HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by KKDDMM, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 06:32 PM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jan 2012
340 Posts
I checked the paddle-bar of Helios.

I checked the paddle-bar of Helios yesterday.
Next time I will try to put the paddle-bar and lightweight paddle-bar to V911.
KKDDMM is offline Find More Posts by KKDDMM
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:24 AM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jan 2012
340 Posts
BELL bar ball-linkage size

Helios's ball size is a little bigger.
KKDDMM is offline Find More Posts by KKDDMM
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:10 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,659 Posts
Thank you.

I've found that these plastic balls are not totally round. They are more egg shape sometimes. That could explain the difference in reading.

Plus, they aren't even consistent between batches.

Additionally, these digital caliber are so sensitive that depending on the pressure you put, it could account the the difference.

They seem to be close enough to be able mod to use the parts interchangeable between birds.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:14 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,747 Posts
I think so too. I think that the sizes are close enough as replacement parts. I love what the other guys are calling the operation in the Blade 120SR thread - spit and polish the balls! That sound hilarious, but the idea is to sand down and polish the ball links smooth by using a brown paper bag, act as fine sand paper on the balls. It might just get it down enough to drop in on the V911. You do want the flybar to move VERY freely on the V911. Otherwise, it won't fly right. If it appears to be too large still, I would personally cut and split open the loop of the link. That will take off the pressure on the ball.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:51 PM
was a user.
Joined Sep 2011
85 Posts
TX question

just got my u816. the transmitter blows big time. no memory for trims, no throttle trims....

good day everybody.

Can i use the Turnigy 9X radio on the U816?

im new to quads, ive have msr, scout cx and mjxf29 all with DIY Mods. to give you guys background on my flight experience.

U816- it hovers well, i dont know if its the gentle breeze outside or the prop wash out indoors that pushes it to drift in multi directions. and trimming? trim where? it goes around. i thought when i hover it it would be nailed to where i place it.

also what is the correct position of the battery for a good COG?

grazie.
hanginkanluran is offline Find More Posts by hanginkanluran
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:24 PM
Joined Nov 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKDDMM View Post
I checked the paddle-bar of Helios yesterday.
Next time I will try to put the paddle-bar and lightweight paddle-bar to V911.
Has anyone had success using the Helios 100 paddle flybar instead of the stock V911 fly bar? Both my V911 had bad toilet bowl effect using the Helios bar.

Is the Helios fly bar any better with the V911 if you remove the weights? Or with any other modifications?
Tek34 is offline Find More Posts by Tek34
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:07 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
Don't bother. I won't go into the details but after all the work to fit the Helios flybar into my V911, I took them off after 1-minute of flight.

The helicopter is extremely unstable without weights, no matter if you're using paddle flybar or the normal one.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG