for just one 30mm EDF!!!mmmmmmmm ideas going through the engineering department par of my head
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:09 PM
Addicted
Joined Dec 2011
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBEFLYER View Post
My DF-380 is almost complete
Let me know how it flies with the backwards mCPX rotor