SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by verticalspark, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:19 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,093 Posts
Discussion
Wing Build

So I already posted in the wing section of RCGroups and it can be found here.

But my goal is build a wing from dollar tree foam for my micro stryker guts. Its not going to be a blistering fast wing that is built for speed like the stryker is. But more of a slower wing with a much higher glide ratio with the possibility of attaching a stripped 808 cam to the front for some fun.

I have a little more research to do with the wing CoG and such. Then to figure out shape, thickness and electronics placement. Then I have to play around with the dollar tree foam as I have never tried to use it before and Im broke so no EPP for more But it cant get much cheaper than a couple sheets of $tree foam, some elmers glue and some sand paper. Already have some carbon rod hanging around, all the electronics and plenty of time. Now to do a little research.

Adam
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Busy Life
to remove ads between posts