HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2012, 03:54 PM
Sweden (born UK bred Wales)
Joined Aug 2002
458 Posts
Discussion
So what's happened to the Slow Stick since I've been gone?

Hi!

I dusted off my Slow Stick after 6 years of inactivity with the intention of flying it again. But it looks rather tired and the wing is a bit busted up.

No problem I thought, the SS is a super popular plane and there are replacement parts available. I did some searching though and discovered that these planes are no longer sold in Sweden, and spare parts seemed rather scarce (wing kit). And it seems to me that there isn't as much SS buzz on these forums these days.

So what's happened in the 6 years whilst I've been gone? Is the SS being discontinued? I really liked the simplicity of the design and the slow flying characteristics. Has any other model 'de-throned' the Slow Stick, if so what?

thanks!
konaboy is offline Find More Posts by konaboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2012, 04:59 PM
Just having fun
United States, KY, Hopkinsville
Joined Feb 2008
2,084 Posts
The GWS Slow Stick is alive and well. For some reason there has been a shortage of them in the past 6 months or so but dealers say the stock is coming back. I hope they are just having the same shortage we are on this side of the pond and not actually stopping sales in Sweden.

The forum has been very active. It is in the Beginner Training Area of RC Groups. You can see it here.

I flew my Slow Stick earlier today.

Freddy
Fredriksson is offline Find More Posts by Fredriksson
Old Jul 29, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined Nov 2008
464 Posts
No worry, now you can get Slow Stick in different colour as well, order the parts on line and have them ship to Sweden.

Edmond
Edmond Y is offline Find More Posts by Edmond Y
Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:31 PM
Blacksburg, VA 24060 USA
Joined Feb 2000
3,158 Posts
And since six years ago, the new wing is now thicker, so it no longer tends to twist and dive the airplane, if you apply too much throttle.

Jim R.
JRuggiero is online now Find More Posts by JRuggiero
Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:02 PM
2xSalto my kid flies too!
USA, WI, Stoughton
Joined Jun 2000
300 Posts
new stick

then there's a carbon fuse stick, available brushless motor set up. My latest by my coult is model #5...Gave away #3 to a kid and his dad yesterday..you've never seen such big grins!!!
rcgreaves is offline Find More Posts by rcgreaves
Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:51 PM
Moose
San Diego
Joined Oct 2008
14 Posts
Get the goods here.

http://www.millenniumrc.com/SSXAccessories.html
moosebutler is offline Find More Posts by moosebutler
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:25 AM
Sweden (born UK bred Wales)
Joined Aug 2002
458 Posts
Thanks guys. My research however seems contradictory, I've googled for stores in UK that sell the SS without any success. For example, Sussex Model Center (where I bough my kit way back then) doesn't have it, only the PIco Stick.

I stumbled across some US sites but even they had no kits in stock. Don't really want to buy from the states due to shipping and import costs.

I've even searched ebay and Amazon without joy.

Like the look of the new colours and carbon stuff though and the Millenium R/C stuff looks cool but I'm happy to keep my SS stock (with exception of brushless motor).

Can anybody give me a link to a retailer in Europe.

thanks again!
konaboy is offline Find More Posts by konaboy