HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:53 AM
wood is good
United States, CA, Marina Del Rey
Joined Jun 2012
1,315 Posts
Discussion
J-3 Cub

Hope this is the right place to be posting this.

Searched but could not find anything on ruggedizing the BlitzRCworks giant J-3 Cub. I just picked up a new one and I'd be interested in hearing what other owners have done to make theirs more trouble free and reliable.

The landing gear appears to be the area of greatest weakness, with all its fiddly little plastic parts and springs. So I figured to beef this up a bit before ever trying to fly it, rather than risk breaking it or losing parts unnecessarily.

Anyone have one? Any tips?

Edit: Have since found extra ordinary threads here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1384440
and here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...tarmax+j+3+cub
loNslo is offline Find More Posts by loNslo
Last edited by loNslo; Jul 29, 2012 at 05:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:46 AM
Joined Jun 2012
37 Posts
Hi IoNslo ,

How did the tunning up of your giant J-3 Cub went? I just bought one last week , it will take 3 or 4 weeks before it arrives . Are you happy with it ? Is it easy to fly? Well powered?
Hope we did a good buy!

Ciruplas
Ciruplas is offline Find More Posts by Ciruplas
Old Nov 06, 2012, 07:24 PM
wood is good
United States, CA, Marina Del Rey
Joined Jun 2012
1,315 Posts
Haven't even assembled it, yet, as I am working on building a 1/5-scale balsa Cub here :
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1742597

But I plan on flying the foam one, first.
loNslo is offline Find More Posts by loNslo
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:12 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi pilots!

The BlitzRCWorks Giant J-3 cub is unavailable at this time. However, our 4CH FMS Giant J-3 Cub (1400mm) appears to be its scaled successor. This particular J-3 cub is very easy and stable to fly. In terms of power, the manufacturer's suggested 3S 1800mAh 25C LIPO pack provides plenty of power for normal parkflyers. If you are looking to upgrade the battery, I would not suggest upping the mAh capacity too much as the allotted battery compartment space is quite limited. Upgrading to a LIPO with a higher discharge rate ("C" rating) would surely yield a more noticeable punch in the throttle response. Unfortunately, we have yet to film an official flight review for this FMS Giant J-3, but this task will certainly be on our to-do list! In the meantime, please feel free to browse a few amateur videos/flight reviews on YouTube, such as this one! Thanks! -Seba

FMS J3 Piper Cub 1400mm Maiden Flight (20120411) (2 min 37 sec)
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr