HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:52 AM
Ungifted Prodigy
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2012
288 Posts
Discussion
Has anyone tried the New Goodluckbuy Cheap Gimbals??

Hello there, about a week ago i stumbled upon this things here.
has anyone tried em, i mean they look really good, but i dont wanna jump in straight away. Are they rigid? are they reliable? i mean they are cheap arse and its really sweet.

Please let us know? thank you guys

360 Degrees Aerial PTZ Glass FiberAerial frame Applicable for FPV 450/500 model $54.10

Three Axis Aerial PTZ Glass Fiber Head Camera Pan/Tilt/Zoom Triaxial Aerial Photo Lightest Mount $80.57

Three Axis Synchronous Belt Drive Aerial PTZ Glass Fiber Pan/Tilt/Zoom Camera Mount $129.51

Rolling Disc Three Axis Aerial PTZ Pan/Tilt/Zoom Triaxial Aerial Camera Mount $188.52
Multor is offline Find More Posts by Multor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:07 AM
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Jan 2009
75 Posts
Gimbals

I want to try the Rolling Disc Three Axis Aerial PTZ. For that price I think that it is worth the chance.
wayneabonga is offline Find More Posts by wayneabonga
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:19 AM
Just never satisfied...
Sweden, Örebro County, Askersund
Joined Jul 2005
48 Posts
I've been looking at that one too. Not much data on that page...
It could be the right gimbal for a NEX-5n on a DJI F550. I'll take the chance and order one!
PairAir is offline Find More Posts by PairAir
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:30 AM
making crashing a lifestyle!
The Netherlands, UT, Soest
Joined Feb 2012
1,039 Posts
the top one does not support roll. so kinda useless.. it has 360 yaw.. a multi can do that task.

that second one looks very promising!
dutchcommando is offline Find More Posts by dutchcommando
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:36 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,244 Posts
I just got the one 2-axis with belt drives and 360° servos, I don't think regular servos would work. It's pretty big and heavy, I discarded the tripod part because it it waaay too big for my quad (RM650 from rctimer, copy of X650 V4). Still I had to shorten the "leg" that holds the camera mount by about 4 cm to make it fit under my quad. I am not sure my quad is able to lift it, it is still 400 grams.

As for the quality, not bad. Not superb. Material is very strong, looks like black glass fiber. Some mount threads were stripped already. The mount arrived preassembled.

I use MultiWii as stand alone stabilization controller. I did not fine tuned it yet, just assembled it yesterday and did some first tests. No camera footage yet, I need to figure out how to attach it to my quad.

My first tries...
Belt driven camera gimbal with MultiWii board (0 min 51 sec)
alek3d is offline Find More Posts by alek3d
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:05 AM
Just never satisfied...
Sweden, Örebro County, Askersund
Joined Jul 2005
48 Posts
I just ordered the "rolling disc" one. Should be here in about a week, I hope.

/Pär
PairAir is offline Find More Posts by PairAir
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:02 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PairAir View Post

/Pär
goodluck.
FlyingMcCoy is offline Find More Posts by FlyingMcCoy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Indoor 3d
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:11 AM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PairAir View Post
/Pär
It will get there, but a week is a bit optimistic for a Chinese wholesaler.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:50 AM
Free as a bird now.
United States, FL, Punta Gorda
Joined May 2002
6,672 Posts
They look pretty good at those prices.
Brian Courtice is offline Find More Posts by Brian Courtice
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:54 AM
Always Ready2Fly
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Lanklaar
Joined Apr 2012
8 Posts
rolling disk

I've ordered me "the rolling disk " 2 weeks ago.
it's on is way ( status is between China and Europe).

I'm gonna mod that one so the camera turns around his own CG.
That way the CG of the whole multicopter dont't change when the gimbal rolls or tilt. When that happens the gyro's have to recompensate and so one.
The very good thing on this system is that the camera does not swing in either direction. So even without a mod it's better.

But I've my doubts abouth the quality of te pieces.

I keep posted

@ dutchcommando : it's not the equipment to do a commando with :-)
dafred is offline Find More Posts by dafred
Old Aug 07, 2012, 12:11 PM
Registerer Used
Paris
Joined May 2010
715 Posts
Hi alek3d, and thanx for the vid

I received the 3axis one, same as yours, but did not plug it yet. I've ordered also some 360°servos, to check what they worth. Which Multiwii board do you use?
I saw the one from multiwiicopter, 3axis with yaw lock, is that the one you have? And if so, what do you think about it (can't seem to find any user report about it..)

Overall, for the price, it's okay. Some adjustments need to be done, but as the versions seem to follow each other, maybe in a few time there will be some very good ones coming to the market.

Cheers_

PS: By the way fellows, check the omgfly website, they are cheaper than the GLB one, I've ordered there without any problem, it took ten days from there to France. Nice.
Link: http://www.omgfly.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=751

Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d View Post
I just got the one 2-axis with belt drives and 360° servos, I don't think regular servos would work. It's pretty big and heavy, I discarded the tripod part because it it waaay too big for my quad (RM650 from rctimer, copy of X650 V4). Still I had to shorten the "leg" that holds the camera mount by about 4 cm to make it fit under my quad. I am not sure my quad is able to lift it, it is still 400 grams.

As for the quality, not bad. Not superb. Material is very strong, looks like black glass fiber. Some mount threads were stripped already. The mount arrived preassembled.

I use MultiWii as stand alone stabilization controller. I did not fine tuned it yet, just assembled it yesterday and did some first tests. No camera footage yet, I need to figure out how to attach it to my quad.

My first tries...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED4Kt4-zZ24
milouze is online now Find More Posts by milouze
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:59 PM
making crashing a lifestyle!
The Netherlands, UT, Soest
Joined Feb 2012
1,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafred View Post
I've ordered me "the rolling disk " 2 weeks ago.
it's on is way ( status is between China and Europe).

I'm gonna mod that one so the camera turns around his own CG.
That way the CG of the whole multicopter dont't change when the gimbal rolls or tilt. When that happens the gyro's have to recompensate and so one.
The very good thing on this system is that the camera does not swing in either direction. So even without a mod it's better.

But I've my doubts abouth the quality of te pieces.

I keep posted

@ dutchcommando : it's not the equipment to do a commando with :-)
Hahahahaha!

i thought the same... not really "commando proof"

(for those who are thinking what the h... are they talking about?, a commando(tje) is a cool and destructive crash.. guess who is the name giver of this.. and why..)
dutchcommando is offline Find More Posts by dutchcommando
Old Aug 11, 2012, 06:42 AM
Always Ready2Fly
Joined Apr 2012
8 Posts
"Rolling Disc"Arrived

First impressions:
No manual
Partly assembled
Some screws are loose : So untight every screw and put some locktight on it.
Rol mechanism is very heavy. Innner circle made of heavy iron: I'm gone drill some holes in it.( Its about 300grs)
Ball bearings of roll are running dry and give some vibration : ad some grease ..
Beginning with modding : post it here when ready.....
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:12 AM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
I bought the same rolling disk from OMGFLY, which, when you add shipping, is the same price as the one from GLB. It said "in stock", but really it wasn't. I got an email that said he was waiting for the factory to send him one, but that it would be early next week.

I also bought the 360 degree servos. I think I'm going to convert it to 2 axis. I can imagine the gimbal wobbling on that long spindle on top. Plus I would like it a little shorter

I'm not going to use the landing gear either.

Russ
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:17 AM
Always Ready2Fly
Joined Apr 2012
8 Posts
Rolling Gimball

I had the same idea : 2 axis and no using of the lnding gear.

But adding some rare damping. Keep you posted !!